Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

You know hot dogs are BAD when:

The dog refuses to touch them.

Even WITHOUT the pills.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Wow, that's bad! Peanut butter do the trick?
    I've Been Frosted

Nope. Had to pill the puppy the hard way. PB and Cheese both fail.

I thought it was sad, though, that she wouldn't touch the hotdogs without the pills. AFTER she had the pills!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Awww, poor Lady. Give her a snuggle from me, okay?

Random thought - how annoying is it that both Home Depot and Lowe's carry the exact same product, with only one choice of manufacturer in a whole category? Neither had the pneumatic door closer with the right measurements, never min the kind of closer I wanted. Gonna hafta call other stores tomorrow. What's the point of a store that huge carrying such little choice? Sheesh!
    I've Been Frosted

I am in Wales.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I thought it was sad, though, that she wouldn't touch the hotdogs without the pills. AFTER she had the pills!
    Try this...When you stand over the dog and do the "Good Googie" schtick they KNOW something evil is afoot.

I had some practice with this method.

Chunk up the dog, the one from the fridge, not Lady!, hide the pill in one of the chunks and sit down.

The scent should entice her to check out what cooks. Hold your hand out with the spiked chunk mixed in with others.

OR?

Hold off on feeding her and MAKE her hungry. I know she's a 'Lady' and may not wolf down her food?

Good Luck!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Some supposedly intelligent people make the most ridiculous statements.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

i have no experience with giving pills to any dog other than Koko. I did not know that giving pills was a problem. I usually have a hand full of pills that I have to give her every morning. I usually just walk up pry her mouth open and dump about 5 pills on the back of the tongue and then I close her mouth. Every once in a while I have to give a pill or two an assist because they stick on her tongue. While holding her mouth open, I push the pill on down her throat, with my finger, then close her mouth. I usually hold her mouth shut for a few seconds to make sure she swallows. If I give her Rimadyl or aspirin I usually have a palm full of food that I ask her to eat. Sometime I have to plead with her before she finally eats the food.

Yeast farts. Making bread rise since the dawn of civilization.

But, there is nothing better than the smell of yeast pharts in a warm cozy kitchen.

Random happy thought: I was in Whole Foods the other night and made a happy discovery - blueberry preserves that do NOT have citric acid in them! Nearly every jelly or jam seems to have citric acid added in, I know it's a preservative and all, but this one, imported from France and on sale even, doesn't!

I had blueberry jam on toasted bread - that was also Karen-safe - another happy discovery, and it was quite yummy!

Bonne Mamman Wild Blueberry Preserves - yum!
    I've Been Frosted

I have been finishing my basement for some time. I have finished a Home Theater, bathroom and office. I have a kitchen and bedroom to go. The room that will be the bedroom has been catching everything that we don't know what to do with. It was so fully of stuff you couldn't even get into the room. I decided it was time to clean out the room so I could make it usable some time this spring. I really did open a can of worms. I have made two trips to Goodwill and have burned old work reference manuals all day. I have found things that I had been missing for some time. I can still only barely get into the room. I have an old couch and chair that I finally convince my wife that we need to haul it to the dump. I hauled out 4 old computers , 2 monitors and a misc box of stuff like keyboards ,mouse, Plus 3 old TV's. I have an old desk that needs to come out but it weighs 2 tons so it will be tricky. I have my Wagon loaded with another load for goodwill that will start my day tomorrow. Are we having fun yet
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Bonnie Maman jellies and preserves rock!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    I am in Wales.
    And how are you liking it? Tell us all!

I know this will bring a chuckle to some of you up in the northeast that are axxxole deep in snow but our local prognosticator is saying we may get 2" of snow tomorrow. South of here they may get 5" or more. When they say the "S" word around here everyone rushes to the grocery and cleans out the bread and milk. I have never really understood the bread and milk thing but I can remember when I was a kid, working in a grocery, if the "S" word was mentioned the store owner would double his order for both. They were always cleaned out.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown