Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is the rudest question...

What is the rudest question...

you've ever been asked? i've been reading some on another forum and now i'm curious. given that this is an animal lovers site, the question to me was why would you spend so much money on 'just' a dog?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

In real life, I once had a neighbor ask me "No kids? What's wrong with you?" in a way that I knew he thought was being funny. Suffice to say he will never do that ever again.
    I've Been Frosted

This is not pet related at all, but VERY rude. Last year I stopped coloring my hair for about 6 months. I was going through a health food/lifestyle phase and trying not to use many chemicals.

Went to a family party for one of the little ones. My niece's husband looked at me and said...wow Aunt Helen, can't you afford hair color any longer? I couldn't believe it. This is a guy that pretty much will say anything. I laughed it off but just seriously thought to myself...what the heck?!?

"It smells in here. Do you take a bath every day?" from a college roomate. She was a total holier than thou "princess" beeyotch. I ended up swapping rooms with somebody else.... ummmm.... with a darker skin tone just like hers, and she never had any issues at all with them.

I don't know if it's the rudest question we've ever been asked but it is one that I HATE.

"so how much money do you make"

I dont' know I was just always taught that you don't ASK people that... of course this same person spent the whole week talking about money and asking how much this friend makes and how much this person makes and how much is your bonus and blah blah blah. I just can't stand the money obsession

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

This question was not only rude but uncalled for, "how can you stand living with a cat"? I cannot post here what my answer to that was but I'm sure you all have an idea.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

The ruddest question I was asked was when I worked as a grocery store cashier.

One of the customers I was checking out asked me 'how long till the bread was out of the oven' (bad way of asking when the baby is due).......

I was not pregnant!

Just because someone has on a loose flowing top and happens to have a pudgy looking belly, does not make one pregnant!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Hmm, rudest question I've been asked? Probably when it comes to my hearing disability. "Can you hear?" in the wrong situation.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    In real life, I once had a neighbor ask me "No kids? What's wrong with you?" in a way that I knew he thought was being funny. Suffice to say he will never do that ever again.
    What did you do with the body?

------------

LOL,
    The gal I was dating asked me (Remember, I am half Mexican...) "What do you eat on Thanksgiving"?

I kept a straight face and told her, "Tacos, burritos, rice and beans".

She had a stunned look on her face and I laughed like a drunken idiot and told her, "what do YOU think?"

I am still laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I've been asked that question a million times.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    The ruddest question I was asked was when I worked as a grocery store cashier.

One of the customers I was checking out asked me 'how long till the bread was out of the oven' (bad way of asking when the baby is due).......

I was not pregnant!

Just because someone has on a loose flowing top and happens to have a pudgy looking belly, does not make one pregnant!
    I was asked that once too. I was standing in a checkout line and the lady in line in front of me was very obviously pregnant. The cashier asked her when her baby was due and the lady told her. Then the cashier turned to me and asked when my baby was due. I turned bright red as I told her I wasn't pregnant.

Like you I was wearing a shirt that was loose and I hold my extra weight in my belly.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

The rudest question is one I've been asked alot lately.

Why didn't you leave sooner?

Unless you've been emotionally abused you will never understand, I couldn't.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oooooo! It would take a book to write up what lead up to a Captain asking me this..

"What KIND of relationship do you and "Captain X" have anyway, that he allows that?".. I told him REAL quick that I didn't like how that sounded at ALL! I was highly insulted that someone that had only known me for several days would judge me in any way...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

"So when are you and hubby going have have kids of your own?"
    I ALWAYS replied: "They're teenagers... the best birth control imaginable."

And when I was single:
    "So why are you still single?" If I knew why, I wouldn't have been single, now would I have been?

I was asked the old "When is your baby due?" question. I replied, "Two months ago." Bummed me out on two levels: one, that I was obviously still fat two months after giving birth and two, that I was too poor to buy new clothes.

I also get various versions of "OMG, how can you STAND to have that many dogs in your house?"
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien