Thread: Computer/Xbox360 Games

Computer/Xbox360 Games

Hey I have a question! I know some people on here like to play computer games or xbox games, so I was wondering what ones you guys play! I only have 2 computer games Sims 3 and Sims Pet Stories. My fiancee is a computer/xbox game FREAK and loves them and has a ton. I want to start learning how to play xbox and other computer games so i can play with him but I don't know what ones are simple to start out on. Any suggestions would be great! So what ones do you play?

We have a PS3, but a lot of games are on both the PS3 and the 360. There are a few games my husband and I like and play together. The one we play most is Rock Band. We also like Little Big Planet, I'm not sure if that's on both systems though. I know there's more, but I can't think of them now.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Since I use Linux, there isn't really a great variety of games, but the ones I do play are all free and mostly open source (and most of them run on Windows):

• Sauerbraten
    • Urban Terror
    • Battle for Wesnoth
    • Netrek
    • The Ur-Quan Masters
    • Alien Arena

I'm a PC game nut! Some of the ones I'm playing now are: Fable the Lost Chapters (better on the pc than the xbox IMO), Rouge Trooper (also on the xbox), Mirrors Edge (a 360 game as well), Airport Mania, and Guitar Hero 3 (yes on the PC, its fun! Takes a high end graphics card though)
    What I like about 360 games on the PC is that since the controllers for the 360 are USB they *most times lol* will have the same controls for the PC version as the 360 version. Makes transtioning between the two really easy. The drawback is a lot of the 360 games need a good graphics card to run, since I like PC gaming better than console gaming anyhow I just took the console price and put it towards my computer instead of buying a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellow View Post
    Since I use Linux, there isn't really a great variety of games, but the ones I do play are all free and mostly open source (and most of them run on Windows):

• Sauerbraten
    • Urban Terror
    • Battle for Wesnoth
    • Netrek
    • The Ur-Quan Masters
    • Alien Arena
    Thanks for these I'm going to be on Netrek and Urban Terror today...maybe Alien Arena too. I love FPSs...and Star Trek

I just though of another game you may enjoy playing together- Portal, which is part of The Orange Box. It's technically a one player game, but it's a lot of fun to watch and help the other person. You can always take turns with the controller if you'd like. It's a kind of a puzzle-type and it's got a lot of humor to it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    Thanks for these I'm going to be on Netrek and Urban Terror today...maybe Alien Arena too. I love FPSs...and Star Trek
    Netrek takes a *ton* of skill and experience to play well (may be why it has virtually died out). After over three years of playing, I still get utterly rewled sometimes.

In any case, if you see a person named "Hellow" on any of those, it's me.

With Urban Terror, I play on the Alpha Clan's servers.

On Netrek, I play on pickled.netrek.org

Thanks guys! I just went through the list with Michael and hes heard about all of them. He says he might have Portal. The games he likes to play are like Dungen and Dragons, Demon Souls, Dragon Age, Fallout 3, Borderlands etc. Things that require shooting and such and they are pretty tough games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda_Rae View Post
    Things that require shooting and such and they are pretty tough games!!!
    I have reactions that are generally much faster than kids my age.

Guess why.

Games. Actually, more specifically Netrek than anything (games on there get intense and require fast reactions to play effectively).

my bf has an Xbox and plays a lot of the sci-fi shooter stuff like halo and Gears of War. He also really really liked Portal. It was too confusing to me, LOL

I don't think I can help too much here. I own only two game systems (Sega Genesis and Play Station One) and I wouldn't trade them for any other system in the world. lol

I'd have an atari if I could find one for a decent price. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022