Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Wyatt has arrived! Pictures included!

Baby Wyatt has arrived! Pictures included!

Hi everyone! Baby Wyatt Ryder arrived on New Years Day, 5:29 am. He weighed 6 pounds and 3 ozs, 19 inches long.

I had a hard labor, but a fast one too! I went into labor at about 2 pm New Years Eve. I did not know it was real labor though, and the contractions were painful, but not consistent. I called my OB, who informed me once they get 5 minutes apart for an hour, to head to the triage unit.

I waited around, packed my bags, cleaned the house, and waited some more. I still did not know if this was the real thing, but I knew I was in pain, and the contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart when I told Rickie we need to head on up to the hospital. He tried so hard to stay calm!

We arrived at 9 pm, and I got checked in. At this point my contractions were so bad I couldnt talk through them. OUCH! They checked me and I was 4 cm dilated. They asked me to walk for an hour to progress things some. Well! This is where things turn into a whirlwind of crazy!

I walk for less then 2 minutes, get down the main hallway and turn onto the next. Contraction hits, and POP! Water breaks I start crying from embarrassment, Rickie tries to calm me, and the nurses are running around getting towels and a wheelchair for me.

I get checked into my room, and I am 6 cm. They offer the epidural, I agree and we wait... AND WAIT... and WAITTTT>>>>

Finally, at about 7 1/2 to 8 cm, the drug man arrives. I am in SO. MUCH. PAIN that I cant comprehend at this point what is happening. I get the epidural, and guess what. BIG FAT FAIL! I guess my body hates pain meds, because, it did not take. I did feel a little tingly, but not much in pain relief. They say I could be too far along at this point, or the space was missed. To late though, its TIME TO PUSH! And I am SO READY to get Wyatt out of me!

The nurse asked me to trial push, and I did. She said one more time and I did, and then she says "DONT PUSH, NO MATTER WHAT".. Like at that point its an option to not push She runs to call the doctor, the doctor runs in, I push 3 times and Wyatt was born! I will NEVER forget the look on Rickies face, the way he held him and the joy he got from cutting the cord.

I am SO IN LOVE. I was so scared and nervous to be a mommy, but no reason for it. I love him, would do ANYTHING for him. Me and his daddy could not be any happier or in love with him. This boy is def. something special...

Ok, so thats all I can remember of the birth right now on an hour sleep I hope it isnt too long and that everyone has a wonderful New Year!!!
    First pics!

Proud Daddy!

FEW MORE>
    Last edited by kt_luvs_kitties; 01-05-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Leaving the hospital:

Hope you enjoyed

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

AWWW!! What a little angel!! No, your post wasn't too long, and thank you so much for keeping us up to date! The pictures are wonderful! Congratulations!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Awww, I got tears while reading this. He is just perfect!! That outfit he is in to go home is just adorable.

How are the doggies and kitties with him? Can't wait to watch this little PTer grow up.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Katie, I am so happy for you and Rickie, look at baby Wyatt!

He looks LONG!

Your baby Wyatt and I share b-days from now on It's a great day to have a b-day after you turn 21

Melissa

WoW Wyatt your so Adorable.. Heck you look half grown with those long legs.. Your for sure a Cutie Pie.. Many Congrats to Proud Mommy & Daddy..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

He is adorable, thanks for sharing and congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

Great pics, and he is so cute!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

awww he's gorgeous. congratulations

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Congratulations!! Wyatt is so cute!

Goodness, what a pink little angel!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How adorable is he?!? Congratulations!

What a beautiful boy!!! I'm so happy for you Well done!!!

I had a similar birth with Vince. My labor with Quinn was honestly painless. I wanted to actually feel more "labor pains" and the urge to push, but the epidural worked so well I felt not a single thing. It was bitter sweet. I wanted to feel labor because it's such a strong, womanly thing to feel. Well...I got my wish with Vince. I was in intense pain having contractions ever 3 minutes for as long as I could deal with it at home before I went to the hospital. They then gave me an epidural because I felt like I was being torn apart, but it didn't take...they tried 2 more times to put a new epidural into my spine but none of them took, so Vince was natural, too. It's an amazing feeling, but it also sealed my desire to only have 2 children lol. They say you eventually forget the pain but I honestly don't know how I could ever forget that lol.

Welcome, Wyatt. He's stunning, just absolutely stunning. Enjoy mommyhood and check in when ever you are able. Congratulations!