Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrr..... I Hate Stupid People.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post
    he is not neutered because he is in confirmation and weight pull, he has to be intact for confirmation, so YES I am responisble, thanks Y'all keep laughing, cause it's funny to watch you all
    Carry on and enjoy, because I'm done with a KIA.

Just keep dancing around the issues at hand, and hope that your dog always remains well behaved.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    LOL! You'll be old someday!

Geez Tye, I can't even get this many people to post on my pups threads, you are popular already!
    hahah popular, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Carry on and enjoy, because I'm done with a KIA.

Just keep dancing around the issues at hand, and hope that your dog always remains well behaved.
    KIA?? And I have not danced around any issues, and as I have said I work VERY hard for my dogs to be well behaved, have titles and be good breed ambassadors

I hate to jump into this, but......

This is clearly attention grabbing by the OP.

If you have a dog which requires a large collar to maintain control in public, maybe you shouldn't be bringing the dog into the store.

If you have a dog which has a bad reputation because of the breed, two collars and a camo coat aren't exactly sending a warm fuzzy image of the dog. That's hardly being an ambassador for the breed.

You have shown yourself in these posts to be confrontational with people, and wonder why you're getting semi-flamed.

If everyone else sees an issue, but you think it's everyone else with the problem, it's time to invest in a mirror.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I hate to jump into this, but......

This is clearly attention grabbing by the OP.

If you have a dog which requires a large collar to maintain control in public, maybe you shouldn't be bringing the dog into the store.

If you have a dog which has a bad reputation because of the breed, two collars and a camo coat aren't exactly sending a warm fuzzy image of the dog. That's hardly being an ambassador for the breed.

You have shown yourself in these posts to be confrontational with people, and wonder why you're getting semi-flamed.

If everyone else sees an issue, but you think it's everyone else with the problem, it's time to invest in a mirror.
    lol I look into a mirror everyday and if it was a little chi dressed in pants a a vest it would be ok, but because of his breed, I am being flamed, omg you people are just to much, and the big collar is not for control the choke chain is, his regular buckle style collar is to carry his tags and for when he shows and does weight pull, again have you seen one of these dogs pull 3400lbs?? I am assuming not. And what would you know about being an ambassador for the breed when you obviously know nothing about the breed, I have been anything but confrontational as I said I am not a confrontational person, I am much more of a happy go lucky person, no I am upset about being bashed over my breed of choice and how use my words and my dogs collar, and no I do not think it is everyone else with the problem, I just htink people need to educate themselves before they make comments on others breed of choice and what they let their dogs wear is all. OO would you get me a mirror so I can see myself every morning so I know what kind of person I am

You're not getting flamed, hence the reference to SEMI flamed.

I have issues with people bringing dogs into stores period, regardless of the breed. Service animals, no problem, but a pet? There's no need to bring them shopping with you.

Again, it has nothing to do with the breed, it's your careless actions people have issues with.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen....

I have to say this. What makes this dog so much different from the animals you have at home? I love all cats, all dogs, and don't make assumptions or insinuations about any breed. I could blatantly say that "anklebiters" or small breed dogs are in fact more aggressive, however no one feels challenged by a dog who would have to REALLY go at you to hurt you... Small dogs are treated like toddlers, let up on couches like dominant members of your "pack" and you coddle those little dogs that growl at anything that startles them...

Let me take a step back. Because that's not my opinion, however because I don't agree with what you are saying I don't have to be nasty. Tye, I hate stupid people too. Not ignorant ones. Because ignorance is bliss, and it simply means you aren't educated on the matter. Now when you learn something, and refuse to retain it, or choose to ignore it, and act like you never learned it, that is stupidity.

Let me give anyone here bashing these dogs benefit of the doubt. Let's talk about media's role in the image of the American Pitbull Terrier. Notice I didn't say PITBULL.. That is a blanket term, just like anklebiter is for small dogs. It may not be rude like the one I compared it to, but it is an ignorant term.

American Pitbull Terriers were bred from crosses between English dogs, from the terrier and bull dog types, and bred for function. This function was work. At the time of the creation of these dogs, the work at hand was bull baiting. Handlers would breed dogs that displayed tenacity and courage, and force great enough to finish what a human could not. Taking down bulls. Dogs were bred to be human friendly. So friendly in fact that you might remember a show called the little rascals. Petey the "pitbull" represented the exact type of dog that these dogmen of yesteryear strived to create. They were a family dog, one with great stamina, strength, courage, and most importantly a friendly disposition and a desire to please. This meant that kids could pull their tails, ears and be as kids are around these dogs, leaving parents little to worry about.

Bullbaiting became illegal. How do you test for the most courageous athlete? Dog fighting. Dog fighting, while it was legal up until 1976 was an event orchestrated by people, or dogmen who wanted to follow the true type of dog that the cross in the 1800s had established. Game testing, or testing a "pit dogs" tenacity was a sport in which the handler would enter a confined space with their dog, and it was matched against another dog. Human aggressive displays were culled, meaning the dog was either destroyed or taken out of the breeding program, because the disposition of a pitbull was to be friendly towards their human companions, and to lash at a human was a serious fault. So said dogs were cut from breeding programs and not allowed to pass their seed, or bloodline.

Testing became very popular in the early 70's, and for many years after it was outlawed, because it bred dogs that were the strongest of the bunch, the most courageous of their type, and the most loving towards humans. That means if you had a game dog, it might challenge other breeds of dogs (but other breeds also contain dog aggression), show aggression towards small animals like rabbits and squirrels, but that is called DRIVE. Drive comes from instinct dating back to days before dogs were "property" and made into pets. The purpose of keeping dogs active in this mindframe was to have a high energy dog that would complete any given task, and one who worked to keep a lean, healthy shape.

American Pitbull Terriers were bred for function over form, so many of these animals before 1976 looked like the same "type" of dog, but with many traits stemming from different bloodlines, many appeared different. It wasn't until the last two decades that breeding practices have turned more about appearance, and less about the well being of the breed. If you have an active dog that was bred to perform, it is not likely to have an array of health problems. It will require less medical care because it is bred to be fat burning, active, everything that is not a part of breeding programs with most breeds today.

Today's working American Pitbull Terrier can range from a service dog, to a catch dog (hunting), to a tracking dog, weight pull dog, agility dog, flyball dog, obedience dog, therapy dog, just about any task you put it to. Now remember how this dog was bred for function over form. People stopped testing for temperaments, which in short was "culling" the manbiters back before 1976... And since there is a negative stigma, you see people trying to make a buck breeding any given "pitbull" wether it's registered or not. A true American Pitbull Terrier would be temperament tested (which the average TTTS test results indicate a better temperament and lower bite percentage then what the media WANTS you to think), health tested to clear it of any genetic disorder, and put to the test with some form of sport sanctioned by a registry such as the United Kennel Club or the American Dog Breeder's Association. Champions, Grand Champions and Aces in wide ranges of sports and activities make good specimens because in part they portray what this dog was originally created for. Work.

im not done yet

Now considering they are working dogs, you might say, why those thick collars. A dog this strong could easily strain a trachea or esophagus from lunging (if it sees a bird, another dog... wether its just to greet or to defend, etc), and also while performing a task during an event. Thicker collars cover more area, which decreases the pressure to the neck, allowing the dog a less restrained air flow, and a more comfortable feel. Tell me how many of your dogs would want to keep running into a wire type collar. Prong collars and slip chains are simply used for reinforcing commands that should be established through proper obedience. It is hard to perfect obedience, as a dog will need consistency throughout training during his/her life, so if a dog is being stubborn, or refuses to comply, a "bite" from the leader of the pack so to say is a quick reminder that a command was given, and it is to be followed. I don't know how many people I see daily letting their dogs pull on retractable leads, or pulling them down the street with their leashes drawn tight from tension. Guess what? That inflicts pressure and possible pain on the dog, encourages dominance over the handler, and is counter productive. A dog should be taught how to heel on a loose lead. I use correction collars only as a reinforcement, not as a quick fix. They might not look pretty like 1/2 inch nylon snap collars, but proper equipment is suited for proper use, generally promoted by RESPONSIBLE dog owners.

These days are not so different from those of yesterday. It's the "pitbull" today, because headlines are filled by secret agendas proposed by legislators to rid the world of "pitbulls". Youre right, irresponsible owners, poor temperaments due to bad breeding, and breeding for anything other than a goal in which the breed can benefit from is devastatiing to any breed. But since American Pitbull Terriers are so sought out, everyone and their uncle wants to breed them. Just because you have a dog you think is cute or awesome doesn't mean it's breeding material. But that goes for ANY breed. Now, because the majority of the stigma that is circling around this breed is caused solely by ignorance, it is easy to say "pitbulls are kid maulers and manbiters". Truth is, the majority of "pitbulls" that bite people, first are provoked (but it's easy to say theyre not now that everyones idea of a pitbull is a man vicious dog), secondly most are not thouroughbred specimens of the breed, which brings in temperaments from unknown breeds, and you are opening the genepool to more undesirable traits that could come from more aggressive breeds or poorly bred MUTTS. Just because it looks like a "pitbull" does not make it an American Pitbull Terrier. Bull mastiffs, Dogo Argentinos, Cane Corsos, Dogue De Bourdeaux, Patterdale Terriers, Catahoulas, American Bulldogs, Banndogges, and other breeds, AND mixes all share some similar characteristics and to the untrained eye may portray features that get confused for that of an AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER. There's about 20 breeds, in fact there's an online webpage that gives you one chance to spot the true specimen, leaving you with 15 false answers. Most people, it takes 2 or 3 guesses at best to uncover the true "pitbull"..

I really hope you can open your eyes and spread a good message like Tye here is trying to do. Why is camo offensive? Soldiers are dying overseas for our freedom, so wouldn't patriots stand in awe to America's once most desired family dog bound in a cute camo Jacket? And the collar, wouldn't you feel safer knowing that the handler knows what strengths their dog is capable of, and is using something that is durable and safe for the dog? Can't you give someone who knows their dogs well enough to go into Lowe's benefit of the doubt about being responsible? We might live in the south but as dog owners and lovers it's counter productive to stereotype other breeds that you don't know and understand, and it shows really insecurities and flaws in all of us. Our dogs don't hate you... Why hate our dogs???

if I was careless I would have brought a vicious dog in to a public place, if I was careless, i would be one of those news stories you see on tv, if I was careless I would let my dog breed with anything that moved, to reap the "benefits" of the money as others would say, if I was careless I would let my dog off leash at a dog park to play with other dogs I don't know, knowing my dog is dog aggressive, if I was careless I would have never gotten them certified with the ATTS and CGC and one of my dogs is a certified therapy dog, again you people seem to have no clue regarding my breed of choice

Oh for crying out loud. Pit bulls DO NOT have a tendency to be aggressive. ANY dog does, It's not how you raise them it depends on genetics. Sorry Tye you are getting the short end of the stick here and I am sorry I invited you here.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

awww Krista please do not be upset at other peoples lack of knowing a breed and being discriminatory, you know that my crew loves you and vice versa, I am ok here and if htese people would open their minds to what a true APBT and a responsible owner was then maybe I wouldn't have been read wrong. No worries girl, let the haters hate and the lovers love

I agree!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

News flash to the OP:

It's not the breed. It's the humans.

hahah then I guess it is me y'all should be worried about and not my dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Honestly, I haven't gotten the feeling that the posts here have been meant to bash the original poster. I got the feeling that people were just posting to help the OP see the reason why the individual that was referred to as "stupid and a b***h" acted the way she did and not because she was either of those things. Because the OP decided to take those things as personal attacks, things have escalated. No where did anyone say that your dog shouldn't wear two collars or even a large collar nor was there anyone that even suggested that you shouldn't take your dog anywhere. The large and two collars were mentioned just to indicate why someone may choose to be cautious when approaching you and your animal, especially in a setting where they probably were not expecting to see an animal. Just because there isn't a sign saying that animals are not allowed, doesn't mean that they are necessarily welcome. Just as one example, my place of worship doesn't say that animals aren't allowed, but common sense dictates that we don't bring our pets. I have a close friend who would sometimes bring her 5 pound poodle in to the post office and the local hardware store. I loved her dog and dog sat for her numerous times. I still cringed every time I saw her inside a place of business. Perhaps if you could look at things objectively, you'd realize these nice people weren't attacking you but just trying to help you see the reasons behind the actions that offended you.

Agree totally

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    How could anyone miss that set?????
    See, told you I was losing my eyesight....lol. Guess we are perverts...lol.
    I'm sitting here still laughing my head off for missing that. Got to get those new glasses for sure
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----