Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2010

I'm going to Gateway! A friend of mine works with KHI and got me passes for the whole weekend for my birthday. Not sure how much I'll be able to see from the infield though?

Very cool!! I don't know how Gateway is set up, but generally the view is more limited from the infield...but it is really cool to be down near the pits during the race to see sorta a behind the scenes of what is going on!

If you get a chance to stop to eat, before you get into the St. Louis area, right off I-55, there is a little town called Festus. There is a good restaraunt there called Tanglefoot Steakhouse. Great Beer and wine selections, Great desserts, great burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    If you get a chance to stop to eat, before you get into the St. Louis area, right off I-55, there is a little town called Festus.

Right after Matt Dillon and before Ms. Kitty?

After a small incident at Chicagoland (our NASCAR bags were stolen), our trip turned out to be pretty good.
    Kyle won Friday night, Jimmie wrecked Saturday (Mark said it was worth our bags getting stolen) and then Reutiman won...pretty good weekend all in all!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Good grief I wish they'd call this dang race already. I've
    been sweaty and miserable all day, and now it's been delayed for like 2 hours cuz a whole bunch of the lights are out. I only have infield passes and you have to wear long pants. On the bright side I've got a ton of
    pictures .

That was a race....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

If Carl doesn't get some kind of hand slap over his win then there is no justice in Nascar. This was not a good win, and no matter what spin Carl puts on his justification, this was dirty pool. I used to have some respect for him but it seems he will do "whatever" to get a win.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

What a race that was! Sorry, but I think Brad got exactly what he deserved and Carl raced him just like he was raced. I was sorry to see that he got hit so hard and glad he's ok. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
    Mark said Carl is almost his favorite driver

anna_66
    What a race that was! Sorry, but I think Brad got exactly what he deserved and Carl raced him just like he was raced. I was sorry to see that he got hit so hard and glad he's ok. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
    The nudge that Brad gave Carl ,got him a little loose, was racing, but what Carl did to Brad was not a nudge. The result of that was nothing but a race ending crash. The type of racing done by Kurt Busch and Johnson a few weeks ago was an example of reciprocal nudge that won Johnson the race.
    The difference, Johnson gave Busch the same nudge he received, without a
    race ending crash. Carl has been guilty of this type of racing many times. THIS IS NOT RACING WHEN YOU TAKE OUT HALF THE FIELD>
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    I agree 100% with what Anna said!

Congrats Carl!

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    Carl has been guilty of this type of racing many times. THIS IS NOT RACING WHEN YOU TAKE OUT HALF THE FIELD>
    And so have many other drivers. Guess it's just a matter of opinion

I missed the whole thing. I was on pit road and saw Carl cross the finish line and had just turned around toward VL when everything else happened. Figures. I missed the Carl vs Brad showdown when Carl won in Memphis too 'cuz I was jostling for the best position for VL pics.

I have over 450 pics to dig through, I'm sure at least 100 are junk. I'll get the rest uploaded soon.

I have to side with Anna on this one. I think Carl raced Brad the way Brad races.

And all these drivers who say he went too far, come on. I had to laugh at Kevin Harvick. Thursday on Nascar now on ESPN he was going on and on about how it was low-down dirty move. And at the same time they were showing video of him putting the same move on Joey Logano and wrecking him earlier this year. Ofcourse, then Joey came across his nose, He didn't do it on purpose

I didn't hear JPM say anything about it, but what about when he came out, laps down and wrecked Tony at Miami last year? What did Tony say? He knew had it coming!

Dale Sr. wrecked Terry Labonte, @ Bristol for the win. And many worship him for what he was to NASCAR.

Ryan Newman said it should be called ateemptted manslaughter. Really? I love ya Ryan, but you've wreck some ppl on purpose too.

Maybe Carl should have known better, since wrecking Brad before did something he never expected (put him in the air). This time it him in the of oncoming traffic. Honestly, if he hadn't been hit multiple times and spun, I don't know if the same big deal would have been made of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    I have to side with Anna on this one. I think Carl raced Brad the way Brad races.

And all these drivers who say he went too far, come on. I had to laugh at Kevin Harvick. Thursday on Nascar now on ESPN he was going on and on about how it was low-down dirty move. And at the same time they were showing video of him putting the same move on Joey Logano and wrecking him earlier this year. Ofcourse, then Joey came across his nose, He didn't do it on purpose

I didn't hear JPM say anything about it, but what about when he came out, laps down and wrecked Tony at Miami last year? What did Tony say? He knew had it coming!

Dale Sr. wrecked Terry Labonte, @ Bristol for the win. And many worship him for what he was to NASCAR.

Ryan Newman said it should be called ateemptted manslaughter. Really? I love ya Ryan, but you've wreck some ppl on purpose too.

Maybe Carl should have known better, since wrecking Brad before did something he never expected (put him in the air). This time it him in the of oncoming traffic. Honestly, if he hadn't been hit multiple times and spun, I don't know if the same big deal would have been made of it.

Very well said, Amy. All excellent examples.

BTW...I was live and in person at that Dale Sr./Terry Labonte Bristol race. It is something I will never forget! The crowd EXPLODED!

Never thought I would ever root for Kyle Busch to win. After Carl's comments on his justification for putting Brad into the wall I lost all my respect for him. He used to be one of my favorites. He is a hot head and will end up hurting or killing someone.
    — Unknown