Thread: Video clip of Gent

Video clip of Gent

Threw a bareback pad on Gent and went for a little spin as a nasty storm was coming in. Didn't want him to get really hot so we didn't work too hard. Don't mind my husband's lovely commentary LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwQIsvCXXA

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

What a nice little canter, you guys look GREAT! He's come a long ways, hasn't he?

Do you have a side pass bootcamp I can enlist Miss Mare in? lol It still hasn't clicked for her (under saddle) yet.

Oh, my goodness! Gent, I agree with the commentary, that is awesome! I love the part at about :50 (after side steps to your left/my right as I watch) where you dip your head just a tiny bit -- looks like you're taking a bow! YAAAY! You are so handsome and I enjoyed watching you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Do you have a fence you can put her on? That really helped me teach him. I face him toward the fence and hold him with my hands so he doen't turn and than just put light pressure until he moves even a little to the side, whichever way I'm asking. Then let go right away. He learned it in one day with the help of the fence. That really made a big difference, so if you can use a fenceline to practice that will really help. Under actual saddle he's a bit more responsive. He is sometimes naughty with the bareback pad on LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post
    What a nice little canter, you guys look GREAT! He's come a long ways, hasn't he?

Do you have a side pass bootcamp I can enlist Miss Mare in? lol It still hasn't clicked for her (under saddle) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    Do you have a fence you can put her on? That really helped me teach him. I face him toward the fence and hold him with my hands so he doen't turn and than just put light pressure until he moves even a little to the side, whichever way I'm asking. Then let go right away. He learned it in one day with the help of the fence. That really made a big difference, so if you can use a fenceline to practice that will really help. Under actual saddle he's a bit more responsive. He is sometimes naughty with the bareback pad on LOL.
    We've tried the fence "trick" and she attempts to back...every single time. (argh!) When I correct her, she visibly becomes confused/irritated because she doesn't know what I'm asking. It's weird because on the ground, she'll sidepass, no problem. But under saddle, it's a different story. (She can be a bit of a ditz sometimes... kinda like her mom. )

How's Miss Diva?

LOL silly mare you have, who I have also not seen in forever. Updates young lady! I want to see pics!

I have a longish video clip of Diva I'll put up but don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing. We are working on retraining and she is a bit pacy now but she's been through a lot. Had a nasty bout with pigeon fever that she is just now fully recovering from. Ended up with a bed sore on her hind pastern, which she wears a special boot for and it's healing. She got the pigeon fever in her head, it was horrid, swollen to twice its size. A few times I thought she might not make it. She was really sick, but she's doing better now.

Here is the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdbWpagyxQ

here's a couple of recent pics of them too

Missy Diva the big fat baby

and Gent, the other big fat baby

"Yes, my mom did just give me a bath."

"No, I really don't LIKE being clean."

"But I LOVE to eat."

Last edited by Vela; 12-02-2009 at 07:07 AM.

They both look GREAT!

I'll work on some pictures of Miss Mare.

Thanks for posting some new pictures and videos of Gent and Diva.
    They both look great! Give them each a big hug from me.

Zippy-kat, I would love to see some new pictures of Summer too.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy