Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Blog Entries
    Pitch, black dark of night. I armed myself with 2 more onions and a pairing knife. I couldn't find them. I gave it a shot, will look again tommorrow. I don't really care, does that make me a shitty person. I just don't feel like explaining this if someone notices. But.. she . that's kinda weird eh? Never mind

Weird about the blue light! Too bad about the rings.. hope you find them.

There were predictions for the super wolf blood moon to show about midnight here last night. I would have liked to see it, but the time was too late and it was too cold outside for me.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Ya, I know right, weird blue light. Guess I could buy a metal detector. I could probably sell it on Craig's list afterwards. There might be some photos of last nights moon on the internet if your interested. It was so clear and turned so many different colours.

Hope you find the rings - is there snow on the ground where you are?
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Okay so I searched for the ring in broad daylight. If my arm is as good as I think it is and they flew into the forest, there is so much underbrush it will remain there for eternity perhaps. I think it was so cold out last night whilst I was watching the blood moon, my fingers shrunk from the cold. What I did discover however is, it is impossible to search for something and let it go at the same time. I figure one ring was gold, the other copper, went back to the earth from whence it came. I shall now get on with it and get used to it. I think it's been over 30 yrs. I've worn them, habit really. Might take a minute. I'll quit carrying on, thanks and forgive me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hope you find the rings - is there snow on the ground where you are?
    Hi, no snow. It's very sunny and beautiful❤️

Blog Entries
    I just saw a baby squirrel in the huge tree. There's been a nest there for a long time so I assumed it was an abandoned birds nest. Maybe it is. Maybe the sguirrels are squatters. Maybe squirrels build nests....All I know is, that I have been feeding three black squirrels for a couple years now. Peanuts in the shell. Seems to make them very happy if the crows don't swoop down and get them first. I just assumed most animals would have their babes in the spring, more gentle climate. Sorta the dead of winter now,maybe the squirrels didn't read the "when to have offspring"manual. Anyway, the babe is brown. I wonder if they are all born brown for camouflage and then turn black as they mature. That would make sense as how could black squirrels produce a brown baby. 😂🤣 Okay, I know what your thinking, maybe she had an affair in the tree a few yards away. You just never know what them squirrels could get up too. Maybe I should just mind my own business 😁 I imagine I could google for info but you never know, maybe one of you out there knows far more about squirrel protocol and behaviour than I.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I just saw a baby squirrel in the huge tree. There's been a nest there for a long time so I assumed it was an abandoned birds nest. Maybe it is. Maybe the sguirrels are squatters. Maybe squirrels build nests....All I know is, that I have been feeding three black squirrels for a couple years now. Peanuts in the shell. Seems to make them very happy if the crows don't swoop down and get them first. I just assumed most animals would have their babes in the spring, more gentle climate. Sorta the dead of winter now,maybe the squirrels didn't read the "when to have offspring"manual. Anyway, the babe is brown. I wonder if they are all born brown for camouflage and then turn black as they mature. That would make sense as how could black squirrels produce a brown baby. 藍 Okay, I know what your thinking, maybe she had an affair in the tree a few yards away. You just never know what them squirrels could get up too. Maybe I should just mind my own business  I imagine I could google for info but you never know, maybe one of you out there knows far more about squirrel protocol and behaviour than I.
    The smaller squirrels usually are either black or red - so maybe baby is red squirrel that has not gotten its brighter coloring yet? And there must be abundant-enough food, that is what usually drives pregnancy in squirrels!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Oh, thanks Karen! Ya that is interesting. Unfortunately, I believe the poor babe doesn't have a hope in hell. There's about 9 crows scoping out the nest, poor thing will be an Hourderve soon. Hate to be pessimistic but... there's a reason they call them a murder of crows. They're not very sentimental when it comes to lunch. There are hundreds of crows around here, I'm not eggagerating. Very clever birds, these ones are mostly carnivores from what I've observed. They enjoy peanuts too 😜

Oh, I hope the little squirrel survives!

Clearly some survive, to next (with luck) make future generations!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    I saw the baby squirrel today! Hurrray! 💕

I saw the baby squirrel today! Hurrray! 
    Excellent - glad to hear it!
    I've Been Frosted

I saw the baby squirrel today! Hurrray! 
    Great news! Well done, little critter, and may you keep on doing well!

Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    I am getting really dry skin. I always do in the winter. I have been using olive oil, I am thinking it's the healthiest. Not into perfumed skin cream so much, anyone have any suggestions?? Problem is, my hands need to be washed so many times a day and olive oil doesn't dry so... it takes a while to sink in. Between cooking, cleaning, cat petting, litter maintenance, general rules of hygiene OMG! How could ones skin not dry out. I hate rubber gloves, eewww! I know.. hire a maid right. 👻

15. If you have a Dollar Store near you pick up a bottle of Dermasil lotion if the oliv oil isnt quite enough. im not fond of the scent(has faint plasticy smell if that makes sense) but once its rubbed in the smell is totally gone anyway an it works for me in taming my dry skin.
    Last edited by Vette; 01-30-2019 at 05:44 PM.