Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Boo needs prayers and well wishes...

Lady Boo needs prayers and well wishes...

I noticed last night that Boo was limping really bad. I knew what had happened... I had put the baby gate back up to keep Amy out of my bedroom and my bet was she injured herself jumping over it. I promised her last night if she was still hurting this morning, I would take her to the vet.... just to make sure it was her arthritis and not something else...

Now, I just want to cry. It is something else. She has tore her ligament in her leg that holds her knee in place. The options for treatment is # 1.. surgery, but at her age this is not much of a option, not even if that surgery only cost $1... Next is to just treat the pain and give it time to heal on it's own and TRY to keep her off of it. She got a shot for pain that should last 48 hours and then drops for pain to give her every other day. It is breaking my heart seeing her limp in the pain she is in, especially knowing it was something I did that caused her to get hurt.. Want to talk about feeling guilty?!

Anyway, could you send prayers for a fast recovery and the pain meds to work better than they seem to be right now.. I am just SO outdone that she is in ANY pain that my heart is breaking... I just want to cry!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm so sorry Lady Boo is hurt, but you can't beat yourself up; there are all kinds of things every day kitties can do to hurt themselves. If it wasn't this she tried to jump, it would have been something else - don't do that to yourself.

Can they put a restraint on the leg of some kind?

Lady Boo, prayers you feel better soon, sweetie, your Mom is so worried!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Laura, I'm so sorry this happened, but please don't beat yourself up.

I hope the pain medication will work and Boo has started feeling better. any chance of putting a bandage on to keep it in place? Of course, that would require a cone on her head to prevent her from getting it off.

Fister and I are sending purrs and positive thoughts to Boo and to you. What a beautiful girl she is.

(((hugs)))
    Last edited by Randi; 11-27-2009 at 01:07 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry to hear this! Doesn't she realize that she's not a young lady anymore and can no longer do the things she used to do? Prayers coming from all of us

Oh no Poor Wittle Lady Boo.. Hope you get better soon.. Sending Lots of Purrss & Prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

All my best wishes for Boo- I hope that the amazing self-healing powers of cats will kick in.

Love and purrs and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9643816) for dear Lady Boo, who has a nasty torn ligament in her leg. May she recover quickly and comfortably, with effective pain medications to ease her healing, and soon be back in good form.

And for her Meowmie Laura, purrs and positive thoughts and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9643916) to soften your sadness and undeserved feelings of guilt about Boo's mishap. You did nothing careless or irresponsible to cause this. Sometimes something like this just happens, for every one of us, in spite of everything we do to keep our babies safe.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Awww thats sad news about Lady Boo hurt her leg.

And when you were trying to keep Lady Boo safe.
    I hate when a Found Cat gets hurt when you are trying to make thier life easier.
    We are praying that Lady Boo gets better soon , and there will be Prayers from the Found Cats Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As long as she in limping, I will beat myself up. She knows her limits... it is ME that forgets.. I won't anymore.. This has scared me!

The vet that saw her was a fill in for the regular vet and soon as she saw her she said "OH! Look at her ear! I LOVE it, it gives her so much character!". I told her that is exactly what I have said every since it got like that. I Love her crooked ear, it is part of what makes her so special.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers for a fast recovery for the lovely Boo.
    I've Been Frosted

I hope she recovers quickly as well. It is terrible when we do our best for our kids and then we feel like we failed them in some manner. Please just don't be too hard on yourself.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Aw, lots of prayers are on the way for sweet Boo and you too!!! The cat kids send gentle head bumpies to her too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Boo, feel better soon. Laura, I know if she could talk she'd tell you not to feel bad. We all make mistakes. Guilt won't make her heal any faster so just give her lots of lovin' and give yourself a dose of forgiveness.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sorry about the ouchie Miss Boo. Hugs and kisses to help make you all better. Please be careful while you heal.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Awww, Boo, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Give your Meowmie some luvvins... she feels bad that you are feeling bad. Maybe some turkey tomorrow will help to ease the pain??!!!

Get well wishes and prayers coming your way for you!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010