Thread: Ok, good cheap Cat toys

Ok, good cheap Cat toys

I have a Super Active.. Young Kitten. He is just over a yr old. He lives now with 6 dogs and 2 senior cats. LOL But, he is constantly on the go. I have one of those Wire cat toys with what looks like .. rolled up.. paper things at the end. I have a chirping mouse toy that hangs on the door.. *Which is gets it in his mouth..and trys to carry off into another room*.. I have a Plastic Round toy with a ball that rolls around the outside..and inside.. for him to chase..and he plays with the lasor pointer. Now, I play with him .. A lot.. And he is still Psycho! I know he is a kitten..and he amuses me with his silly behavior. But he is keeping my room mate up at night.. Screaming *Meowing weird* and running around the house like a nutso. He jumps off walls.. Leaps off the sofa.. and gets into stuff.. All night. WHILE Screaming. Lol He is such a vocal kitty anyhow... But what are some things I can do to try to wear his butt out? Any ideas?

ahh, kittenhood! The good news: it won't last, he WILL grow up. Reach the "Terrible Twos" and all that ha haaa. And as he is a vocal boy, then when you tell him "OFF!" he will give you back talk! My Chestnut is now 11 years and STILL gives me backtalk on a regular basis.

General rule: cats are crepuscular, most active at dawn and dusk. But yes he is excited and playing like a nut all night long.

Do you have any catnip mice? These are quite toys. He will still be running, but he will have it in his mouth to stop the "screaming." He heee.

Those toys on strings he should not have access to without supervision. Cats have "hooks" on their tongues. Once they get a string, piece of yarn, in the mouth, they can't let it go, it must go in and down and be swallowed.

I hope others have more ideas for you!

My cat Pearl loves to play with straws which are inexpensive and very quite toys. I've also bought some pipe cleaners and I twist two of them together to make a spider. Both my Ziggy and Sky love to play with these.

Some cats will always be active and kittens at heart. My cat Sunny is a little over 9 and he still loves to play and run and he'll howl in the evening and morning because he wants some one to play with him. I'm enjoying every minute of this because he's been diagnosed with cancer so I know I won't have much more time with him.

I hope you'll be able to find the perfect toy to keep your active kitten busy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    ahh, kittenhood! The good news: it won't last, he WILL grow up. Reach the "Terrible Twos" and all that ha haaa. And as he is a vocal boy, then when you tell him "OFF!" he will give you back talk! My Chestnut is now 11 years and STILL gives me backtalk on a regular basis.

General rule: cats are crepuscular, most active at dawn and dusk. But yes he is excited and playing like a nut all night long.

Do you have any catnip mice? These are quite toys. He will still be running, but he will have it in his mouth to stop the "screaming." He heee.

Those toys on strings he should not have access to without supervision. Cats have "hooks" on their tongues. Once they get a string, piece of yarn, in the mouth, they can't let it go, it must go in and down and be swallowed.

I hope others have more ideas for you!

Man, it has been a long time since I have had a Kitten!

And no, the Toy on a string isn't out unless I am home. LOL And NOT at night! but the others are.

I can't have anything small and stuffed.. as the dogs eat them. I bout one and my lab mix ate it.. LOL So, those are a no go. Anything that looks even CLOSE to a dog toy.. can't use it. LOL!

haha he is just a goofy boy. but not sure what to give him that will do him good at night. I love my kitty tho... Room mate sometimes wants to trap him in the bathroom. LOL As she leaves her bedroom door open .. LOL And he runs in and pounces on her. LOL

After adopting Bad A$$ Buddy, I noticed he was very feisty. So I went out and adopted another kitten to take away some of that energy. BINGO!!! He's finally got someone of his own. Worked like a charm!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Try giving him the cap ring from a gallon jug of milk or water. Lots of cats love to play with "milk rings." Also, a "cat tree" to climb on, or a box to jump in and out of, is great for a kitten. Try putting some catnip in a paper grocery bag - and have a video camera handy!

Love, Columbine

Pinot's only two and a half, and still has a LOT of kitten, but one thing I don't miss are the night zoomies! Good luck with those!

Favorite cheap toys: HAIR TIES - get the ones that don't have an exposed metal part, and are more of a sturdy type. You can throw them in the air and the kitty will catch them, or they can play on their own with them. They are all over our house. Also plastic bottle caps; always a favorite. Latest cheap toy: the very small mouses that come in multi packs of 12. She LOVES them; I think the 12 pack is 4 or 5 dollars.

Enjoy kittenhood and good luck!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

If I had space for another kitty.. I would.. haveing 3 .. is enough! LOL

I can't get anything small, that are edible by Big dogs.. So the lil Mouse things are not good. Heck I can't even have stuffed animals sitting around apparently. .Cause roomies chi LOVES to eat them! Sooooo LOL

I will pull out some Hair tie things and fling em places. But I am sure we will Loose em all here. LOL

And cat tree is something I want to do.. But have to wait till we get a bigger place, our empty floor space here is very limited.

And yes, the night zoomies is what gets us. LOL! I love him.. But he is sooo strange! I am hoping one of the older cats will take him under there wing and play with him some. LOL! I really don't need another animal! LOL!

A laser light is a good thing to have! We play with the light with our cats about one hour or so before WE go to bed. They are tired out by then, and they go to bed, too. Some with us, others have their favourite places. Even the 8 month old kitten sleeps all night!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Man, Wish mine would sleep all through the night after a hr with the laser. Lol We tried the playing with him with it or something before bed. And he sleeps for a bit..and is up and ready to go again! Lol We just bought a cpl new toys today. One is a ball that will roll in random places. So I thought I could bring that out at night when we are sleeping and see how it goes. Lol