Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

One of the things I miss about working in downtown Chicago is the summer farmers' market. They were (are) held in a couple of different locations and I would often buy flowers. Going home there would be people carrying farmers' market flowers home on the train. I saw gladiolas on sale at the supermarket, and that is one of the flowers I used to enjoy bringing home from the farmers' market. The one at federal plaza had live music on the first Friday of the month, too- so you could bring your lunch, listen to music and leave with something from the farm.

When I went to Russia with the church team there was a street market near our hotel with beautiful and inexpensive flowers, and pretty hand-made crafts.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We have a year-round farmers' market, about a 20 minute car ride from our house. I love it at any time of year.
    There's a great garden store right beside it where I used to work many years ago. At lunch, I would walk over to the market and get some produce.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    They all sound fabulous! We have a countless number of them around here, I just couldn't pick a favorite. Some are a lot pricier than others however. I can't wait 'till pumpkin time rolls around, gonna carve a white and an orange one this year 🎃👻💀

Blog Entries
    Been a month since I had ONE day to myself. That day is tommorrow. I feel like crying, husband was on holidays for two wks. then his uninvited Mum came out to stay for two wks. I am so relieved. I thought the bloody fun would never end 😖😶

Blog Entries
    Mother in law will be back in October and then Dec. she has announced she needs two cataracts lasered and they need to be done here as she lives in Zhiquataneo and it is more affordable and there are better docs here. They must be done one at a time and I totally understand that. There is no way I will let her drive whilst here as she will be visually impaired and I hope she doesn't drink herself blind as she will be half assed blind for a bit I imagine. That 75 yr. old woman could drink a biker and a sailor under the table....🙄 So many stairs here, 3 floors. God help me, I hope she behaves herself. I am just dreading this whole ordeal. My husband will be working and she has never really liked me for the 30 yrs. I have known her. SO sorry to whine, just imagine it will be a dreadful experience. I actually think she might want to stay for months until both eyes are done. 🤧😰😢😪😬 Just had to get that out, thanks buddies...just stressing about it 🙈 👊🏾✌️

What an absolutely wonderful and thoughtful tribute Barack Obama gave to John McCain's funeral. You Americans must miss an intelligent and compassionate president like him, very much.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    What an absolutely wonderful and thoughtful tribute Barack Obama gave to John McCain's funeral. You Americans must miss an intelligent and compassionate president like him, very much.
    I certainly do. And John McCain would have made a president just as great, even though he was a political rival!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I miss having a gentleman in the White House.
    Last edited by phesina; 09-02-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Donald Trump is cringeworthy. He has made his bed and
    he'll lie in it. He will go down in history as one of the biggest DB'S who ever lived. No question about it. No one will feel squat when he dies except his family. Of course J.M. will always be remembered with admiration and deep respect and awe.

Blog Entries
    Please don't vote Donald freaking Trump in again peeps. Jesus, you really actually voted the freak in once.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Mother in law will be back in October and then Dec. she has announced she needs two cataracts lasered and they need to be done here as she lives in Zhiquataneo and it is more affordable and there are better docs here. They must be done one at a time and I totally understand that. There is no way I will let her drive whilst here as she will be visually impaired and I hope she doesn't drink herself blind as she will be half assed blind for a bit I imagine. That 75 yr. old woman could drink a biker and a sailor under the table.... So many stairs here, 3 floors. God help me, I hope she behaves herself. I am just dreading this whole ordeal. My husband will be working and she has never really liked me for the 30 yrs. I have known her. SO sorry to whine, just imagine it will be a dreadful experience. I actually think she might want to stay for months until both eyes are done. 蠟 Just had to get that out, thanks buddies...just stressing about it  ✌️
    I hope things will go well, as well as they can, mon. You and your husband are good to have her stay with you for this.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Please don't vote Donald freaking Trump in again peeps. Jesus, you really actually voted the freak in once.
    I sure didn't vote for him!
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I hope things will go well, as well as they can, mon. You and your husband are good to have her stay with you for this.

Aww, thanks so much. That means a lot, more than you know. I just need to change, family is important and she is older, as we all will be if we don't croak beforehand. It's just that she is so demanding and takes over the whole household, what we eat, when.... blah, blah. I'm adjusting, she's not too freaky unless she gets really drunk. I can't control her drinking as she drinks all day, and says she is going to read. Then she goes downstairs to her room and drinks vodka on top of all the wine. Hey, the woman has had cancer thrice and is almost 80. We don't have booze here, she buys her own.Who the hell am I to tell her what to do🤓 Point is, deep, deep, very deep down she is a good person and I love her. 😬😳 Okay, truth is the chicks unbearable..let's just keep it real 😇 Thanks again so much for the support. 💕

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I sure didn't vote for him!
    Good to hear. I have never heard him utter one kind or intelligent word, just self serving crap. He is everything no one wants to be. He is like a greasy, used car salesman. Slick, quick and sleazy. I could go on for decades about how immoral, self serving and corrupt this individual is. I think he has lowered the bar perversly and corrupted the spirit and integrity, the very heart of what it is to be a man. He is just a puffed up, narcissistic worm. Yesterday my husband said that he thought John McCain had more integrity and class on one toe hair than Trump has ever had in his whole life. He also said that Trump is a very, very, very small little man. He doesn't run people down much. Coming from him, speaks volumes...I could not agree more. I hope no ones son grows up to be anything like him. MHO sorry if that was a bit much 🇨🇦

Good to hear. I have never heard him utter one kind or intelligent word, just self serving crap. He is everything no one wants to be. He is like a greasy, used car salesman. Slick, quick and sleazy. I could go on for decades about how immoral, self serving and corrupt this individual is. I think he has lowered the bar perversly and corrupted the spirit and integrity, the very heart of what it is to be a man. He is just a puffed up, narcissistic worm. Yesterday my husband said that he thought John McCain had more integrity and class on one toe hair than Trump has ever had in his whole life. He also said that Trump is a very, very, very small little man. He doesn't run people down much. Coming from him, speaks volumes...I could not agree more. I hope no ones son grows up to be anything like him. MHO sorry if that was a bit much 
    Excellent, mon!
    Death thought about it.