Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another Mike Vick thread

another Mike Vick thread

Im a little curious to see what you would ask him if you ever had a chance to face to face with him? with ALL anger and discust put aside, is there something you might want to know or any ideas on educating? theres got to be something we can learn from him to help delete animal abuse in this country.
    I love my bully!

Quote Originally Posted by redog View Post
    Im a little curious to see what you would ask him if you ever had a chance to face to face with him? with ALL anger and discust put aside, is there something you might want to know or any ideas on educating? theres got to be something we can learn from him to help delete animal abuse in this country.
    I'd like to know how he fell into the life style... why did he feel it was ok to electrocute and drown a dog... why not place the dogs who didn't want to fight into proper pet homes, or let them go out quickly? Why did he not take time to research what traits come with certain bloodlines... why did he not take the time and effort to make athletes of his dogs? Even the common pet owner with the proper schooling on the history of the dang breed will find that they don't put on those kinds of contests without a CRAP load of work into each dog. Dogs were not taken lightly, they were huge investments with both money and time. I guess everything is freaking disposable to a super star.

I do not condone dog fighting in the slightest, but I'm not blind about what goes on across the world. Never can there be a true "right way" but there is DEFINITELY IMO a WRONG way.

I'd need a gang to prevent me from tearing him limb from limb.

No, me meeting him is NOT a good idea.

A curious qestion this is..I'd honestly need a few minutes to think about this. What's done is done, I suppose. I'd really just want him to tell me something that'd really show me that he was sorry for his actions and that he regretted them. It would take alot. I wouldn't really have anything to ask him other then "Are you really truely sorry for your actions?".

I've seen him on interveiws and they did ask him these questions, he kept a too strong a composure for me. I'd want him to show me or say something straight from the heart to show me he regretted everything he did to those poor animals.

You and me both, Freedom!!!

I wouldn't give that piece of garbage the time of day or a glass of ice water in hell.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

My feelings exactly!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

yeah I know im still sick about what he did but this still goes on by folks who do what their fathers and grandfathers did. At least thats what Im confronted with when I visit different local communities. for those people its daily life. I might be more acustomed to the horror stories than most. so I usually dont care enough about an indvidual enough to even have an opinion on that person anymore. use your imaginations here.
    IBC-
    your so slick arent you? thsts what Im talking about!
    and Alysser-
    maybe he would be able to answer that better without a camera and mic in his face. Im not really sure if hes really human at all, but theres got to be something we can learn from him
    I love my bully!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't feel that there is anything that could be learned from speaking to this Monster, and I would never want to be close enough to him to even ask. He would probably be shocked at some of the language that this little old lady would use on him anyway!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 12-25-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

No. I would not be interested in hearing about his past or his upbringing or any such stories that he might try to con people with so that he could evoke sympathy. Yes, we are a "product of our raising" as a country song states but there comes a point in life where we have to take responsibility for our own conduct and stop placing blame. Vick KNOWS that what he did to those dogs was not only wrong but reprehensible and any attempt to make us believe otherwise is an insult to our intelligence. He has nothing of value to offer any one as far as I'm concerned and his name, face and reputation should be erased from our collective memory and all trace of him eradicated forever.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary,

You, my dear, have said it so well!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    No. I would not be interested in hearing about his past or his upbringing or any such stories that he might try to con people with so that he could evoke sympathy. Yes, we are a "product of our raising" as a country song states but there comes a point in life where we have to take responsibility for our own conduct and stop placing blame. Vick KNOWS that what he did to those dogs was not only wrong but reprehensible and any attempt to make us believe otherwise is an insult to our intelligence. He has nothing of value to offer any one as far as I'm concerned and his name, face and reputation should be erased from our collective memory and all trace of him eradicated forever.
    Well that does NOTHING then. and animal abuse goes on and on.
    I love my bully!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Well what would you do, since you brought up the subject to start with???

It seems the majority here, wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. IMO - Vick couldn't explain away his actions, if he lived to be 150. Unfortunately, he is just one lousy drop in a sea of sickos. He just happened to be rich and famous when he got caught, otherwise his actions would have gone unnoticed, and he would still be doing the same horrible things that he did before.

So would you like to go one on one with him, to see what makes him tick??? What would you ask him???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Not by Michael Vick it wouldn't! Why should we have to indulge these people and listen to their lame excuses about their conduct? There was no remorse in his explanation, just a big fat grin on his face. We know what abuse does and IF he experienced any in his own life, then there are places that he can go to get help rather than to turn his rage on helpless, defenseless animals. I'm a forgiving person by nature but Vick needs forgiveness from the victims. And they can't give it b/c they're DEAD.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Well what would you do, since you brought up the subject to start with??

So would you like to go one on one with him, to see what makes him tick??? What would you ask him???
    I have gone one on one with many dogfighters. not by choice but by my desire to eraticate abusers. I have seen the mess and cleaned it up. what have you done besides what your doing here?
    I love my bully!

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Not by Michael Vick it wouldn't! Why should we have to indulge these people and listen to their lame excuses about their conduct? There was no remorse in his explanation, just a big fat grin on his face. We know what abuse does and IF he experienced any in his own life, then there are places that he can go to get help rather than to turn his rage on helpless, defenseless animals. I'm a forgiving person by nature but Vick needs forgiveness from the victims. And they can't give it b/c they're DEAD.
    It is extremely difficult for anyone besides dogmen to justify dogfighting. Law enforcement officials that penetrate the clandestine subculture are routinely sickened by the macabre blood sport. American culture has criminalized dogfighting and stigmatizes those deviant enough to engage in it. Our collective American consciousness is repulsed by dog-fighting with much the same disdain that we feel for child molesters. One study, published in Society and Animals, attempted offer a rare glimpse into the psyche of the prototypical dogman and to rationalize the behavior that to the rest of us is incontrovertibly perverse. According to the study, there are five major techniques that dogmen employ to justify dogfighting: (1) denial of the victim; (2) denial of responsibility; (3) denial of injury; (4) appeal to higher loyalties; and (5) condemnation of the condemners. (1) Denial of the Victim: Most dogmen adamantly deny that the dogs are victimized by the culture of dogfighting. The dogs are glorified as fighting machines with insatiable blood-lust.
    I love my bully!