Everyone please make sure your babies are up to date on their shots and boosters. The reason I am reminding you is that a guy who works with Jeff called him the other night and said that he and his son had been bitten by a rabid cat. They have to undergo a series of shots (of course) which is particularly traumatic for his 7 year old son.

What we didn't know was how it happened. Somehow the cat managed to enter his home and went after the son, then the father. Nick, (the father) had to resort to beating and kicking the animal to get it to let go. They finally got it outside, but not before the cat went after their two cats, and all ended fighting.

Yesterday Nick came home and the Health Dept. was waiting for him; their pets have to be euthanized because they are 6 months behind on their booster shots.

It's awful enough to have to deal with a vicious attack of this sort, but it's beyond sad to know that their innocent animals have to be put to sleep.

I know I am as guilty for putting things off as anyone else, but never again! When we went to the vet back last winter, I debated not getting their shots because they are indoor cats. The vet reminded me that I would be in a world of trouble if one of my boys nipped or bit someone. That was enough to convince me. Even though they are indoor pets, they will go and on time!