Thread: spca

spca

i have to say i watch animal cops on saterlite every day , i enjoy watching it but it breaks my heart to see these poor animals hurting and i get so very mad , we have the rspca here in britain there pretty good but not as good as the spca , the spca do a fantastic job to protect there animals and i get tears of joy seeing the outcome on how fantastic the animals look after , my whole family watch animal cops, geat education for my children as well , what i cannot understand is how anyone can treat there pets in the way they do , i have 3 dogs a cat , a hamster and 5 fish , plus 5 children , my pets are well fed each day fresh water put down a number of times a day , there collors are renewed every 6 months and checked on if its ok each day, if there sick they see a vet as soon as i can get the appointment , there so well loved and in return they give us all the love they can thats all we ask , my cat was abandonned and locked in an empty house i took him on and took him home which was 6 hours drive weve had him every sinse and what a loving cat he cat hes very special to us they all are , my dogs took to him instantly and love him just as we do , hes 14 years old now weve had him sinse he was 12 and i hope he,ll be around for a long time yet , pets are family members just like children , there companions and friends .

i understand were u are fcoming from and it to breaks my heart to see all these animals be treated like they are scum of this earth. i have 4 dogs (2 chihuahuas and 2 pitbulls) a snake, 2 mice and 3 fish and i wouldnt have a wonderful day that i have with out them i take care of my animals like they are my kids that is because they are. if i could i would make a shelter home for animals so they can just come and play but it is very hard to find home that will keep them thru there whole life wut i have also noticed is that wen the puppy or kitten grows they throw them away like a stuffed toy or something and it makes me very angry..to those that love there animals thank you those who dont...dont bring an animal to this world if ur not ready for the responsibility

hi

im the same , i would love to home all the unwanted animals ,
    i had my sheba for my 17th birthday she was a ridgeback i always wanted another dog i had her till she passed of old age , my cat bubbles was found as a kitten locked in a cuboard no food no water , cat mess all over him , i had him 7 years sadly he was hit by a car , i cried for weeks , my dog jenny to she was a welsh collie we found her wandering the streets very hungry and thin we had her till she passed .
    people just get these pets thinking there cute as kittens or pups not thinking ahead they grow up need alot of care and attension and need treatment along the way to , i adore all my animals they mean alot to me , my 2 sister mastiffs when they were 15 months they had a nasty fight still no idea why this happened wasnt over food or affection ,they were aggressive towards each other for 4 months, i love them both with all my heart and had to separate them for 4 months it took alot of patience and time getting them back together but there back to best of friends and now sleep cuddled together just like when they were puppies , the hard work sure payed off , im proud of my hubby and children as well they all worked together in making this happen again

well i am very inspired of u taking in those animals i did the same with some ferrets and man i loved them to death and i made sure they had good homes because i jus didnt have the room for them and it made me cry for weeks cuz i felt so bad but i kno they are in good hands......i had the same problem with my female pit her and her sister would constantly get into it and they would fight to the death and there was nothing that we could do to prevent it so we had to move away from her sister and she does real good now but she cant be by other females her size...i was told that it was a dominance issue....but im glad that u have made them see it ur way and tell them to b nice it is always good to have a buddy by ur side especially wen it is blood.

hi
    the 2 were in the house in the 4 months but were never together we tried but had no luck ,we had them walking by the side of each other when we took them out still no luck soon as those muzzles were off until we started getting them closer without the bounderies they had in those 4 months , just a little gate but were always watched , then 1 day they were let out together in the yard and they finally were buddies again , the fight that orginary started lasted only a minute but they were broken up, they both needed the vet on there cuts and both had bruising to the legs , certainly wont be happening again were being very causious now by feeding them separatly in diffrent rooms the children dont give them treats unless were there and we dont let let them play fight no more they used to have ruff n tumbles they still play with there tennis balls and teddies together but sinse weve made strong rules there so much better .

Those are good precautions i really like them.... Well that is good that they get along it was a hard tryin to get my male pit along wth my smallest chihuahua because they were both male....but now they cant even be apart they are always layin next to eachother on the bed or playing with eachother......it is kinda adorable because he is a lil tiny chihuahua and he is a 130llb pitbull and dozer will roll over for him........

Oh those programmes are usually good, but I think there is a lack of good animal control in many of the cities in this country. It makes me mad too that there are quite a few jerks out there not only abusing the animals they own, but giving some particular breeds a bad name. Of course a great deal of the neglect and poor treatment comes from a lack of good information and education concerning proper care and just generally how much time and money is needed to look after a pet.

By the way, couldn't help noticing your location there, I am visiting Cardiff this January.

Niņo & Eliza

I was told by a pet behaviouralist that there was no chance of both sister getting along again , I was determind to prove them wrong , Said because they were sister fighting was very common but there great together again .

Quote Originally Posted by amberlynn View Post
    Those are good precautions i really like them.... Well that is good that they get along it was a hard tryin to get my male pit along wth my smallest chihuahua because they were both male....but now they cant even be apart they are always layin next to eachother on the bed or playing with eachother......it is kinda adorable because he is a lil tiny chihuahua and he is a 130llb pitbull and dozer will roll over for him........

Cardiff a nice city ,Not much greenery though anymore theyve built on everything , The bullmastiff has got a bad name in britain due to to many attacks , I agree that they can cause alot of serious injuries to people but its down to the owners as well,my dogs are always muzzled ,Storm is trained to stay when shes told and never runs off ,Star still needs alot of training but She'll get there in time,Alot over here let big dogs run loose in there front yards i would never do that there never loose in the front only in the back yard and theres a padlock on the gate which is 6ft tall only way of getting in is to climb it and there signs everywhere , year and half ago a 10yr old got in the back yard Storm was seen approuching him wagging her tail ,a neighbour said she went to great him and he struck her in the face then kicked her twice ,I saw the 3rd kick she grabbed him them causing 10 stitches on his arm , the family then lied said my dogs were roaming in the street , Couldnt believe what they'd said my dogs have never been off there leash or muzzles in the street, turned out there was 3 wittnesses who saw hiim jump in the yard and 2 neighbours saw him attack her , Shes very angry towards strange boys now but now shes trained fully shes easier and trusts people more now, Turned out the boy bullies my daughter and told the police he wanted all her pets put to sleep , No respect for living creatures.
    I took a hedgehog in few months back he was in the front yard i took 40 ticks from him poor little thing we took him over the woods away from the roads then its nice to see then ok and going off healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Oh those programmes are usually good, but I think there is a lack of good animal control in many of the cities in this country. It makes me mad too that there are quite a few jerks out there not only abusing the animals they own, but giving some particular breeds a bad name. Of course a great deal of the neglect and poor treatment comes from a lack of good information and education concerning proper care and just generally how much time and money is needed to look after a pet.

By the way, couldn't help noticing your location there, I am visiting Cardiff this January.

Yeah that is understandable.....but that is a good thinng that have them work together like that.....stuff like that is really hard to do.........