Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Winter Jackets - water proof bellies! LOL

New Winter Jackets - water proof bellies! LOL

I've been looking for a jacket that will keep the fluff under carriages dry. I considered the snuggie, learned that wouldn't fit properly. Kept looking until I found what I "think" I want! This is the first time I have had 4 matching outfits on my pups! Well, also the first time I've spent full price, rather than going to the $1 bins and such.

Found at Pet Edge, under the NEW PRODUCTS, made by Guardian Gear. The under side is nylon, so keeps that belly DRY! The top is fleece. The velcro runs the length, across the back!
    http://www.petedge.com/product/Sale/.../896/54556.uts

Here are my models:
    Marlin (who has finally lost enough weight to take the SAME SIZE as the girls!)

Lacey

Tasha

Sugar

I put the step in harnesses under and Tasha's Rope N Go harness over the jackets. I think I like over better. But with the velcro on top, really doesn't matter if you use a harness (or what type) or a collar.

They remind me of wetsuits for skin - and scuba diving! LOL

More pics, we went on our walk.

Marlin and Lacey

Marlin and Tasha

Tasha and Lacey

I tied the leashes together to get some shots of all 4 of them.
    Sugar is in the rear. Marlin is in blue. Tasha is front right, Lacey front left.

They promptly decided to try and get up to me.

Sugar

Just a few more photos to share.

When we got to the apartment complex, I hooked the leashes on a snow plow post, to get more shots of the 4. But trying to get them to stand close was difficult.

Sugar, Marlin, Lacey

Marlin, Lacey, Tasha

I had to move Sugar in to be with the group.

Got home and took off jackets and harnesses. The dog bellies were warm and dry! The jacket black panels were soaked. HOORAY! He he heeeeee

nice! think i might get something like that for Henry. It's crazy how dirty he gets from going on a simple walk since he's so low to the ground

Those are adorable!! It's amazing how you can tell them apart. From the pictures they look identical to me. But you know them and their personalities.

I have a question. How do you know if a dog needs a jacket (other than the obvious - shaking)?
    I'm asking because Taggart's coat is so much thinner than Zoee's. I know Zoee doesn't need one (not that she'd wear one anyway). But you can see Taggarts skin through his fur. I know it doesn't get THAT cold here in California, but there is sometimes frost on the ground. Also, I don't have the problem of his belly getting wet, his legs are long enough. What do you think? Anyone.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Lol that is soooo adorable!!!!! I love them.!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Taz Zoe, shivering is the main thing, I think. A few days ago I hadn't started using jackets yet. We went on a lovely walk at a park we frequent. Stopped to chat with someone and realized Sugar was shivering. We'd been walking over half an hour! So it was time.

Also, certain breeds, you just KNOW. Like chihuahuas, bichons, maltese.

My Lacey will shiver at night if she can't manage to snuggle under the blankets with me. Have the heat on a timed thermostat, it drops to 65 over night. That is not cold, but enough to make them chilled.

Hope that helps!

I may send my friend a link to this - she's got a rescue Mini Schnauzer who LOVES getting his belly dirty ... and beard, but at least this'd protect the tummy!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Taz Zoe, shivering is the main thing, I think. A few days ago I hadn't started using jackets yet. We went on a lovely walk at a park we frequent. Stopped to chat with someone and realized Sugar was shivering. We'd been walking over half an hour! So it was time.

Also, certain breeds, you just KNOW. Like chihuahuas, bichons, maltese.

My Lacey will shiver at night if she can't manage to snuggle under the blankets with me. Have the heat on a timed thermostat, it drops to 65 over night. That is not cold, but enough to make them chilled.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you Sandie. I've never seen him shivering. Of course he is so active so I think he stays warm that way. I will keep an eye on him though as it gets colder.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

They are adorable, Sandie!!! They look so cute in their matching coats. Great pictures.

Cindy:: I can tell if Daisy and Delilah are cold just by looking at them. Daisy gets cold so easy. They both ball up and almost refuse to go out. Also, a big clue with both of them, they lift one paw up in the air. They only do that when they're cold. It's a good thing we live in Florida. Daisy would need clothes all the time if we were in a cold climate.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Your pups look adorable in their new jackets! Keep warm!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

How cute do they look, and Marlin in his manly color! I still don't get how you ever tell them apart either. Do they ever tug at the leash, it's amazing how you can take 4 for a walk at one time. One MIKEY is enough to drive me nuts.

Cindy, a rule of thumb that I've heard - well with greyhounds - but still "If you need a jacket so does your dog". Certain breeds are so delicate to the weather Bichond, Maltese, Chis, Yorkies or any small breed really isn't weather resistant. When I first researched "Pug Beagle mix" I got soo many articles claiming they need coats or jackets. Mikey HATES jackets! He will wear one when if he's forced though, but he isn't phased much. He is so bull-headed and "tough", he definitely got the BEAGLE, absolutely no pug.

Wow, Fluffs! Those are some very nice jackets you are modeling! How long does it take the black panel to dry, and do you just hang it up or do you have to tumble it in the dryer?

This photo is just the best! Freedom, would it be okay with you if I e-mail it to myself at work to show my co-workers? I have a very pet-friendly office.
    Thanks,
    elyse

Sugar is in the rear. Marlin is in blue. Tasha is front right, Lacey front left.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a beautiful group of models you've got there! I want to give them all treats and snuggles. I love the jackets. Autumn has a bigger wardrode than I have. Here in Wisconsin even Naylee, my belgian shepherd, shivers on cold nights indoors. She's got a couple of jackets and a doggie sweatshirt. Its so hard to be a tough looking shepherd when you're wearing a jacket.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Wow, Fluffs! Those are some very nice jackets you are modeling! How long does it take the black panel to dry, and do you just hang it up or do you have to tumble it in the dryer?

This photo is just the best! Freedom, would it be okay with you if I e-mail it to myself at work to show my co-workers? I have a very pet-friendly office.
    Thanks,
    elyse

I just hang it up and let it air dry. This time of year, and on through changing the clocks ahead, we walk once per day so that is enough time for them to dry. In the longer daily light hours, we try to do 2 walks, so not sure what I will do then.

Yes you may circulate my pic, lol. Thanks for asking first! If you want, you can change the identity to make it easier, Tasha in the center. I left it the way it is as there are several pics in a row.

Glad everyone is enjoying seeing my flock of white!

Treats and snuggles have been delivered! THAT was fun! he heee.

They have all been through training classes, at least 2 each. None pulls on the leash, so I walk all 4 daily. I wouldn't have TIME to walk them an hour / 2 miles if I had to split them up!