We had to put our cat down today. He had fluid in his lungs.
It's mad the night before i was playing with him but when I woke up it was completely different. I woke up to a cat crying in pain, my dad and brother like myself were really worried about him so the two of them brought him to the vet. When they got back my dad told me that he had broken his back but about a half an hour later the vet phoned and told us that he has fluid in his lungs, from a number of x-rays he found that his lungs were in an awful state.
My mam came in as soon as my dad finished talking to the vet, she came into the kitchen seeing me crying. We were all really upset. My mam is taking it really badly.
The four of us then went to the vets to see him for the last time, when we walked into the room he was there lying on the table, not moving, with an oxygen mask over his face. We spent the next while with him saying goodbye.
It then came the time to put him down, the vet asked if we wanted to stay. Me and my dad stayed. When he was giving him the injection I couldn't bare it and I broke out in tears again. When the vet finished I went over to him. I kissed him and lifted him up, he didn't move at all, he was lifeless, I know he had just died but the mear fact that just the night before I was playing with him shocked me the most. It really puts life into perspective.
Me and my dad gave our final goodbyes. We then went home to a house that was missing a large part of it.
We have two other cats (brother and sister) that are one and a half years old but they won't fill the void. Blackey was my first pet and he will always be the best.
We got him on the 23rd of December 2003, my dad came home and he got me two carry a box from the car. I said messing "it's alive!" and wouldn't ya know it, when I opened the box a little black kitten jumped out at me and ran under the christmas tree. He was the best Christmas present I had and will ever have.
He was six years old and a lovely cat, even though a ferrel cat had four kittens out our back he still took care of them. We gave two of the kittens away and kept two. I think they know that something is missing, I just hope that they last a lot longer than six years.
I love and miss him so much, he'll always have a place beside me.
We had Blackey from 23rd December 2003 to 31st December 2009.

Sorry for putting a damper on new years but I just need to talk about it, any suggestions to help with getting over it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

R.I.P Blackey, I miss and love you loads!