Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So excited! Christmas gifts for the boyfriend.. What did YOU get for your s/o?

So excited! Christmas gifts for the boyfriend.. What did YOU get for your s/o?

So.. I found the perfect Christmas gifts for the boyfriend.. Mike is going to LOVE these.. I wanted something unique, so I thought these were it! I know I haven't seen the second and third collectible items before.. :

Metal Tin "Rolling Rock horse" that is seen on the bottle cap of the beer product:

Mirror frame with Rolling Rock logo:

Bar sign:

So, what did YOU get for your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend?
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Getting gifts for my hubby is SO hard.....he has everything he 'needs', and he doesn't really have hobbies/interests that are *things*. What I mean is, he doesn't golf, or ski, or into sports; he doesn't drink or smoke or paint; doesn't collect anything etc. etc. He works very hard to provide for us, and upkeep the house, and also do things for other people. So every anniversary/birthday/Christmas is SO challenging for me to think of things for him.

This year, I painted him a mug at the pottery shop (and was pretty disappointed that he was right here when my SIL brought them to the house and he really wanted to see what I had made, and I gave it to him early. Gah!) in big letters it says "PAPA" on it. I also got a Skinit for his Blackberry; am putting together a huge collage of picures for our living room wall (I feel like this is cheating though, cause its not really for him, you know?); a shirt and tie; an organizer for his desk; and some bookends for his bookcase.

I love Christmas!

I don't really have any plans to get Cam anything. But we're not big into Christmas. Some years we've just done stockings for each other. It's been kind of a tough few months as he was layed off his job. He got a new one right away, but the pay is a little less. Maybe we'll just buy something nice for the house as a present to each other.

*Thanks Ashley*

I bought Dave a bunch of new tshirts, sweaters and hoodies. What he had from when he split with his ex wife was just a disaster and things she had worn to work and gotten splattered with cooking grease. We already got him new jeans to wear, because all of his had holes and rips. His ex would spend tons of $$ on herself, but buy him things that were like, 5.00 out at Walmart. Not that you have to spend a ton but at least be thoughtful with what you buy, you know???

So, I had fun at Macy's, got some great deals and some cool tshirts and really nice sweaters. Still want to get him some more stuff, just not sure what. It has to be practical, and it can't be too expensive at this point because I don't have the funds, lol. OOH... I got him some new cologne too. EUPHORIA. It smells sooooo good. I just want to lick it off him, lol.

My husband and I don't exchange gifts anymore- we prefer doing fun things to celebrate instead. We usually take a train ride every Christmas, although last year we saw the Nutcracker Ballet instead. This year we are riding the cog wheel up Pike's Peak again!

I guess for us, it just doesn't make sense to exchange gifts. I mean, if I wanted something and could afford it, I would just buy it myself. If I can't afford it, well, neither can he! We usually just buy for the kids in the family and do a "secret santa" type thing with other family members for fun.

Usually each year I get Bruce a big gift (meaning expensive). But this year that's just not possible. I asked him if we even wanted to exchange gifts this year and he wants to. So we set a limit on how much to spend.
    He brews his own beer and wants to get a small mill. So I told my mom and SIL and we are all going to put in money so he can purchase it. I always get him a calendar. And we do stockings too, with candy and other silly items in them. I'm going to get the breathe right strips for him this year. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We got new carpet a few months ago, and just decided that would be our gift to each other. We don't usually get each other much. Ty, on the other hand, is going to be so spoiled this year. This is the first Christmas that he will kind of have an idea what will be going on, so we are super excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    My husband and I don't exchange gifts anymore- we prefer doing fun things to celebrate instead. We usually take a train ride every Christmas, although last year we saw the Nutcracker Ballet instead. This year we are riding the cog wheel up Pike's Peak again!

I guess for us, it just doesn't make sense to exchange gifts. I mean, if I wanted something and could afford it, I would just buy it myself. If I can't afford it, well, neither can he! We usually just buy for the kids in the family and do a "secret santa" type thing with other family members for fun.
    That is our philosophy; we've been together 28 years, we have everything we need/want (well, you know, within reason) and for us Christmas is not about gifts. We generally see some shows or concerts, exchange stocking gifts and some inexpensive fun things. If there's a big ticket item on the agenda that particular year, we look at each other when we buy it and say "Merry Christmas!"... This year new bedroom furniture MIGHT make the list...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

He's the other moderator here - I wouldn't dare post it!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh come on, Karen, he won't look!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker View Post
    Getting gifts for my hubby is SO hard.....he has everything he 'needs', and he doesn't really have hobbies/interests that are *things*. What I mean is, he doesn't golf, or ski, or into sports; he doesn't drink or smoke or paint; doesn't collect anything etc. etc. He works very hard to provide for us, and upkeep the house, and also do things for other people. So every anniversary/birthday/Christmas is SO challenging for me to think of things for him.
    My hubby is the same way. I think this year we are just buying each other a new house.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Oh come on, Karen, he won't look!
    You don't know him! As a child, he'd unwrap and play with presents his parents had hidden for weeks before Christmas - even when they hid them in the car truck, and even when they hid them at a neighbor's house!
    I've Been Frosted

Rich and I aren't really big in exchanging presents, if he wants something he'll usually run out and buy it and I never want presents :P This year his mom got him an expensive gift so I only bought him a few little things - a DVD, a CD, a t-shirt and a graphic design book that he's been drooling over. I'm spending Christmas with him and his family so I think that should be enough of a present

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

My hubby collects and plays guitar and is a hunting fan - so I found this great Camoplage guitar and I think he will be so excited!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Like a few others, we no longer exchange gifts. Instead we donate the $$$ to a charity dedicated to animal welfare.