Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Portraits

Amy, you sure are talented. I'm also interested in getting a pet portrait done of all 3 of my cats. It's not a Christmas gift so I'll wait until some time early next year when you aren't as busy. I've also bookmarked your site for future reference.

Floppsy you said you got very good grades in school - so I don't think your foolish enough to think you'll live for free!!! LOL! I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post! You will need tens of thousands of dollars when you are older! Without money, you won't be able to get a roof on your head or take care of your pets or even yourself! Mom and Dad do it all for you now so you don't realize yet (like I do ) but you're going to need FAR more than $45 dollars when you are older! And of course Amy charges for doing the portraits! It takes her hours to do the job and she needs the money for Nebo's vet appoinments!FloppsyladySallyetc,
    You Will need money!! I agree with Amy, it don't come cheap!!!! Stay with your parents as long as you can!!! I wish I would have and I have been out for 4 years!!!

Thank you, I am aware of that.

Amy you are incredibly talented. You work is amazing. Our budget is low now because we did a bunch of updating to our house, but at some point I will buy one (or more) or your portraits.

Thanks everyone!

Popcornbird, I hope to be able to see your drawings soon! They sound magnificent! Unfortunately I can't say I have any "real" artists in my background. Although both my mom and dad used to draw a lot (don't any more) and my grandmother (dad's side) and grandfather (mom's side) were very good at drawing...from the few drawings I have seen.

Turner, I know it is hard to choose a pic! I have HUNDREDS of my dogs, lol. I can use several pics to make one too.

Krazyaboutkatz, ok just let me know! After christmas I'm usually not busy. It comes and goes.

AdoremyDogs, I'd love to whenever you are ready! Graham, Kersey, and Minion are soooooo cute!!

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Thanks everyone!

Popcornbird, I hope to be able to see your drawings soon! They sound magnificent! Unfortunately I can't say I have any "real" artists in my background. Although both my mom and dad used to draw a lot (don't any more) and my grandmother (dad's side) and grandfather (mom's side) were very good at drawing...from the few drawings I have seen.
    I think you must have turned out to be the REAL artist in your family! Seriously, your drawings are great! Do you draw anything besides animals? I enjoy drawing sceneries, houses, flowers, etc.

Wow! They are beautiful!! I too will keep you in mind after Christmas. I would love a watercolor of all three cats.

I have a question though...if I like one picture with Noah and Noel in it, and a separate one with Basil in it, can you join them together into one painting?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Aww thanks Popcornbird, that was so sweet! Yes I do draw other things besides animals...when forced. lol. HERE is a link for the folder I call "other art." Actually, I have some better stuff then that. But I haven't scanned anything in a loooong time. I usually forget to add stuff that isn't "pet portraits" either. I'll have to look and see what I have, I actually did a lot of non-animal art in AP art last year.

NoahsMommy, yes I can do that. I do that all the time.....most of the drawings I have of multiple animals are a combination of several pics.

Amy you are my new role model lol. One of my dreams is to become an artist (as a hobby, not an occupation) and I probably could only do half as good as you. Of course my parents would never let me get a portrait for $45, simply because they do not understand pets like us. They consider them as, well, pets, not friends or parters or whatever. They never let me get anything or do anything to the pets that costs money, except getting them groomed (which is a must with Lady's coat!!). and vet appointments. Sad, really, my pets will be treated like royalty when I grow up. Ha, such a looooooong time away.....

I've thought of selling some of my drawings & paintings, but I couldn't do it, I just ended up giving them away for free, but I have been asking for donations to pay for the pencils/paint & paper. But my art was only wanted when I was young, now that I'm older no one cares about it.

one of my last drawings for someone was of a bull moose walking in water, the guy said he would pay me $10.00 if I drew it for him, so I did & when I finished he said he never asked me to draw anything & said he would never pay for a drawing. I never took money after that.

This took me 9hr to do on the comp, I did it on mspaint

All of these are some of my not so good drawings/paintings, I just don't have the good ones on the comp yet. My best & first painting was stolen at an art contest. Boy do I ever miss it, it took my 10 hrs to paint it, it was in black & white, it was great. But I did win 1st place for it, I have the ribbon.

You are a wonderful artist! I already have three pictures in mind for when the holiday rush is over...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Thanks FloppsyLadySally54! Well, I hope that your dream comes true! I would start now by taking lots of art classes, and practicing as much as you can!

kingrattus, those are some awesome drawings! I really like the bones one. That dragon is sweet too! I'm sorry to hear that your favorite painting was stolen! I know when you spend so much time on a painting, you become very attached to it.....I have some that I spent so much time frustrated and messing with, I think I am too attached to them to ever get rid of them, lol. I have a large wolf oil painting that I did for my senior project. I hated that drawing basically the entire time I was painting it, but now it's grown on me and I could never give it up! What was the painting that was stolen of?

Thanks WolfChan! Anyone is welcome to order a portrait right now and reserve your place in line, I just can't guarantee when I will be able to start on it, lol.

~~Amy