Thread: Random thoughts

Hybrid View

1. Well considering i live quite far from town it seemed the crap had just hit the fan if the bus got stuck on the way home as coming home there was way more route that the bus had to cover. least going to school all that route was already done before picking me up an a stuck bus going to school equaled skipped classes instead of having all the them. was win win LOL
    my parents had work early in the morning so i never got the chance to have them take me to school. sometimes theyed pick me after school though if they were in town already for whatever reason/s.

i always did my homework on the bus to pass the time. but really whether going to/from school or on the train or on a plain theres always those of every age we dont know an most likely never will

LOL I hated Public school. I liked Senior Year, but that was about it. College was great, IMO. It was definitely the right amount of challenge and held my interest because I was studying what I wanted. However, it was definitely great to graduate and realize I NEVER had to do it ever again. College was stressful for me, and I guess real life can be, but I like having more free time!

Blog Entries
    I have a random thought, has anyone heard the song by Dead South, Good Company? I figure it's well worth a listen. Easy to Google, you need to sort of watch the video whilst you listen I'm thinking.

Blog Entries
    What does the rainbow bridge mean? Do people actually think that our pets die and are jettisoned to some magical bridge with a rainbow constantly hovering over it? Is it a bridge formed out of a rainbow? Then what happens? So.... they're dead, go to the rainbow bridge and then what? They are like, in heaven, living in eternal bliss..... is that what you all mean. Does it have something to do with the song "somewhere over the rainbow! I am sincerely curious, otherwise I would not inquire. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Sounds like a very interesting take, that's for sure. I have never had a clue as to what the hell this means. Merely guesses.

The often shared story, based on an old Norse Legend:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
    those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    I've Been Frosted

Here is the link to Rainbow bridge
    http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    Here is the link to Rainbow bridge
    http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
    Thank you! Unfortunately my computer is not sophisticated enough to connect to this link ❤️

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The often shared story, based on an old Norse Legend:
    Thank you, that is beautiful. Definately shed a tear at that sentiment. I'm all in and up for that!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainbow.gif 
Views:	244 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	61477
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thank you, that is beautiful. Definately shed a tear at that sentiment. I'm all in and up for that!!!
    Yes, the first time I read it, my heart knew it must be true. And I look forward to seeing so many beloved animals there - and likely many Pet Talk humans, shoo would think of that as heaven itself. Like Paul
    I've Been Frosted

11. I hated it as well. especially since some of the teachers here were questionable. my 4th grade teacher said "Texas is the biggest state." while this is true if youre looking at a map it is indeed the biggest drawn state but its over all not the biggest state. an my science teacher pointed to a tree the class was standing under an asked "what kind of tree is that?" it was very clear to me that it was a Nordmann Fir but she said "it is a cedar tree" ... *smh*

just seen the rainbow bridge image. its really pretty
    Last edited by Vette; 02-19-2019 at 01:42 AM.

“God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven. If it takes my dog being there, I know he’ll be there.” — Billy Graham

This gives me so much comfort. When I cross the bridge I hope to be reunited with several loved and much missed family pets (not only Cassie, my RB girl but others too). Also Pet Talk people, dogs, cats and pets!

On a completely different note- Chicagoland has a forecast for more snow tomorrow, possible freezing rain in the afternoon. I know December was mild, but I’m ready for nicer weather. We did a huge snowstorm, we did a few days of very cold temperatures. Hurry up, spring!

I'm ready for spring, and I used to love snow and cold weather.

I haven't been outside since January 20th.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana