Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemon had quite the adventure!

Lemon had quite the adventure!

I'm sure RICHARD would have made this story much more interesting, but I don't have his gift with words.

Lemon is my most inquisitive kitty. One time she got taken to the trash because the van door was left open while loading the garbage. She is always around, so when she wasn't home for dinner or a few hours later, we retraced steps. Finally we realized she must be at the garbage collection place a mile away. My mom drove up there and called her. She came running over to the fence.

Well, on Thanksgiving we sold the camper/trailer (its 35' long so I'm not sure what you call it technically) that my grandmother used to live in before she died 5 years ago. They came to pick it up yesterday. An hour after they drove away was dinner time for the kitties. As soon as I noticed everyone but Lemon was there, I knew she was in the camper! We searched everywhere around here. She's been here 8.5 years and is always around especially at food time. The camper had a hole in the kitchen floor and one small window was broken. I couldn't bring myself to post about it here last night. I couldn't think about the possibility of her having jumped out of it while they were pulling it down the road. Even if she wasn't run over, I didn't think there was any way to find her. The people that bought it live over an hour away.

I ordered 40 pictures from WalMart and made a missing cat poster. I was planning on putting them up in all the vet's offices and grocery stores in both counties that the camper went through. My dad called the people this morning. They had a truck following the camper and said they never saw her jump out. That gave me hope that she might be somewhere near their property.

We drove over there this afternoon. They live in a well wooded area right on a river. It was very nice. My mom and I split up calling for her. After 10 minutes or so, I heard my mom say that she was in the camper! The people had been in and out of there all day and never saw her. By the time we got inside, she was hiding. It took me almost 5 minutes of looking and calling her to lure her out of the hiding spot.

She went into the carrier in the car. About 5 miles down the road, she decided she would poop! What a lovely smell that was! But as long as she was there with us, she could have done anything she wanted. We hadn't brought food with us. So our trip was extended by a stop at WalMart for some canned food. That way she got moisture and food at the same time.

Anyway, she is home again. At the moment she is inside here somewhere. But that was definitely a very tense 24 hours. If only you could put a GPS on a cat! She would definitely be a candidate for that.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Oh Lemon! I'm so glad you're home safe and sound! Moe-what a scare!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

That is a crazy story! I am so glad it ended well. Silly Lemon is a little adventurer!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Lemon, goodness, are you trying to give everyone gray hairs? Or do you want to be the most travelled kitty in your family? -- you already MET that one, ha haa.

You must have been a wreck, worrying and wondering. At least now you know for future, have food with you when you go Lemon Hunting!

She's been here 8.5 years and is always around especially at food time.

Very true. I met my parents in town. My mom had picked up Morgan's old carrier and brought it for our trip. I was actually very surprised to see that my dad had come along. I think Lemon is his favorite of all of my kitties. (He surprised me and came when I had to have Morgan put to sleep also.) If I'd left from my house, I would have brought food. My mom just didn't think of getting any but did remember the carrier, thankfully. I guess we could have stopped for food on the way over there, but honestly I don't think any of us had very high hopes of finding her. I knew if she was somewhere where she could hear us calling that she would come, but I didn't know what the chances of that actually happening were.

She is the QUEEN of sneaking in to places she shouldn't be and then hiding! Plus she is black so she can be in a dark corner and you could easily miss her. She is inside right now, but I couldn't begin to guess where she is hiding. Maybe she'll come out and sit with me while I watch the NASCAR awards banquet.

Thank goodness you found that pretty girl. What a ride I bet that was for her. Please give her some loving from me and my furchildren.

I absolutely love your idea for a kitty GPS!

What a relief that you found Lemon safe and sound. Poor sweetie must have been awfully scared. I'm very happy to hear that Lemon is home safe and sound. Could I ask you to give her lots of scritchies and lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Jeepers, talk about scary! Lucky for Lemon that she decided to hide and not jump out. My stomach was in knots just reading her story. I'm glad that it had a happy ending. Kitties, they can do it to ya, can't they?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my Gosh!!! That would have scared the hell out of me!!
    So glad that you had the right idea (that she was inside the camper), and that she was still in there!!

Lemon, what an inquisitive girl you are!! You better try to not to get involved in adventures like that! You sure wouldn't want to give your humans a heart attack?

So glad she's back!

Kirsten

And Lemon probably didnt understand what all the fuss was about , its was just a big adventure for Your Dear Friend and Companion.
    That reminds me of the time Pouncierge got out and Tubby 2 was a regular Rescue Cat , he ran found her under the Porch and brought Pouncierge home in his mouth like a Kitten
    And the time Moose got out and was gone for two months, I prayed to Our All Loving Lord God Above and there he was.
    Our Cats act first and then realize they are in danger.
    We are glad your Lemon is home safe and sound!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh my gosh. What a story! I am so glad you found her. I would have been going crazy.

Stop.

The cat crapped in the car, that's all I needed to bust out laughing.

I could see all you all driving down the street, windows down and everyone's head hanging out during the drive.

Ahem,

Here's goes, my best shot.

When life gives you a LEMON?

Get a car air freshener!

When life hands you a Lemon, carry a litterbox with you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

http://www.kansascity.com/450/story/1608756.html

LOVED THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!

The Lemon Cam?

That was a great story! I'd love to have a few of those for my cats.

You would find that part of my Lemon story the best. It was chilly outside and the heat was on in the car. That only made it worse! I had to turn it on cold air coming in from outside. Then mix that with the smell of canned cat food. YUCK! But at least we had Lemon.