Thread: A big Snowshoe Siamese guy needs a place

A big Snowshoe Siamese guy needs a place

This big friendly fellow didn't make it into Siamese Rescue.
    He's been hit by a car and had a leg fracture that the Good Sam fixed at their expense. He is totally recovered and uses his leg!
    He's good with other cats, children and even infants. (and most likely dogs as well) He's non-dominant. 5-6 yrs old.

Why didn't he make it into SCR, you ask?
    Well, he 'mouthed' me during the evaluation I did for SCR. He didn't like being picked up. It could have been his nervousness about his leg. Don't really know.
    He just latched onto my arm with his mouth and paws. I had to report it on the evaluation. (we have so few foster slots in FL, we can't afford any 'long term' fosters at this point)

I think he's really good looking, friendly and outgoing without being pushy.
    I'd have him for a cat!

Please spread the word as this guy is most likely going to a shelter soon.

isn't this "mouthing" a snowshoe thing? My Toby does that too. He's not a cuddler by any means but is semi-tolerant of handling.... to a point. He'll mouth me when he's had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    isn't this "mouthing" a snowshoe thing? My Toby does that too. He's not a cuddler by any means but is semi-tolerant of handling.... to a point. He'll mouth me when he's had enough.
    Hi,

That may be true. But there were several factors working against this fellow.
    The main one is that he is in FL. If he were in VA, he would have gotten into the program.

Add to that, his age, being a snowshoe (and not a seal point),his lame leg, and the fact that he might use his teeth.

There are a lot of foster spaces in the VA area, and only about 6 homes in FL, and we are very far apart. I have to agree with the decision made, but that doesn't mean I can't try to help this guy. He really is wonderfully friendly, a door greeter. A 'hey, look at me!' type guy. Loves being petted.

If anyone knows of anyone who has room, please PM me.

I also know of a pair of non-Meezers (9 yrs, 12 yrs) and possibly one big Ginger boy, who is stuck in a room because the resident Tux is freaking out.

He's goregous. I sure hope that he'll find his new loving forever home soon. My Sky always gives me little love bites and then he'll start licking my hand as if to say I'm sorry let me kiss it and make it all better.

He's a beauty, wish I was closer.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21