Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What doesn't kill you makes you...? UPDATE!! Post #41

Oh man that's so scary!! I'm glad you and the pups are okay! Good job at keeping your cool and helping everyone out.

I am SO glad you and your furkids are safe! *HUGS* to you...I'm praying you get past this quickly.

Thank you all for your support.

Today I'm feeling completely worthless but I'm hoping that goes away. I need to find myself a home and soon, hopefully.

Don't get me wrong. I love my parents. I LOVE my parents. I love their home. But it's THEIR home, not mine. I grew up here, it was my home, but I never wanted to have to move back in with my parents and sleep on their couch. I just don't want to be a burden to them. I want out. I became accustomed to having a place to myself and I LOVED it. My things are all scattered amongst their home and the storage unit. I just want everything back together in life. I feel lost.

I have an 'appointment' tomorrow to check out a duplex that my brother's landlord has up for rent. He's willing to take the security deposit in payments and work with me. So, hopefully it's in a nice area and not a dump because I don't have any other ideas as to where to go and cannot afford much.

The part that has me most upset is the fact that I was struggling already and I had plans to get my crap together, figure out finances, getting my apartment cleaned up and more organized, etc. I had just begun this process a few days prior to the fire and was so proud of myself for doing so.

Some moments I look at this situation in a good way, a new journey... but today is just a downer. I haven't eaten today just because my nerves are a wreck and I have a terrible cold. Sorry, I'm just rambling now. Thank you all again for listening.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

That is very scary, good thing you kept your head and did not panic.
    I am so glad you and the fur kids are safe. Good luck with the Duplex
    tomorrow and take care of yourself. That is a nasty cold that is going around.

----<---<--<{(@

You've been through a huge shock, no wonder you are so upset...your things are scattered all over, and so are you. {{{hugs}}}

Perhaps there might be some restitution for the renters who lost their home in the fire? Take care of yourself first, and then see what is happening in that regard.

Try a bit of soup or something, hon - slumping blood sugars can drag down a real downer.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kay, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling lousy. I hope that your cold goes away quickly and that the duplex is nice and in a nice area. Good luck and take care.

Kay, you have been through a lot the past cpl days! It will get better. Promise! Wish I had a place to offer you..But I don't. Lol I can help you look for places again..and take you to see them.. if you want me to. Just let me know. K?

It's always darkest before the light...right? I'm sure things are going to start looking bettter for you.
    Good Luck on finding a place.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I hope you find a place soon. Hang in there.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Not having eaten, battling a nasty cold, just losing your home, gee, I wonder why you're down. Don't be so hard on yourself, especially w/feelings of worthlessness. All of this was outside your realm of control. I do understand how badly you want to be back in your own place and not live at your parents' but for now, allow yourself the luxury of being warm and safe and out of harm's way. The new rental that you'll see will be just the place for you to make your new start. The old has passed away in every sense of the word. New year, new home, new life. Tough? OH yeah. But you're young and strong and up to the challenge. We're praying for you unceasingly. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Guess who's holding a key to their new place? Oh... ME!

I just left it, I can start moving in whenever. It's 2 bedroom, potential for 3. It's a duplex. Hard to explain so you'll have to wait until I get pictures of it.

The landlord is the same guy my brother rents from and he's a really nice, workable guy. His father does the pest control and maintenance. The landlord actually buys appliances from my dad a lot.

Yay for not being homeless in the new year!!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

HAPPY New House!

Well, HAPPY New House!
    Nice way to start the New Year - with a New House!!

Are the FurKids all welcome? Sure Hope so!

Great news! Wonderful new start to a wonderful new year! You're like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, literally!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Woo Hoo!! This is great!! You will have a Happy New Year after all!
    I'm so happy for you!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yay, and congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted