Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dogs in stores

Quote Originally Posted by GiantSchnauzer View Post
    The one thing I wish we had more of...Dog beaches!
    So you don't have a problem with humans and dogs mingling in the same waters/sand?
    MY RUGRATS

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I'm aware of that, I do not recall singling anyone out.
    Just speaking out for little dog owners
    MY RUGRATS

Quote Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post
    Just speaking out for little dog owners
    Okay, well I promise you I myself am a fan of little dogs. I put down my beautiful maltese, Sassy in June 2008 because of arthritis. I know the BS small dog owners sometimes go through such as "oh so you carry your dog in a purse" and the like. I just don't think it's right for people to sneak a smaller dog into a store because of the simple fact that they can hide them easily. I also don't like the fact that some places allow just small dogs and not bigger ones, now being the owner of a Pug/Beagle mix who is pretty big, I don't see it fair that because my dog is bigger he isn't allowed somewhere just because of his size. Granted, he's not very well behaved but we are working with him and just signed up for Basic Obedience courses. But I know many well behaved bigger dogs, and I just sort of see it as a bit unfair.

Princess says she likes her dog-friendly state the way it is, kthanxbai.

But she wishes Dade would let her bully friends in on the fun too!!

*her pit bull impersonation, see her muscles? She says she has RE bloodline!*

MY RUGRATS

I have 2 thoughts on this.

One, sometimes we have a dog in church because there is a family who is working with a puppy before she goes to helper dog training. She has to be introduced to a variety of situations she may encounter with the person she will eventually be helping, and that includes church. Some people initially got angry when they saw the dog in church, even though she was wearing her training jacket. There was an article in the newsletter, though (written from the dog's point of view) explaining that the family working with the puppy agrees to take the puppy as many places as they can, and that includes church, so please be patient and understanding, and consider the person the puppy may eventually help. There are still a few people who think the puppy ought not to be in church, but I'd say 97% of the people understand why she is there, agree with the decision to bring her, and use her as a teachable moment with children (See the dog wearing the special jacket? Guess what she is learning to do?). Everyone always wants to pet her, so the family teaches about that too - ask first and then you may pet her briefly. She's totally adorable. Once we had a brass ensemble in church, and when they were done playing, she barked! that is the only time she has ever barked in church. The whole congregation laughed and the director said, "Puppy solo!" It was soooooo cute.

The other is this - in Chicago there are some restaurants that have outdoor seating that you can use whether you have a dog with you or not. That way, if you are out with your dog (e.g., at Wiggly Field or walking along the lakefront), you don't have to take her home before you go out to eat. I went to one with some friends and we sat on the patio even though we didn't have a dog with us. It was fun! We struck up conversations with people about their dogs, and learned a lot. Also got lovely doggie kisses afterward The dog people were so friendly that day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Aww!!! How cute!!! DOGGY SOLO! I love it.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I don't see anothing wrong w/ taking your dog into a store as long as it's ok w/ the owners/management of the store. I'd think it would be pretty gross if someone carried their dog inside a grocery store or any kind of store w/ food in it for that matter, cause then there would be dog hair all over the place...but someone mentioned carrying their dog inside Lowe's and I don't really see nothing wrong w/ that as long as the people working there are cool w/ it. I've seen people in Lowe's before w/ dogs. They were small dogs...but anyways.. Me, personally, don't ever take my dog in stores. Angel really gets nervous around people and doesn't like it much, so I normally leave her at home unless I'm just running to the gas station or something where I can leave her in the car. The only store I've carried her in is Petco...and she barked her little head off the whole time!! lol...
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'm not going to go into depth on this and create a hassle, but unless it's a service dog, it doesn't belong in a store other than a pet/pet supply store. The size of the dog doesn't matter.
    I agree.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I agree.
    Me too.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post

But she wishes Dade would let her bully friends in on the fun too!!

*her pit bull impersonation, see her muscles? She says she has RE bloodline!*

Candy, she would be a fine addition to my breeding program! lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Bully Connection View Post
    Candy, she would be a fine addition to my breeding program! lmfao
    LOL long bullies! I love it!
    MY RUGRATS

I checked with my local home depot when I saw a lady with a macaw on her shopping cart handle. they said there is no policy against bringing animals in and they welcome them all, including pitbulls. Champ goes to work with me everyday but he'd rather sleep in the truck than come in the store with me anyways. But a pet freindly store is more likely to draw pet freindly customers.
    I love my bully!

Quote Originally Posted by redog View Post
    I checked with my local home depot when I saw a lady with a macaw on her shopping cart handle. they said there is no policy against bringing animals in and they welcome them all, including pitbulls. Champ goes to work with me everyday but he'd rather sleep in the truck than come in the store with me anyways. But a pet freindly store is more likely to draw pet freindly customers.
    Yup Yup!
    MY RUGRATS

I think if dogs are welcomed into the store then it's ok to bring them in (and yes, you should pick up after your dog)

Our Home Depot also welcomes dogs. We had to stop by there once while we were out and just happened to have Roxey with us. I was going to wait outside the store and one of the managers came out and personally invited us in

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

[QUOTE=pomtzu;2224021]I'm not going to go into depth on this and create a hassle, but unless it's a service dog, it doesn't belong in a store other than a pet/pet supply store. The size of the dog doesn't matter.
    So - IMO - it is irresponsible for anyone to take a dog in a store, without good cause.

I agree with all of you.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----