I went to my local guy after shelteez2 showed me her Dyson. He's the kind of guy that has been in the business for almost 30 years with his own shop, and has repaired almost everything in Vacuum creation!

I would love to hear from people who have owned their pet vac for a couple of years or more.

1. He said to re-examine a Dyson...if you turn it over, he said, likely it will have a plastic paddle instead of a wooden or other sturdy roller with bristles on it. Also, the hose that handles the attachments is clear - and it breaks down in 2 or 3 years due to UV rays (this is why many companies colour theirs).

He did say the warranty was great - except that the owner has to ship it off (here it goes to Montreal) and wait for it.

2. Bissell Pet? He said Bissell just put the pet stickers on one of their machines.

3. He suggested looking at the Sebo. www.sebocanada.ca

I'll check out the Oreck as well. My roller on my Electrolux is stopping up more, even with pre-vacuuming the area with another attachment (who needs to vaccuum TWICE?). I think it is the suction that is now poor. It would be a good machine for someone else, but not for me.

Thanks for the input!