Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In honor of Christmas...

In honor of Christmas...

If you're going to say "here we go again", then don't, please.

I have friends, a young couple that I've known for a long time. I met them while we all worked at the Hartford Courant. They have 3 great kids and are struggling because of the economy. We talk on the phone several times a week just to keep up. Her husband, an acupuncturist, can't practice because of the cost of the fees. He was able to find a job at Staples.

Well, the newspaper that Viv was an editor for, laid her off. She's been walking the pavement while the kids are in school (they're young) looking for a job in the hopes they'll have money for gifts for the kids. The whole situation is really starting to depress her. Not for her, but for her children. They don't qualify for state assistance or food stamps.

I also have to tell you that when I was in a bind (absolutely no food), Viv and Branden sent me 2 gift cards to Stop & Shop.

I came home the other day to an envelope in my mailbox from my brother. Usually I get a gift card to Land's End. I mean, how many freaking pairs of socks does one really need.

I opened the envelope and there was a check for alot of $$$ To say I was speechless is an understatement. I immediately paid MY bills, got a new bed that I needed badly (sleeping on a mattress on the floor ring a bell for anyone???)

The thought of those kids having nothing under the tree really chapped my butt. So, in honor of the holiday and another "Pay It Forward", I sent them $125 (a money order) so they could get the kids gift, or even food if they needed it.

She called me yesterday sobbing on the phone telling me I have no idea how much this means to her and Branden and that now they can give their kids a nice Christmas.

I was more than happy to do it. They're great people and have really had a streak of bad luck. Raising 3 kids as well can't be easy either.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are an angel!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Send me your address and I will send you scented cream for your chapped butt! You are wonderful!!

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

ROFLMAO, Cathy!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I strongly believe in the "Pay it forward" theory. I'm glad you were able to help someone who needed it!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

That's great! Here's another nice story of the power of many. http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/12/22...ven/index.html
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Good for you Donna, I know your not rolling in the dough so that makes what you did extra special.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Yes Donna that I know came from your Heart.. That is all that matters.. Good for you & God Bless You..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Congratulations. That was a wonderful thing to do.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, what a nice, good thing to do, Donna. Blessings to you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Nothing to chide you about - you took care of your needs first, and shared what you could! You are CHRISTMAS, girlfriend!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My heart is full this morning for a similar reason.

I have a house that I rent to a single mother and her daughter. She's been going to college as well as working. She works as a home care provider for elderly and disabled and does hair in her spare time. She's often struggling to make ends meet.

This month she is having an especially hard time. Due to some health issues, she missed 10 days of work. Not a good thing when money is already tight. I told her not to worry about making the rent on time, catch up when she could.

Last night I got a small plant and a card thanking me. The note she added was better than any gift I could have received. I consider her December rent "Paid in Full'.

It's called "Pay It Forward" and it feels great!!! It's not that you expect anything in return, it's the feeling. Nothing like it!!

Being nice to kind people is always good. Yes sometimes people disapoint and are vile but that is there soul, not yours.
    You are a great person, never forget that.

donna.... ((((hugs)))). happy christmas
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.