Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    ... And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts....

Totally agree. I wish people wouldn't automatically think the worst of a person. Give people the benefit of a doubt.

When Willow was missing, I was up and down all night searching and calling. I was dead to world the next morning. If Bobcat hadn't shaken me awake, I wouldn't have known she had returned.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    She just called me and said she just woke up. I told her I knocked on her door at 6:30 a.m. and there was no answer.

She said she was asleep.

I'm thinking WHAT how can you sleep knowing your kitten is OUTSIDE in the COLD.

What the * well u know what I'm thinking.

My husband said this morning that maybe we should ask her if Apollo is her kitten and if she says no then maybe we should find Butters another home one that will want to keep him indoors but maybe this is just a silly accident.

But I can't image you would want to go to sleep with knowing your kitten is outside.

I think I might of found the where this person adopted the kitten from. I'm attaching a photo of a kitten I think looks like the one they posted.

What do u guys think.

Melissa

I am confused. You eventually connected with her...did you tell her you had what you thought was the kitten? Did she ask if you had her kitten? Did she come over?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hey, if I am asleep, I might not hear a knock on the door. I am deaf on one side, so if the good ear is in the pillow, no sound penetrates. Pound all you want, it wouldn't matter. And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts.

He's adorable, and perhaps now that she knows his propensity for escape, she'll be more cautious around the door!
    Good point, I'm not trying to think the worst of her. You're right I should give her the benefit of the doubt but when I told her I was at her place at 6:30 a.m. and knocked on her door several times she didn't say oh I was really tired from searching but maybe she was, yeah she did post signs and I'm glad she did or I wouldn't of been out looking for her but honestly I wouldn't be able to sleep regardless. I hope she will be more cautious of the door from now on. There are a lot of wild male cats near my side of the apartment complex that could of caused him some damage. I'm just glad he's inside where it's nice and warm.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    I am confused. You eventually connected with her...did you tell her you had what you thought was the kitten? Did she ask if you had her kitten? Did she come over?
    Yes, she called me at 11 a.m. this morning. I told her I thought I had her kitten.

She has not come over to house yet.

Melissa

If one of mine was missing, I would probably not sleep until they were home. But maybe she had been up a couple of days looking. That may have been the case. I'm glad little Butters is out of the cold and safe. That is what really matters!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    If one of mine was missing, I would probably not sleep until they were home. But maybe she had been up a couple of days looking. That may have been the case. I'm glad little Butters is out of the cold and safe. That is what really matters!
    I just have to say that according to the craigslist ad the cat went missing Monday night at Midnight which inturn sorta starts Tuesday and so the cat was missing from Midnight until I found him this morning at 6:30 a.m.

I probably wouldn't be able to sleep either but I still need to give her the benefit of the doubt. That is what really matters is that he's safe and sound now

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    Yes, she called me at 11 a.m. this morning. I told her I thought I had her kitten.

She has not come over to house yet.

Melissa
    Did she say she was planning to stop by? I know, give people the benefit of the doubt - but she doesn't impress me.

Some people are just kind of nonchalant about their pets; she might be one of those........or not. Hard to say, but if I lost a kitten, I'd be pounding on all doors and asking for help. I'm just surprised that she has waited this long...

any updates? Butters sounds so cute (nips and all...........)
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

It's hard to say that's for sure.

When I spoke with her at 11 a.m. I told her I wouldn't be home till after 5 p.m. and then I'd call her and she could come down to see if it's Butters or not.

I guess we are going to give her her cat back but if I find out it's loose again I don't know if she'll get it back.

But I think this is the right decision, I wouldn't want someone stealing my cat but I also would have been outside looking for my baby all the time or at least taking turns with my husband even then I think I'd have to be outside.

Hopefully she'll say she was at work all day or something and that's why she was so tired.

I'll post some pictures before he leaves us tonight.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm View Post
    Some people are just kind of nonchalant about their pets; she might be one of those........or not. Hard to say, but if I lost a kitten, I'd be pounding on all doors and asking for help. I'm just surprised that she has waited this long...

any updates? Butters sounds so cute (nips and all...........)

The two yellow cats in post 8 don't look the same to me. Check the white streaks around the eyes.

Hi Everyone-

Just turned over this kitten.

They were so excited and so was the little guy. I asked them how the kitten got out and they said that they were carrying groceries in the house and he slipped out before they knew it.

Stuff happens and they were so happy to see Butters. They wanted to pay us for our efforts I declined, I don't like taking money for giving someone back there cat and they just had him to the vets and showed me the papers and they will have him fixed soon.

I will attach some pictures later on but I need to go outside and trap another kitty now.

Maybe my luck will be better tonight.

Butters was so happy to be home it was so great seeing him in his natural home.

Melissa

That's fabulous news, Melissa! I know how good you must feel. And Butters and his family, too. A happy ending!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That's so wonderful that he was happy to be home. Makes me want to cry.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That is great! She doesn't sound like a bad kitty owner after all. Good luck on trapping that other kitty!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Butters is adorable and I'm so glad that you were able to catch him and reunite him with his family. Hopefully he won't try to escape again. Good luck in trapping the other cat.