Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

The often shared story, based on an old Norse Legend:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
    those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    I've Been Frosted

Here is the link to Rainbow bridge
    http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    Here is the link to Rainbow bridge
    http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
    Thank you! Unfortunately my computer is not sophisticated enough to connect to this link ❤️

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The often shared story, based on an old Norse Legend:
    Thank you, that is beautiful. Definately shed a tear at that sentiment. I'm all in and up for that!!!

Name:  rainbow.gif
Views: 237
Size:  79.9 KB
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thank you, that is beautiful. Definately shed a tear at that sentiment. I'm all in and up for that!!!
    Yes, the first time I read it, my heart knew it must be true. And I look forward to seeing so many beloved animals there - and likely many Pet Talk humans, shoo would think of that as heaven itself. Like Paul
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, the first time I read it, my heart knew it must be true. And I look forward to seeing so many beloved animals there - and likely many Pet Talk humans, shoo would think of that as heaven itself. Like Paul
    You're the best Karen. Keeper of the faith, what would we do without you, don't wanna know.

8. I hated it as well. especially since some of the teachers here were questionable. my 4th grade teacher said "Texas is the biggest state." while this is true if youre looking at a map it is indeed the biggest drawn state but its over all not the biggest state. an my science teacher pointed to a tree the class was standing under an asked "what kind of tree is that?" it was very clear to me that it was a Nordmann Fir but she said "it is a cedar tree" ... *smh*

just seen the rainbow bridge image. its really pretty
    Last edited by Vette; 02-19-2019 at 01:42 AM.

“God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven. If it takes my dog being there, I know he’ll be there.” — Billy Graham

This gives me so much comfort. When I cross the bridge I hope to be reunited with several loved and much missed family pets (not only Cassie, my RB girl but others too). Also Pet Talk people, dogs, cats and pets!

On a completely different note- Chicagoland has a forecast for more snow tomorrow, possible freezing rain in the afternoon. I know December was mild, but I’m ready for nicer weather. We did a huge snowstorm, we did a few days of very cold temperatures. Hurry up, spring!

I'm ready for spring, and I used to love snow and cold weather.

I haven't been outside since January 20th.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I love to get into the car and turn on the heater until it gets HOT inside the car.

A few weeks ago it was sooooo cold outdoors the car never heated up.

Blog Entries
    Puhleeeeeese 😫😪😥😢snap out of it peeeps!! We'll be whining about the heat soon enough.

Blog Entries
    It's been snowing off and on here for weeks. The sweeping, the shovelling, driving, the trying to keep the hummingbird feeder fresh and unthawed. The freezing our asses off. Really a boring subject and a given if you live wherever ....it is bound to occur. That is all anyone talks about around here. Not Pet Talk peeps, but everyone I know. I'm going to hibernate. F*ck the weather 👻💀☠️

Blog Entries
    Here's a random thought. My favorite cousin has prostate cancer, his name is Trent. They are going to remove his prostate, the entire shebang, this bloody Tues. He is only 50, a very handsome, loving , kind person. I have a huge, loving family. Trent is everyone's favorite. He is a Pitt bull lover and has one now named Harley. He has had many Pitt bulls, and now Harley, she's SO lovely. He has a beautiful, loving wife. She has a deadly black cat, Luna. They spoon. We are all pretty much scared shitless. We all bought SO much food to put in their freezer. M&M stuff, homemade blah blah blah. Our family feeds peeps, it's what we do. So, weird eh? Anyway, they have a big freezer. I know they don't need this, wasn't our idea, but can't hurt. The question is, how do YOU deal with fear? Hey, nothing anyone could say could possibly freak me out anymore than I already am.