Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Grrrrr..... I Hate Stupid People.

ok wow I thought that this would be left alone, I am trying to move on and I never said that lady was stupid or a b*tch to her face, again I do have manners and would never disrespect my elders that way, I appreciate the welcomes from those of you who said something, see and others are allowed to come ehre on a bad day and say their peace but I do it and get smashed, wow, just wow. And the three of us banded because we KNOW the APBT breed, I am NOT saying that none of you do either but we all have our breed of choice and I do get defensive when people start talking bad about the breed, again I know the media has played a HUGE role in this, it just seems that you all are not willing to give my breed of choice a chance, I have posted a different thread of pics of my dogs and .... you know I'm kinda with Krista I'm done with this thread for GOOD!!!!!

I will stay because Krista is my friend and I know that not everyone on here is so judgemental and critical, Thank you and have a good day!

Now I haven't read this entire thread.......I try to stay out of arguing like this, its silly. But I would just like to say that I get people asking if my dogs bite all the time. Take a look at the dogs in my signature. Do they look like pit bulls? Just because someone asks if your dog bites doesn't mean they hate your breed of dog, a lot of people are nervous of dogs in general, and you can't expect them to automatically love your dog, especially when they are encountering it in a public store that isn't a pet store. I get rude comments ALL the time about my dogs about how mean they look, etc.

I love dogs, I'm a groomer and I work with dogs for a living, I have friends that have pit bulls, I've groomed many pit bulls...I'm not someone who knows nothing of the breed. If I saw your dog, who is intact, and I had my dogs with me I would go as far away from you as possible. I'm sorry but they are more likely than your average breed (that isn't saying they are the only breed that is more likely to be this way either) to be dog aggressive I've witnessed two pit bull attacks on other dogs where they went right for the throat. My dogs can be a little dog aggressive themselves meeting dogs onleash. Now if I didn't have dogs with me of course I would go right up to him and love on him, I've never met a human aggressive pit bull.

I want to add something to this... Im really disappointed that people keep bashing Tye for stating what she did in the original post. We are ALL human, and most of us are VERY passionate about the animals we own, as they are another extension of our family and ourselves. I made the post I made to inform those who maybe wanted a little insight on American Pitbull Terriers, not to ASSUME that no one on this site understands them. Until you know the history behind dogs that you are not commonly associated with, it is hard to truly understand them. Yes, pitbulls are dog aggressive for the most part, but there are MANY, MANY breeds that display the same aggression, if not more severe. But again, it is the stigma, as well as the appearance of the dogs that makes them appear MORE aggressive than others. I see aggression in my friends lab all the time, as well as my cousin's chihuahua.. And I mean dog aggression. My two american pitbull terriers are dog aggressive, but I know that I can contain it. I am responsible and I don't socialize my dogs with strange dogs at dog parks, off lead where I don't have control, and we work on obedience daily. I can't say the same for my cousin's dog, who doesn't respect anything because every bit of its 8 lb body is dominant and stubborn. But people will automatically assume that mine are ready to fight, etc..

Again, I never assumed that anyone didn't know about these dogs, and I didn't call anyone stupid, but seeing as this thread isn't dying, I feel it's because you all are not going to let go of the original post. WE ALL VENT. We are ALL human and most of us at least one time or another have acted irrationally or jumped the gun on something. I put up with people's ignorance all the time, even though the area where I live is very accepting of my dogs, I get people from time to time who ask me those stereotypical questions, about lockjaw, and about what happens when my dogs turn on me, and how many dogs my dogs have murdered, etc. And it gets old. Just like the anklebiter statement I made. I didn't stereotype any small dogs or their owners, I was merely stating an example. It doesn't feel good to be stereotyped or to be bashed for venting your frustration caused my someone else's assumptions and ignorance. The lady might have had a bad experience, but if that was the case, she should have looked the other way and avoided talking to Tye altogether. If you don't want to listen to people, or want any conflict, ignore the questions and statements or dont ask them at all.

I hope all of you as animal lovers can understand that people vent, and Tye is just another owner who feels strongly for what she owns, just like most of you do. This will be my last post on this thread since my post might be percieved as ganging up with Tye, but it is truly trying to seek some compassion, because we're all in this for the animals.

I hate when people do that. I have a Rottweiler (only 10 months old). People always ask "Is he mean" or "Will he bite". I've had a lady ask me that, then walk up to a mutt a few minutes later and just start petting the dog without even asking. I understand people being scared of my dog at first because a lot of people do make them mean. They should just find a better way to ask if he is. "Is he friendly" would be a good way. And chances are if someone has their dog at Lowes or anywhere that there are lots of people, the dog wont bite.

Tye I for one am glad you have chosen to stay, i know you won't regret your decision although i imagine you are having second thoughts all the same, again WELCOME here and you will find in time what a great place it really is, I feel certain of that.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you Carole

Quote Originally Posted by TiffaniP View Post
    I hate when people do that. I have a Rottweiler (only 10 months old). People always ask "Is he mean" or "Will he bite". I've had a lady ask me that, then walk up to a mutt a few minutes later and just start petting the dog without even asking. I understand people being scared of my dog at first because a lot of people do make them mean. They should just find a better way to ask if he is. "Is he friendly" would be a good way. And chances are if someone has their dog at Lowes or anywhere that there are lots of people, the dog wont bite.
    That's exactly what im talkin about! Rotties get it too! Anything that has ever carried a stigma gets shunned, even thouroughbred dogs with temperament tests and extensive training, while people will gang around a mutt whose background is unknown, giving it characteristics of god knows how many breeds..

Yes the way people ask their questions affects our answers, or at least our initial thoughts I think. Like "Is he friendly" or "can i pet him" as opposed to "does he bite?" or "is he mean?" I bring my younger pup to my store with me because she's crated when she's not on lead and some lady asked me to pet her, then asked what kind of dog she was, then when I told her, she backs up about three feet (loca was 8 weeks at this point) and she asked me "what are you gonna do when she rips your arm off? it's just a matter of time, son"

Working as a retail manager I couldn't begin to tell her what I really thought about her stupid question...

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!! Vent away!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StaffyDaddy View Post
    I want to add something to this... Im really disappointed that people keep bashing Tye for stating what she did in the original post. We are ALL human, and most of us are VERY passionate about the animals we own, as they are another extension of our family and ourselves. I made the post I made to inform those who maybe wanted a little insight on American Pitbull Terriers, not to ASSUME that no one on this site understands them. Until you know the history behind dogs that you are not commonly associated with, it is hard to truly understand them. Yes, pitbulls are dog aggressive for the most part, but there are MANY, MANY breeds that display the same aggression, if not more severe. But again, it is the stigma, as well as the appearance of the dogs that makes them appear MORE aggressive than others. I see aggression in my friends lab all the time, as well as my cousin's chihuahua.. And I mean dog aggression. My two american pitbull terriers are dog aggressive, but I know that I can contain it. I am responsible and I don't socialize my dogs with strange dogs at dog parks, off lead where I don't have control, and we work on obedience daily. I can't say the same for my cousin's dog, who doesn't respect anything because every bit of its 8 lb body is dominant and stubborn. But people will automatically assume that mine are ready to fight, etc..

Again, I never assumed that anyone didn't know about these dogs, and I didn't call anyone stupid, but seeing as this thread isn't dying, I feel it's because you all are not going to let go of the original post. WE ALL VENT. We are ALL human and most of us at least one time or another have acted irrationally or jumped the gun on something. I put up with people's ignorance all the time, even though the area where I live is very accepting of my dogs, I get people from time to time who ask me those stereotypical questions, about lockjaw, and about what happens when my dogs turn on me, and how many dogs my dogs have murdered, etc. And it gets old. Just like the anklebiter statement I made. I didn't stereotype any small dogs or their owners, I was merely stating an example. It doesn't feel good to be stereotyped or to be bashed for venting your frustration caused my someone else's assumptions and ignorance. The lady might have had a bad experience, but if that was the case, she should have looked the other way and avoided talking to Tye altogether. If you don't want to listen to people, or want any conflict, ignore the questions and statements or dont ask them at all.

I hope all of you as animal lovers can understand that people vent, and Tye is just another owner who feels strongly for what she owns, just like most of you do. This will be my last post on this thread since my post might be percieved as ganging up with Tye, but it is truly trying to seek some compassion, because we're all in this for the animals.

First of all, no one is bashing or has bashed Tye. And no one mentioned her breed of choice in a detrimental way. She keeps saying she's done, she's leaving, she isn't posting anymore but so far she's still here bashing people trying to make us all love her dog. Then she brings you in to help her case. You say the thread isn't dying...of course not, it isn't dying because the two of you won't let it die.
    Nobody really cares if she wants to own a pit, that's her choice but she shouldn't be coming on here trying to ram her choice of breed down anyone's throat. We really don't care about the breed, get it? Her rudeness is what got people upset.
    I was very neutral about her breed, but the more I kept reading her comments and then you coming to her rescue to help defend the breed is making me think maybe there really is something to fear from this breed. Had you let it die as you stated you wouldn't have comvinced me that there might be some truth in the media.
    As I stated, I have large breed dogs and some people do fear them, I don't go off my rocker trying to defend my breed and I don't call anyone stupid because they give me a wide berth.
    Could we maybe put this to rest before others start wondering why the hype over one particular breed?
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    First of all, no one is bashing or has bashed Tye. And no one mentioned her breed of choice in a detrimental way. She keeps saying she's done, she's leaving, she isn't posting anymore but so far she's still here bashing people trying to make us all love her dog. Then she brings you in to help her case. You say the thread isn't dying...of course not, it isn't dying because the two of you won't let it die.
    Nobody really cares if she wants to own a pit, that's her choice but she shouldn't be coming on here trying to ram her choice of breed down anyone's throat. We really don't care about the breed, get it? Her rudeness is what got people upset.
    I was very neutral about her breed, but the more I kept reading her comments and then you coming to her rescue to help defend the breed is making me think maybe there really is something to fear from this breed. Had you let it die as you stated you wouldn't have comvinced me that there might be some truth in the media.
    As I stated, I have large breed dogs and some people do fear them, I don't go off my rocker trying to defend my breed and I don't call anyone stupid because they give me a wide berth.
    Could we maybe put this to rest before others start wondering why the hype over one particular breed?
    Standing applause, girl!!! clap-clap-clap
    Now take a bow.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Funny yall keep referring to our dogs as large breed..

And you want the thread to die but keep comin back. I guess since we're new and actually stand up for what we love we get all the regulars to come give us some mind? lol i love this site

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by StaffyDaddy View Post
    Funny yall keep referring to our dogs as large breed..

And you want the thread to die but keep comin back. I guess since we're new and actually stand up for what we love we get all the regulars to come give us some mind? lol i love this site
    Asiel said that she has large breed dogs. She didn't say your dogs (Pits), are large breed. That mistake happens tho, with selective reading.

Glad you like the site.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Asiel said that she has large breed dogs. She didn't say your dogs (Pits), are large breed. That mistake happens tho, with selective reading.

Glad you like the site.
    hahaha yeah thanks

hahaha NOW I really am done, I tried to stay and share my warm fuzzy ones with you and I'm crammingmy dogs down your throat, LMAOOOOOOOO, you only wish, anywayz, I'm sorry Krista, I really did try but after this particular statement I will be done here. I say GOOD DAY!