Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

I'm not sure how many PTers live down in the Gulf Coast area, but I'm thinking and praying for everyone who might be affected by the hurricane this weekend. Please be safe! (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers and good wishes from us, too...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's amazing that CNN (the only US channel I can view here) find it SO important to interrupt the news with commercials every 5-10 minutes, especially when life threatening hurricanes/storms affect people so bad. I would have thought it's more important to inform people what goes on in the real world! I can't remember if they did the same when 9/11 happened.

In any case, commercial breaks should not be allowed more than twice per hour! I'm glad we have have some channels totally free of commercials. The only way you benefit from them, is that you have time to go make a cup of tea, or go to the bathroom.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries
    The news is so scary, this is going to end very badly.

Still sending thoughts and prayers to the people down in Texas and other states who are dealing with the storm. I heard on the news this morning that you can send a text with a special code to the Red Cross of Chicagoland to make a $10 donation. I've never done that before and I don't know exactly how it works. The reporter said they were also accepting donations by mail and on line.

I did get an e-mail from a friend who works with a local shelter. They are getting ready to accept animals from another shelter who is getting ready to accept animals from Texas. So the local shelter is looking for donations of food, cat litter, blankets, carriers, plus foster homes and adopters.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm not sure how many PTers live down in the Gulf Coast area, but I'm thinking and praying for everyone who might be affected by the hurricane this weekend. Please be safe! (((HUGS)))
    Still praying for Texas and Louisiana. Also praying for Florida and for the people affected by the fires out west. There was a story on the local news about a group that went to Texas with supplies and brought dogs and cats from a shelter there back to PAWS Chicago, so the Texas shelter would have space for more animals who need care. (The animals they brought had already been in shelters, not displaced by the storms.) There were 4 separate vans bringing them back and they all arrived safely. They have to be medically cleared and microchipped, and they should be ready for adoption soon.

My heart sinks every time I see those images of the devastation in Texas and Louisiana.
    Unfortunately it looks like Hurricane Irma will move up the East Coast, and we in North Carolina are in its path.
    Hopefully it will weaken after making landfall.

We are sending hopes and prayers that you and family stay safe, Heidi.. and hopes and prayers for all in the path of Irma.

from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Thank you, Pat!
    Our local Walmart is already completely out of bottled water, and gasoline prices have gone up again.

Do you have some water on hand? Is the car gassed up?

Are you all likely to have to head for shelter elsewhere?

Again, we are sending along all our VERY BEST energies...

Death thought about it.

Since I'm off today, I did get supplies and gasoline. The most important items were cat food and their medicines. We, the humans, have enough food and water, too.
    I hope we don't have to seek shelter somewhere else, which would be especially difficult with the cats. We don't have a generator, but a couple of days without power would be manageable.
    We could go to my boyfriend's brother's house (a 15 minute drive) or to his dad (a 30-minute drive). Of course, their proximity means that most likely they would be affected as well.
    Hopefully, it won't come to this.
    Just watching our local news: Monday through Wednesday will be the critical days with strong winds and heavy rainfall.
    Last edited by cats4ever; 09-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.

We're keeping all our hopes, prayers, good wishes, healing warm energies, etc., high for you all!...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    Death thought about it.

Now that Irma has made landfall in Florida, we are getting already some windgusts.
    This morning, the sky was ominous looking: To the north, clear blue sky, to the south, a wall of clouds approaching.
    I cleared the deck and the front porch of most of the plants, and secured the rest.
    Let's hope for the best.

The Chicago Blackhawks signed Bryan Bickell to a one-day contract yesterday so he could retire as a member of the team. I thought that was a totally classy thing to do. Chicago has claimed him as one of ours even though he is from Canada. He and his wife also have a foundation that works with rescued pit bulls, too.

Oh, is that ever nice!

Congratulations, Bryan Bickell, on your retirement, and congratulations, Chicago, on what a wonderful thing to do!

Death thought about it.