Thread: Urgent!!!

Urgent!!!

Got an email today from a Chris B. 16 kittens ranging in age from 8-16 weeks old and two adults ages 7-12 months were dumped in a box at the Southington Veterinary Hospital. It is URGENT that these cats either get placed or find foster homes ASAP as the owner of the hospital said all will be killed. This is a desperate situation. All cats will be tested and vaccinated. You can contact Dr.Ayotte at 860 621-9328.

Chris B has offered to transport. Her # is 860-543-3338.

If there is ANYONE out there that can help these kits, please, I'm begging you. They certainly don't deserve to die.

Thanks guys.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

Southington Veterinary Hospital

... as the owner of the hospital said all will be killed.
    Sure hope that Kind Thought gets published in the media.

Otta do wonders for their business.

Phred,

Actually, it was ME who used the word kill. Euthanasia is for animals who are sick and cannot be helped. Killing a perfectly healthy animal IS killing, plain and simple. Remember - CATS NAP, ONLY HUMANS PUT THEM TO SLEEP.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Update!!!!

I just spoke with the vet tech at the vet hospital and she assured me none of the cats would be killed. They do not euthanize unless the cats are sick and cannot be helped. I called because I wanted to get the media involved. That's a relief. I'm still going to call the newspapers to see if they can put something in so people would know about the situation and possibly help.

If I can help out with transport I'd be glad to. Sorry I can't take in anymore cats at the moment.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I've notified my contacts at the different newspapers to see if they'd run a story on it to get these guys adopted. We'll see what happens.

Donna you know that I'm here to help transport. It seems I've been making runs every 2-3 weeks from Jersey to Mass.
    GILL & Crew;

Thanks John, I appreciate it!!

I posted this on Facebook, I don't have a lot of friends but maybe someone can help out.

Melissa

I spoke with the vet this morning. He asked me NOT to put an article in the paper about it because he fears it'll attract more morons dumping their animals. He thanked me for trying to help and I told him I posted about it here and there were people here willing to do transports if need be. The cats here mostly adults with about 4 kittens.

So there ya have it, folks!!