Thread: Crying in pain after eating

Crying in pain after eating

I have a chihuahua/terrier mix adopted a few months ago. She is going on three years old. A happy and social girl she is and has no behavioral problems. She cries after eating. Not every time. Like just when I think we have it beat, she does it again. Today she wouldn't eat at all until late afternoon when I gave a teaspoon of canned Eukanuba mixed with water. THEN......she was crawling on the floor crying in pain. I gave her 1/4 a zantac and she was able to go for a short walk after an hour.
    We will visit the vet this week as early as we can. I am aware of the common incidence of gastrointestinal problems with the little breeds. Just looking for ways to help her in the meantime.
    It rips my heart out to hear Katie cry.
    Thanks...........

Time to read ingredient labels, and give her different, simpler food. A trip to the vet is in order, but in the meantime, try giving her, for example, just some cooked chicken and a little rice or potato ... see how her tummy reacts. Limit what she eats to simple ingredient lists, and see how it goes!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen. Have been reading ingredients like crazy. Some of that dog food is not very good to say it in a polite way. Maybe just some rice would be good to get her by until the vet visit.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenwhiskerz View Post
    Thanks Karen. Have been reading ingredients like crazy. Some of that dog food is not very good to say it in a polite way. Maybe just some rice would be good to get her by until the vet visit.
    Be sure to add a little protein, hence the chicken, or whatever you have handy. I am a person with food allergies, and some of them make my gut hurt! So I read ingredients for everything, all the time!
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry to hear this.
    YES- give her some cooked chicken and cooked rice for a while. But definitely give your veterinarian a call, they will most likely want to see her just to check her out.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thank you all so much for your concern and comments. Katie will be seeing her doctors tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. I will report their findings as soon as I get them. Meanwhile, she is doing much better since I am giving her Zantac twice a day instead of just once. My tiny terror is back for now.