Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Rough spring weather in northern Illinois today. It started rainy and foggy, in the 40s F; then this afternoon the day brightened and the temperature went up into the 60s. Now tonight it is raining hard, with severe weather warnings and a tornado in Rochelle, Illinois which is about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. This is the spring weather I don't like.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Rough spring weather in northern Illinois today. It started rainy and foggy, in the 40s F; then this afternoon the day brightened and the temperature went up into the 60s. Now tonight it is raining hard, with severe weather warnings and a tornado in Rochelle, Illinois which is about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. This is the spring weather I don't like.
    Hope everyone you know stayed safe!

Saw crocuses today, and very flat-to-theground primrose, too! That was unexpectedly cheery!
    I've Been Frosted

So happy that Amazon gave me free shipping on a $200 textbook...
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

One of my co-workers read this quote at work today: "You spend years wishing your parents would get off your back, only to realize they're the only ones who ever really had your back." Now I am at a point in my life where I need to be sure I have my parents' back.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Random thought. I get e-mails from time to time from Singles Travel International. I got one announcing a trip to South Africa, which is one of my dream vacations. It is this November and it's a little more than $5000, not including the international airline tickets. Too expensive for the time being. Maybe next November or the November after. It's fun to think about, though.

6. I heard that coffee will throw the nose of a cadaver dog off when you bury a body?
    Last edited by bestellen; 01-22-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    I heard that coffee will throw the nose of a cadaver dog off when you bury a body?
    Not true - wishful thinking on someone's part!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    You 2 seem to think you know a bit to much about body disposal...... just sayin', tad creepy peeps I like it!

Pirates of the Carribean or Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman.

I wonder why a woman never showed up in an invisible jet to pull my bacon out of the fire!

------------

Warriors of Cavaliers?

How would you know if she was in her invisible jet?

I hate how hard it is to find a good apartment in a small town. Texting, calling and emailing, getting no answers. Super frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I hate how hard it is to find a good apartment in a small town. Texting, calling and emailing, getting no answers. Super frustrating.
    Ask everyone you know - you never know who might know of something!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    How would you know if she was in her invisible jet?
    Oh, no!

IF it's NOT a jet, what is making that noise when she passes by?

-----------------

Work with me?

The cable box goes on a TV.

I check the box - it seems like it's gone bad, so I bypass the box and run the cable directly into the TV.

Now? I have to have the TV rescan the channels - That takes ten minutes each time.

After I run the scan, some channels disappear and dead channels are put back into mix.
    I re run the scan and then the TV tells me that the cable has gone bad.
    After running to the store and buying replacement cables, pulling and attaching the new cables?

I have to pull out the directions and re-run the scan another 5 times before I finally get most of the channels back.

---------------

A TV that is smart enough to know what connection port I am using, it too stupid to know what kind of signal my cable company is using - STD, HRC, IIRC.
    HUH?

Why do I have to re-scan the channel lists?

Again, smart TV, stupid hoops to jump thru.

Why is the sheet of directions an origami project - 16 different pages on a giant sheet of paper that has NO numbers or way to show in which order to read the darn thing?

And why are the instructions written in typeface small enough to give me a headache?

And why are the instructions written in advanced tech jargon?

"Choose the type of cable signal your provider is using?"

I think they are using electrons, I may be wrong?

I spent 3.5 hours messing with the dang thing before I 'fixed' it.

Now? I just have to take the cable box back and re-install it.

Fun times ahead?

The supermarket had watermelon slices, already on a foam tray and wrapped in plastic. They cost proportionately more than a whole watermelon, but I went ahead and bought a slice anyway because that's the portion I can use for just me. I like this time of year when summer fruit is available and delicious!