Thread: Columbus

Columbus

Hello, Columbus, you handsome fur lined speed bumpI think you must be a Maine Coon like me I am glad that your human decided to keep you. It must have broken their hearts to have to make a choice of which felines they could keep Enjoy your special day. Purrs to you and your family

Columbus!!! I have your younger brother at my house!!! You sound like a real character!! Happy COTD!!! Here is our Samson!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nine is Fine!!

That face, that incredible beautiful, cute, funny, intelligent, playful face. I just want to cuddle you all day. You do indeed look like a Maine Coon as my Boscoe is and what joy they bring. I am thrilled to see all the love you have gotten and given. Hugs sweetheart.

Weight problems

Hi there Columbus - you sure are lucky to have been able to survive all of your health problems and I am sure your human family is thrilled that you have. I don't know what kind of food you are eating but I have discovered that although vets are very helpful with surgeries etc., they don't always have the best food in their clinics (my own vet told me that VERY LITTLE time in school is spent on nutrition and when my Angel Beyli was diagnosed with CRF she told me to no longer buy food at a vet). A lot of the foods that are prescription diet have fillers (like rice, corn, etc.) instead of meat, and given that cats are carnivores, they need meat and their organs need moisture. The cats (and dogs) gain weight on this food but it isn't healthy weight. So years ago I stopped using foods like Science Diet, Royal Canin, etc. and have been using Wellness, Natural Balance, Evo, etc. (all from the U.S.) - AND it is very important for your cat to have a mainly canned food diet. Cats do not drink a lot of water (unless there is an underlying health issue - so it would be a bad sign for them to constantly drink). They need to get their water from FOOD and there is NO WATER in these industrial vats of dry food (check the ingredients... no meat, no water - nothing that a cat was eating in nature). We read the labels for ourselves to make sure we have healthy ingredients - we need to do the same for our pets or they will pay for it (and we will, with either vet bills or heartache). Just look at the difference between a cat eating good canned food or dry food - they eat the canned food with enjoyment and gusto. How can we take that away from them. My cat went from 18 pounds to a healthy 13 pounds when I put him on mostly canned and quality dry food. And he had less problems with his arthritis also (with the help of Sasha's Blend too).

Long live Columbus.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Blog Entries

Columbus (the explorer)

Meeow, Mew to you, beautiful, handsome Columbus. This is Norman, the King channeling via KatMa. Pets at The Palace are recycled / rescued kitties.

Meeyarrr, The Palace poll question:

"Is Columbus a Maine Coon kitteh?"

Voting in the poll are the purrents, Paw-Paw & KatMa, Princes Felix & Baby Rascal, and outdoor Prince Ebony (dines twice daily under a palace balcony).

Poll results:
    100% Maine Coon kitteh.

We love your story -- how exotic -- living on the farm with many other species of animals. We'd love to have a canine buddy sharing the Palace with us but, alas! our Paw-Paw is allergic to puppehs.

Llike most cats and dog, you're aware and smart which is why your research and analysis of the situation concluded that sitting on the the electric plug has some kind of kitteh medicine in it which is why you're 16+ years old!

The four =^..^= s at the Palace salute you, royal one, as you've been crowned Cat of the Day. Celebrate in royal feline fashion along with your Palace staff, canine buddy -- Buddy -- and whomever else is lucky enough to live with you.

Bastet, the Goddess simultaneously channeled to The Palace 4 =^..^= s so we pass along the message: visit: http://www.moggies.co.uk/bastet/bastet.html

Columbus, live long & prosper in accordance with CAL:
    Cherished Adored Loved = Birthright of Companion Animals

Meeow, mews, purrs & kittykisses to you from all of us:
    The =^..^= s Norman, Felix and Baby Rascal
    and stray kittieh Ebony whom our KatMa feeds whenever Ebony comes to the Palace. Our purrents send appropriate bows & fawning to you along with endless kisses.
    Last edited by sasha the cat; 12-13-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: get the [*][/*] around the letters in CAL

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Columbus , you really have that noble Maine Coon look about, with thier intelligence and playful nature.
    We , especially Our Senior Kittyzens Michael, Joseph and Princess are so sorry that you have had some pain and illness due to old age.
    But if you do as Your Meeowmie suggests and stay on her diet, you should very good years left to delight all who know and love you.

And we pray that like Columbus that you discover new things and stay alert and watch out for new things as thats waht keeps us all young at heart.
    And you have a Wonderful Meeowmie to help you all the way.

Michael, JJJ3 and Princess lead the Senior Kittyzen MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWS For Our Most Distinguished Newest Friend and Newest Cat of the Day Colorful Cosmic Columbus.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Columbus what a gorgeous fellow you are!!!

I am so glad you discovered how to cure your cancer. Must be something in the electrical 'waves' that helped. I'm with your vet, doesn't really matter how it happened just that it did!!!

I laughed when I read how you would steal your sister's babies. Just a big old mush ball, aren't you?

Sorry to hear about your hips. My Rainbow Bridge Leonardo had arthritis and I used to put little boxes around so he could still get on the beds and things. I just went to the Bridge in June at almost 19.

I hope you continue to enjoy your life for many many years.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!

No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Columbus, you are a true survivor! With such good looks and luck on your side, you are a total winner! I can see why you family loves you so much. Stay healthy and happy for many years to come.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Wonderful people of Cat Columbus

Blessings on you for expending so much money and love on Columbus and his illnesses. You are among the very best of cat people, obviously.

~Sashymo

Cats and electricity

It has been established that the low frequency waves from ac electrical supply wires induce cancer in humans, so why not also cats. My cats like to curl up on extension cords; there is something there which attracts them, and they are sensitive to low level signals. Cats have many sensory organs humans lack. BUT I discourage this proximity to wires because it is potentially dangerous for the cats. It has long been recommended that humans, especially children, do not sleep near ac supply electrical wires, including those in walls, and outlets.

Now Cat Columbus may well know something I do not know, but I am persuaded on the basis of many studies that these supply wires convey danger to humans and cats alike through the radiation they promulgate, especially low frequency waves.

Cute Columbus!

Wow...what a story!
    You've been through a lot, yet you are still here - a loving, happy cat!
    Enjoy your COTD status, Columbus!

(My oldest cat - Gypsy - recently went to the Rainbow Bridge in September. She just turned fifteen. I and the other five kitties miss her)!

Greetings and happy Cat of the Day to you Columbus, you beautiful, fur-lined speed bump! I was so touched, moved to tears by your amazing life story, Columbus! What an amazingly brave boy you are! You have the strength and courage of a lion, sweetheart! And we thank God for good people such as your Mommy; for her unwavering devotion to you, her beautiful best furkid! Her willingness to do all in her power to keep you well is an inspiration to us all, and a testament to her unconditional love for her best boy! You truly are a miracle kitty Columbus! And whether it be due to extension cords or just simply good care and your Mommy's unconditional love, we are all so thrilled that you've faced so many serious health challenges, and each time come out a winner, a survivor!

Congratulations and lots and lots of love to you on your much deserved day of honor, beautiful boy! I hope this finds you feeling well; that you and your wonderful Mom enjoy a very special, love filled day of celebration, and many more years of shared love and companionship!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

indiewolf Guest

columbus

Wow. I have to admit that when I see a long COTD entry, I usually just gloss over it. But this story was so engaging, I took my time and read it all. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing it, and blessings to you all. So cool!

Columbus, you are a most handsome kitty! I'm glad you have beaten your illnesses! Happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just could not end the day without congratulating one of our local guys for being Cat of the Day! A big congratulations for our wonderful Columbus! We are so glad you are now an Albuquerquean and you represent us well! You are brave and strong and oh so beautiful! Congratulations again Columbus!