Sparky never had any real interest in toys - he would rather chill out on any pillow in the house. He's almost 11 now, and when he was real little, did show a little interest in toys. I think he gave up on that idea tho, when bratty sister Myndi would take them away from him. There could be 20 toys laying on the floor, and as soon as Sparky would pick one up, she would be right there to grab it away from him. She's almost 14 now and doesn't have as much interest in them as she used to. Stuffies were her favorite - and she could unstuff one in record time. She liked playing with them better when they were flattened and dismembered - but at least she would play with them. She still has to run and grab a toy to give as a peace offering, or when she wants to play Tug of War with someone.
And funny you should mention the jack toy. Myndi had one for years and she loved it - and never tore it up either. She would sometimes drive me nuts with all the squeakers in it - one in each "arm" of the jack. I wonder what it is that pups seem to like this toy so well???