Thread: Update on Delta

Update on Delta

Hey guys, haven't posted pictures in awhile. She's grown so much!!! She weighed 8 when we got her and she's up to twenty!!!! She's four months old on Friday. She towers over Remy already. All they do is play fight allll day... Although, Remy is taking a vacation over grandma and grandpas. She has fallen in love with them so much... we're thinking about letting her stay there permanently. We are over there so much, she'd basically still be our dog. They lost their beagle two years ago and have been wanting another one. They have bonded so well with Remy... and the fact that we will still see her so much... we are contemplating it. Like a Christmas present kinda deal.

Anyways... Delta is doing well. She plays with dogs at puppy classes when she's on a leash, but just cowers by me when they are off leash. I have taken her to the dog park a few times (She got her final shots and rabies a bit early because we wouldn't be by our vet for a few weeks after she turned four months) and she has been doing great there. She played with a full grown Siberian husky the other day!!! I just don't get why she doesn't play off leash at puppy classes... She now officially knows Stay, sit, down, shake left, shake right, twirl, wait, up, and she's learning high five. She walks amazingly on the leash already, it is so different from Remy. I think people just thought I didn't spend time teaching Remy to walk, but even the inlaws say they can't get a handle on her walking. Who knows

Anyways, here are pictures!

Delta enjoying her meal

She looks so old in this pic already

Trying to eat the santa hat

Sittin' in the sun

Miss Poofy ears
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

HI Delta! You sure have grown! I love her almost all black ears, and her blue eye.
    Remy sounds like she would do really well over at grandma & grandpa's- especially since you guys are there so much. Let us know what you decide to do!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Hi, Delta, pretty spotty girl! ((((HUG))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hello there, cutie! It's good to see her sweet face again, love the poofy ears pic. How did you manage to keep a santa hat on her? I can't keep anything on Mikey for more then 2 seconds, literally.

Ooh she is gorgeous! Just as striking in every picture.

Niņo & Eliza

I just love her! Glad she is doing so well.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Lol, treats. She focuses in on them. I had one picture that she got up and came straight at me. Lol Other than that she's biting it and batting at it. Lol

awww~ I totally missed this - she's adorable!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Wow, she's got so big! And beautiful!

About the cowering. When she acts like that, don't TALK, TOUCH or LOOK at her. Any attention you give her is rewarding her behaviour (you see it as comfort). Would the instructor/teacher of the class allow you to leave the room? I bet if you let her in for a class and left the room, she would come out of her shell more.

Or, trying running around with her, all over the room. Run up to other puppies (not so crazily that you scare them, though) and shower them with love and run away again, calling Remy. Bring a toy, shove it in her face.. be playful with her. Don't be boring. It'll help her become more outgoing.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I will run away when she isn't looking and she'll just switch between the two people besides me's legs and continue looking for me. I have started walking around the room and allowing her to meet the other dogs instead of just standing between my legs. (Which I used to just move to the side and then she would try to squeeze under mine again). She does decently well with other dogs everywhere else... it's just there that she really cowers, but then she doesn't do it on a leash.

I fear she may be too attached to us because during pass the puppy this last time, (we pass each other's puppy to the people next to us until we're back with our original) she just whineeeed and tried to get back to us. This could be due to the fact that she was tired because she hardly slept that day and we had a busy day (I wouldn't pick her up to let her nap on me because she can't sleep without me unless she's in her cage and we're trying to get her to sleep without us outside her cage. She's doing alright with it). Normally the first few people she will whine, and then just suck it up and deal. Lol

Who knows... she has a mind of her own. I've started locking her in the bathroom with a baby gate for a bit. She'll whine for a minute and then just fall asleep. Lol

Such a pretty girl, and she's growing so fast!
    I've Been Frosted

sooo adorable!
    MY RUGRATS

Ok i am SOOOOO officially dognapping Delta! hahaha! She is SOOOO adorable. And she has grown ALOT! Kisses and belly rubs to a gorgeous girl!

she's adorable!

She's a very pretty girl, thanks for sharing.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!