Thread: What is Digi?

What is Digi?

Now that Digi is 2.5yrs old & her fur has grown back (I think think it's getting longer & longer still as I'm finding new long hairs every few months).

When Digi was tossed at me at 6 weeks old, the jerk said she was a German Shepherd (GSD)/ Mix. I can't remember if he said another breed or not, but I've always thought Collie cause of her thin head & super tiny forehead...

Currently Digi is about the size of a 40lb dog, but weighs about 25lbs due to her inability to store body fat (shes a hairy skeleton dog). Dig is very much a Herding dog. She tries to control Cam (cat) by nipping at her feet. Digi also loves to jump & flip about when playing fetch. She doesn't walk, she prances. She WILL stare at a toy I'm holding with eyes WIDE open following every movement of the toy with her head. Shes a VERY fast dog. Her tail hair is longer then in the pictures below. Her longest tail hairs are about 1 foot long. He tail now drags on the floor when her tail is down. The tail hair also goes down the side of her back as they are crazy long hairs!! Her elbow hair is the longest hair on her front legs by far. Her butt hair (as I call it) is about 50% of her upper hind leg (remember no body fat = skinny legs)... At the back of her hind leg.. what would be the Heel if she was human, are long hairs.. It's only a tiny section that has those long hairs. She has long hair inbetween her 2 more front toes on all 4 paws. All toenails are covered with hair, but you can often see her front nails through the fur in her front paws as the nails are black & the fur is white. When she is VERY mad (rare), or playing rough with me, her shoulder guard hairs are not just at the shoulder in a small patch.. It's a HUGE section of her back (about a foot square) where ALL that oddly long hair on her back stands up & makes her look like a porcupine. I haven't been able to get a picture of it, as she puts it down as soon as I get the camera

I have often thought she's got a lot of Sheltie in her. She's not bulky enough to be border collie, and her fur is too long - I would guess a Shetland Sheepdog/something taller but still fine-boned mix. English Setter? Are they at all common where you are? They have the long flowing tails, and "fringes," ...

Anybody whose met a Sheltie experiences that herding instinct first-hand, if they are off-leash for a second!
    I've Been Frosted

she kinda has that sheltie face with a lil bit of shepard colors......she might even has spaniel in her....her paws have that spot look to them....all in all she is one beautiful dog

I see a Sheltie face, and a Border Collie body. Whatever she is, she's beautiful!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm certainly no expert on dog breeds by any means. But to me she looks Collie/German Shorthair/GSD to me. Either way she's a beautiful dog and looks like she's very happy.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Australian Kelpie/Collie would be my guess.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

she has a narrow sheltieish face but without the narrow foxy face, I would never in a million years guess she was anything but a full Border Collie lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    Australian Kelpie/Collie would be my guess.
    Thank you! Australian Kelpie was the face I was trying to think of!!

My guess: Australian Kelpie, Sheltie and maybe some Border Collie.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

The only reason I saw it is because we had 3 purebred australian kelpies at the shelter I work and they got wonderful homes. My favorite was Dundee though. He's a handsome boy.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Digi, whatever breed(s) you have, you are black and tan and white and PRETTY!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Thank you! Australian Kelpie was the face I was trying to think of!!

My guess: Australian Kelpie, Sheltie and maybe some Border Collie.
    The head of the Kelpie does look quite similar to Digi's doesn't it?

Digi is very much a cute mutt
    She gets a lot of comments whenever we go out, & she gets too much loving from strangers lol

Digi is adorable! I'm sorry I didn't put that in the other post!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Gee, I often wondered that myself. My niece's stepdad's dog reminds me so much of Digi with the ears and tail, especially.
    Ya know what? I think Digi is so unique, and so gorgeous and so special, that I'm glad she is a super mutt. She will never be replaced or cloned with her beautiful self. I think she is spectacular and I always loved seeing her picture so I can swoon.

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks for the nice comments

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Gee, I often wondered that myself. My niece's stepdad's dog reminds me so much of Digi with the ears and tail, especially.
    Ya know what? I think Digi is so unique, and so gorgeous and so special, that I'm glad she is a super mutt. She will never be replaced or cloned with her beautiful self. I think she is spectacular and I always loved seeing her picture so I can swoon.
    Thats what I love about Digi too, shes so unique there will never be another dog that looks like her. With her personality I don't have to worry about her running away as she doesn't like being out of eyesight when we're outside.. she will run like a wild animal on speed (she can run WAY too fast) & she will run really far off in the field, but shes always checking to see if I'm still there. She doesn't run up to people or strange dogs, she always runs back to me & if they get close she will run up to them full of wiggles... I try not to allow that as I don't want her scaring people... It only happens when people sneak up on us (through a whole in the fence type of thing)... then I feel bad that shes all jumpy near them.. but with a stern command, the tail goes down & she comes right back & sits like a good girl until they are gone... Shes still very much a puppy

The next time Trevor is over or when we get some snow, I'll take some pictures.. But I can't run her this time of the year as the area we go is along side a creek & Digi being Digi she will go in it & I fear i wont be able to get her home before she freezes to death... so the best I can do is let her run crazy in the house (always did.. but there are rules) & let her run/trot on a 50' leash in the yard. So the pics wont be great, but they will be full of Digi!

for videos of Digi & Cam go to www.youtube.com/kingrattus I have several there & I should be uploading a good 50+ videos soon as I don't have an easy way to show them on my site yet.