Thread: Zeke update

Zeke update

My boy is doing great :] I just thought I'd post how he's been doing. He really seems to love it hear, especially seeing he gets another dog to play with whenever he wants. My dad even seems to be really attached to him. Before we got Jo, he'd kinda go on like he didn't like dogs, now I catch him doing that puppy talk to them! HEHE I think it's cute actually ;D My dad got up for a drink today, and when he came back, zeke had taken over his chair. (me and jo and stolen the cough)
    He has to get neutered at the end of next month though! :[ My poor little boy..
    He seems to be good to train too. I tought him sit (he basically already knew it) paw, other paw, and down in no time at all..like, the paw thing, I tried for like 10 mins one day, and he just didn't get it, and the next day at breakfast, he was looking at me, and put his paw on my leg, and i told him "good boy!!!" then asked him to give me a paw, and put my leg out and he did it, so I gave him a treat, and he's done it since then. He's pretty good at stay, and come, not perfect, but getting there.
    Aren't dogs just the greatest thing? URRR! I love em so much, I wish I could take them all home lol..god, I'd hate to see my house when I'm older if I'm really sucessful..-gasp- or worst, if i'm not..lol..
    Anywho, I'm done, for the people who've had their dogs for a long time, do you remember when you 1st brough your new furkid home??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I'm glad to hear that Zeke is doing well at his new home. And I love the picture on your signature. Is that new?
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I am so glad that Zeke is settling in so well, he certainly looks comfortable and happy in your signature pic!
    My Bob is 4 now but I remember when I first brought him home very well. I first saw him at one week old and he came home with me when he was six weeks old. He was so SMALL. This is his first picture.

He was very good too. I had bought a crate for him, first time I had used one, and it was, of course, far too big for him so I had a carboard box in there with blankets, and for the first night, a hot water bottle and clock wrapped up in there. He whimpered a few times and then settled down. It was me who didn`t get much sleep, I spent most of the night listening out for him. I think that really I was wishing he wouldn`t settle so I could bring him upstairs with me! But no, he settled in quite happily and loves that crate to this day, its his den! lol

Aww! That picture is sooo cute!

Funny thing about Dads and dogs!! My father was of the "old school "and belived that dogs belonged outside. He was a depression era farm boy and dogs had to fend for themselves. Needless to say both of the dogs we had as kids were inside and hopelessly attatched to dad. He would fuss and fume about hair and teeth marks,but when he thought no one was looking.......he would love on the dog and whisper to her while scratching her ears. I knew then that dad,despite what he'd like to belive,was a real softie!!
    "are'nt dogs great?"...yes they most certainly are dear

aww..thanks for the update! i love zeke, he's such a nice dog. has he grown or is it just me? when i had primo for that one day, he seemed ot have taken a liking to my dad as well, and my dad isn't a dog lover...at all.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Thanks Yeah, he's getting bigger, a little anywho :]

Yes...I remember bringing Rosie home.. hehe.. and when Anna and Rosie met for the first time.. that was a cute moment.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Glad to hear that Zeke is doing great! How old is he now, and how much does he weigh? Sounds like he's a pretty smart guy too! And of course he is sooooo cute!!

My dad is the same way lol. He was completely against me getting a dog...completely against the dog going in the house...both of my parents said they wanted nothing to do with the dog at all. I believe he is very attached to him now, and he always calls him his grandchild lol. Of course, I have this feeling if he was paying for the dog food, vet bills, training, and cleaning up poop....he would not feel the same.

I don't remember when we brought home Smokey, as I was 2 years old lol. I remember when we got Reggie. Because the kids didn't know we were getting him (although we had talked about it some)...my dad took just me with him to pick him up. I remember he had just had a bath, and he rode with his paws up on my shoulder the whole way home. I remember we put a blue collar on him, and I wanted to name him Lucky. lol.

And of course I remember when I got Nebo, as it was this July hehe. He yowled and cried the entire way home, and didn't want anything to do with any of us. When he saw Reggie he was so scared he peed all over, and hid the rest of the day. The tables have turned now....Nebo is almost twice Reggie's size lol. Awww....but he *was* sooooooooo tiny. Looking at those pics makes me sad.

p.s. LOVE your new signature pic!!! That is so adorable!
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 10-14-2002 at 12:12 AM.

Yes I remember very vividly bringing Malone home. It was around 95 degrees and the pups were in an outside pen. I was afraid that a drastic temperature change to air conditioning in the car would be bad, so we were sweltering on the way home. He HATED the car, and he HATED me. He kept lunging at Mark who was driving, and whining at the top of his lungs. I seriously was thinking that we had made a big mistake. We stopped half way home at a 7-11 to get him water & he drank & drank. We did gradually put the air on, so by the end so it wasn't so bad.

After we got home & let him sleep for a couple of hours we went to Kmart. I put him in the back of the cart on a blanket (that we keep in my trunk). He was so little he couldn't even reach the top of the cart! But by the end, he was learning to climb up the side of the cart and kept almost jumping out. I was glad to get back in the car & go home with bundles of treats & toys.

Zeke looks absolutely lovable!

Originally posted by WolfQ
    Glad to hear that Zeke is doing great! How old is he now, and how much does he weigh? Sounds like he's a pretty smart guy too! And of course he is sooooo cute!!
    Thanks :] He's 5 months, and weighs around 40 lbs. How much does The Nebster weigh now?? He looks so big compaired to those older pics!

So glad to hear that Zeke is adjusting and fitting into his new home. He is such an adorable pup and sounds like a smart fella too! Could we have more pictures, please?

They seem to get along together so great, like best frineds!
    Have I told you how much I like your signature pic? It's adorable!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets