Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Update on Buckley Prayers needed

I've wracked my brain over this--tissue expanders, generic/lab-grown skin grafts, etc. It'd be SUCH a shame to put down such a great pupper over this, especially since he's doing well with all the treatments. Any chance of hyperbaric oxygen treatments? They'd probably be hard to find.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Poor Buckley. What a terrible thing to have to go thru. Prayers and well wishes going out to all - hoping he can pull thru.

At the risk of being verbally attacked, this is the exact reason why I would never own a Pit or a Chow. I could never trust one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hard lesson learned. Bono initially was not a bad dog, really just a big goof ball, but that chow/pit possessiveness came out. Unfortunately we will now loose Buckley also. Claire, our vet, and I had a difficult heart to heart and we will being putting Buckley to sleep on Tuesday. Even if, and it is a huge if, the vet school could do anything, this would be a multiple surgery procedure to harvest small portions at time and grafting them to see if they would work. It is the same process as would be for a human with burns, months of surgerys. His organs were damaged from the sepsis, infection rates would be high, and no guarantee that it would work. The initial surgery she did Tuesday to start closing off the areas isn't holding. We don't feel that it would be right to put him through so much. He wasn't happy today and didn't feel good. He was ozing again, has that smell, and just wasn't himself. I felt like he was looking at me saying Mom, I've had enough. Please keep us in your prayers Tuesday. As always God's favor on all. Julie
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Oh no. This update makes me so sad, but you are making the right choice for Buckley. I'm so sorry. You and Buckley will definitely be in my thoughts.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Julie - I am so sorry- but I feel that you're doing the right thing for Buckley. I know it will be a terrible loss, but once his quality of life is gone, then it's the most humane thing to do for him. You will both be in my prayers.

Sometimes I wonder why we humans aren't free to make that same decision for ourselves or loved ones. In the end, we can be more kind and humane to our fur kids, than we can to our family.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Blog Entries
    I just got done reading about Buckley. I am so saddened for you & Buckley. You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

I am sorry to hear this, I will keep you and Buckley in my prayers. I think you are making the right decision for him, bless his heart. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

It is a heartbreaking decision, I know, I've done it recently. Take heart in knowing you exhausted all avenues for sweet Buckley. You've gone above and beyond. Hugs for you.

Buckley, sweetie, look for Miss Sasha when you make your glorious trek to the Bridge. I guarantee she will be there with smiles and tail wags for you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So sorry to hear this, but its probably best for him. You'll all be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for you and for sweet Buckley. You and your vet did everything possible.

As loving owners, it is so hard to put our furbabies' feelings before our own, but you are doing the right thing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So very sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to you and your family.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

May I ask why Buckley must wait till Tuesday to be PTS?

Seems kinda ironic that he had to wait to be treated for his injuries and
    now must wait in pain again, to be put down.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MTM,

I just saw this thread and am so sorry! I will say a prayer for Buckley and light a candle.

Love and hugs

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The reason we are waiting until Tuesday is because my husband is off that day and will not get off before the vet closes Monday. I will go and visit Buckley tomorrow as take him some of his favorites to enjoy. Some chicken, his favorite biscuits and a chew toy. He can chew on them now. He lost one canine in the fight and the other was going to have to be pulled because it is crooked. It is hard waiting but we all want to be with him when he goes home to the bridge.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by momtomany View Post
    The reason we are waiting until Tuesday is because my husband is off that day and will not get off before the vet closes Monday. I will go and visit Buckley tomorrow as take him some of his favorites to enjoy. Some chicken, his favorite biscuits and a chew toy. He can chew on them now. He lost one canine in the fight and the other was going to have to be pulled because it is crooked. It is hard waiting but we all want to be with him when he goes home to the bridge.
    I don't think that you needed to explain yourself to anyone. It's a personal family matter, and you've been thru enough trauma already, without having to give out more details.

You and your family and Buckley remain in my prayers. I know that tomorrow will be so very difficult and sad, but I want you to know that you are not alone.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013