Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question of the day - November 14th!

Hybrid View

Question of the day - November 14th!

What are you allergic to?

I am allergic to grapefruit and grass.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Luckily I am not aware of being alergic to anything.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Too much to list - dust, pollens of all sorts, kitties, and many, many food, including beef, celery, carrots, citrus ... and I could bore you with everything, but this time of year, cranberries are a huge allergy, sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm allergic to grass. Ever since I was little-and still-I can't get in the grass and roll around or anything. I'll break out and itch forever!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I have two bizarre allergies...horseradish and gin. Seriously.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am allergic to pollen in the spring.. but that's about it.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Well, unfortunatly I'm really allergic to cats. But food wise, almonds and water melons. It's the weirdest thing, when I eat them my throat and my ears itch!! What is up with that?!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

No known allergies, although certain times of year, I wonder.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I think I'm allergic to Penicillin. Not sure though because when I was three years old my mom and I were both sick and she discovered she was allergic to Penicillin. So we aren't sure if I was just copying mom or if I was really sick. But I've never had Penicillin since.

I am also allergic to citrus fruits. If I have too much I develop annoying cold sore like sores in my mouth. It took a while to discover this. When I was young I LOVED to eat pineapple rings out of the can. My mom finally put two and two together and found out my sores in my mouth were from citrus. I used to also LOVE orange juice. I can have a sip of juice or a wedge of an orange. More than that and I'll regret it later.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Well, unfortunatly I'm really allergic to cats. But food wise, almonds and water melons. It's the weirdest thing, when I eat them my throat and my ears itch!! What is up with that?!

I have the same reaction but not just to watermelon. Tomatoes, oranges, most juicy type fruits also cause to happy. I used to think that it was something to do with the juice, but I've also had bananas cause it. It doesn't stop me from eating any of them either though. Just a minor annoyance. I forget that I have it until after I've eaten and then notice myself scratching at the sides of my mouth.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Dust and pollen and maybe a few other things that I'm unaware of. So far no food allergies.

My only known allergy is codine. I was out walking the dogs today and
    someone was burning leaves.(A no no in the city) I love the smell of burning
    leaves, but now I'm so stuffed up , it's hard to breath through my nose.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My biggest allergies are dust and mold/mildew. I have a mild allergy to cats, but I luckily have built up a tolerance to my own and they rarely bother me anymore. My chinchillas can send me into a sneezing frenzy too, that may be because of the dust baths they take though. Oh, and avocados give me horrible headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    My husband gets an itchy throat and ears when he eats most any nut and a whole list of fruits.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

My allergies have grown and gotten worse the older I've gotten. It stinks. I am allergic to all things green outdoors but that doesn't stop me. I can live with the hives. I am allergic to apples, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries, pretty much anything that's acidic. I try to have them in very small amounts, if at all. I've also just learned I am VERY allergic to smoke, spending 5 days with my parents who both smoke like chimneys just about put me over the edge.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Sulfa and Keflex( which I just found out by a very itchy, head to toe rash). cilantro (sorry Richard), peppers, cucumbers (upset tummy).

I've been Boooo'd!