Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2363646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1111

Thread: Random thoughts

Oh, that is so nice and sweet! Thank you, Elyse, for sharing that wonderful story with us!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here's my next vacation! I'd never leave!

www.kittenbnb.com
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Queen Elizabeth passed away at age 96. She's been the Queen for 70 years. I don't know a lot about the British royal family or the responsibilities of the king or queen. But my goodness, 70 years. I heard on the news that there have been 14 U.S. Presidents while she has been the Queen. I think my favorite Queen Elizabeth moment was w hen she appeared at the London Olympics with Daniel Craig as James Bond. And always with her corgi dogs.

Just a question, does Prince Charles get crowned right away? Or, will Queen Elizabeth's funeral be held before he is crowned? Does Camilla get a new title? Age 96 and 70 years as the Queen, what an amazing life.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Florida PTers, I'm watching the weather reports, thinking of you and saying big prayers today.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Florida PTers, I'm watching the weather reports, thinking of you and saying big prayers today.
    I saw on Facebook - Kay is okay, just her nicest cherry tree - that was damaged in Hurricane Irma but she nursed back - was downed in this storm, but she an her pups are okay.
    I've Been Frosted

When I got home from the supermarket last night there was a bunny on the grass So I tried to quietly get out of the car and not slam the door. He was sitting perfectly still and I didn't want to frighten him. I think it was "our" bunny who's been hanging around in front of my building on and off all spring and summer. One of my neighbors enjoys watching him so much that her grandchildren gave her a toy bunny that looks just like "our" bunny! He hasn't been around for several days so I was glad to see him.

7. im surprised the mail ran today with how icy and cold everything has been here lately. was a nice surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    im surprised the mail ran today with how icy and cold everything has been here lately. was a nice surprise
    The Postal Service's motto has long been, "Not rain, nor snow, nor dark of night shall keep our carriers from their appointed rounds!"

Our carrier (I am the office person in our Post Office) just has trouble when he or she literally cannot reach the mailbox because of snow or ice blocking it, otherwise the "mail must go through!"
    I've Been Frosted

9. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The Postal Service's motto has long been, "Not rain, nor snow, nor dark of night shall keep our carriers from their appointed rounds!"

Our carrier (I am the office person in our Post Office) just has trouble when he or she literally cannot reach the mailbox because of snow or ice blocking it, otherwise the "mail must go through!"
    for the most part the mail generally makes it here; except when it's quite icey and then it ends up being a day or two late here lately. which is understandable but also worrisome when youre waiting on something important/time sensitive

"Pets bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude." - W. Bruce Cameron, American author and humorist

11. ive been a member here for 18years

12. thanks Karen for keeping this place up and going!

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    thanks Karen for keeping this place up and going!
    Thank you, it means a lot.
    I've Been Frosted

14. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thank you, it means a lot.
    you are very welcome
    so many other pet web forums arent even up anymore

nice to have somewhere still up and operational

15. hope im not coming down with a cold