Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog do you have?

We have an almost one year old Pekingese and an approximately 13 to 15 year old "Mutt" that is a Bichon Frise and Cocker mix.

I have a 3 year old Rottweiler (Carl) and a 3 year old GSD (Iris)

I have a 7 month old American Eskimo. I never see anyone write about them and I have never heard about them untill I saw him. I HAD to have him. We got him when he was a 6 weeks or 8 weeks old. He is my little man!!!

We have 2 black labs - actually one is blk lab & golden retreiver mix. She is the sweetest, most loving of the two. She readily accepts other animals & people & is extremely intelligent - - while the other Lab is less trusting, more bullying to others and sort of dopey(altho to us and our other pets she is very loving)!

I have 2 rescued GSDs: Killian and Shiloh.
    Su

I am the proud owner of four beautiful Border Collies...Elmo, a 6 1/2 year old sable and white male; Ditto, a 5 1/2 year old black and white female; Zen, a 3 1/2 year old red and white male; and Echo, a 9 month old tricolor femaleYou can see photos of my K9 kids on our 'little home on the web' ...http://www.homepagez.com/tailsawaggin

I have a 5 year old Rottweiler my bubbas Max , a 5 year old Pointer/Pit mix who is Frank , & a 4 year old Shar Pei who is Dixie

We have a black lab airedale mix named Monty. He will be four this Dec. and still acts VERY much like a puppy.

I have 2 dogs, an Australian Shepherd mix named Graham whom I have had the pleasure of having in my life for 6 years now, and a pug dog that I adopted 3 weeks ago named Cassie. I would like to say that both dogs were adopted. Graham, the aussie mix, was from a small no-kill shelter located in the upper peninsula of MI, while Cassie was given to me from a coworker of mine who had her for 7 years and never had time to spend with her. She was real unhappy until she came to live with me. I would like to tell you about my sweet aussie mix,Graham, he was so severely abused as a pup before I met and adopted him. He must have been housetrained by the devil because not only would he NOT go potty in the house, but he would not go potty AT ALL! With all the attempts I tried to get him to potty it was 2 days of owning him that he finally "exploded" (outside thankfully because 2 days of not going to the bathroom make for a rather big mess) then ran away from me crying. It brings tears to my eyes picturing how someone could have harmed this exceptional dog in any way. He has NEVER done anything wrong in 6 years, he has excelled in obedience and agility, in fact, he got best in class (1st place ribbon)in every obedience class. He's flawless. He's perfect. Someone beat my poor boy. He still has signs of being abused, like I can't take the newspaper out of the plastic bag without him fearfully walking out of the room, and any quick movement of anyones' hands around him make him go into that "submissive dog cower". Since obedience his self-esteem and confidence has gone up a considerable amount, but I will always know that someone beat him. I wish the people who did this to my friend would get an idea of how it feels. As for Cassie, the new little pug, she's a little doll face! I am still learning her little ways, but she, also, is flawless. Her past owners loved her and wanted to keep her but they were away way too long during the day and Cassie was sad and lonely. Her cute little curly tail would lay flat due to depression. She's had the best 3 weeks of her whole life with me and with my other family members.

I could go on forever when I get started on the subject of dogs, but I would have to say, the best dog, in my eyes, is a dog who's life was less then what they deserved before they met you. There are certain breeds of dogs that I have a weak spot for, but I am delighted by knowing I saved a life. As much as I love German imported GSD's and Bernese Mountain Dogs, I can't see myself ever owning one unless I am able to save them. It's a different feeling knowing that you gave a wonderful home to a dog who had little happiness left in it's life.

[This message has been edited by AdoreMyDogs (edited October 03, 2000).]

What a sad story from Adoremydog. I know your Graham is glad to be where he is. Just keep giving lots of love. I know he must be happy now!

Adoremydogs,
    How wonderful of you to adopt your furbabies.
    I know what you mean about the scars of past abuse showing up. I have two rescued GSDs. The first came to me at 69lbs. and with a skin condition. With lots of love and vet care, he is 110lbs. with a beautiful, healthy coat. My second rescuee was beaten. All you have to do is raise your hand and she tries to bury her head in the floor. If you even say, "Who did this?" she also tries to bury her head. Both my dogs are wonderful. They very rarely do anything wrong and at that it would be something so minor. They both seem to know that we rescued them and really appreciate it. What a shame it would have been to have either of these two darlings killed.
    Su

I own, or rather, they own me, 2 dogs, Jake, a beautiful RED dobie, and Lucy, a little hairball Rottweiler. Jake is about 14 months, and about 90 lbs. I just got Lucy, and she is a massive 10 lbs. I like just about all breeds of dogs, but prefer BIG dogs. To me, little yappin' ankle biters are not of much use, but its what makes you happy, right?!
    They play together pretty good, or as best as they can, but Jake wasn't too sure when I first brought Lucy home. The only thing Jake doesn't like is when Lucy is after his biscuit. All in all, I love my dogs, and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Everyone i have a maltese shes my little bundle of love they are the sweetest dogs more poeple should have maltese.

------------------
    April

Hello everyone, my favourite dogs are dobbies, i have the company of three upto now, the first was a six and a half year old rescue, her name was 'Boo',then i got my first pup, he was 'casey'. They were both black and tans, now i have 'Rolf' who is a red and tan. He is definatily the daftest dog i have ever had!

------------------
    magsmac

Originally posted by RebelOne:
    My dog is a spoiled rotten Rottie. Her name is Legend and she is a sweetheart. She will be 3 years old Sept. 15. I think I'll have a party for her. But where do you buy dog biscuit birthday cakes?
    RebelOne: some years ago a friend had a birthday party for her Airdale,Duffy,and I made a cake for all the dogs with several cans of dog food,shaped like a cake,and covered it with chopped boiled eggs. Needless to say, the 9 invited dogs loved it.
    My dog is a wonderful 7 years old Golden Retriever named Carina,July 13,2000 Dog of the Day. She was a puppy when we went to Duffy's birthday party and was very embarrased by having to wear a party hat,but,being the lady she is, instead of taking the hat off she came to hide behind me.