Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the ONLY 1?

Am I the ONLY 1?

ok here is the deal. I was talking to one of my friends on line this morning and we were talking about Tucker and how spoiled he is. She seems to think I am obsessed lol with my son! As most of us do I have a web site for him.. in fact I have a couple lol but the thing is I also have a baby book for him! Yes just like a lil human baby! It has everything in it.. from the reciept from his first toy and bag of dog food to some of his hair and nearly all of his puppy teeth that fell out. Since he has his own e mail address I even printed up all his e mails from when I first indroduced him to all his new family online!
    So my question to all of you is this.. How many of you have " Baby" books? am I obsessed? lol

Hugz

Drake has his own puppy book. He also has more picture than Andrew and I combined. I have more pictures of him from the past 2 years than I have pictures of semster of college!! (I have lots f pictures from college and my sorority!)

Drake is very spoiled. Not only does he get doggy massages every day, but we go to certain places just because he enjoyed it. Or we won't go to visit certain people coz he doesn't them. I spend my lunch break at the house so that he can get out and play for an hour. Is he spoiled,? I think so! Perhaps I am a bit obssessed, well maybe a lot obssessed So what?! Is there anyting wrong with that? No way! Parents spoil their skin kids too. At least mine will never talk back to me, will never go out all night and keep me up worried, he will never complain about it not being cool to hug me or be seen in public with me. And no matter how exciting things maybe, I will always be the apple of his eye

lol ok ok you sound just like me! With in having Tucker just 1 month I had already used 4 rolls of 36 expo. AS Alan and I cannot have children our ourselves Tucker is our son! In fact when my parents are here in town at their house ( they travel a lot) My mom will call and ask " can Tucker come play at grandma and GrandPAWs house?" She is the reason I taught Tucker to say Hi because when they are on the road shes calls to talk to him lol( more than she calls to talk to us)
    Yesterday I told Tucker His Grandma was on the phone lol he jumped all over me and was licking the phone!

Were you able to find and keep any of Drakes baby teeth? lol I found a couple of Tuckers by sitting on them on the couch and the last one he spit out into my hand! lol I guess he knew!

Hugz

No Baby book for my two although they did have there own blankets last night. We never found Katie's baby teeth and I got Bull @ 9 months so I guess he had lost his by then. We say my parents are Katie's Mom and Dad and Bull's Grandma and Grandpa. My fiancée’s parents call Bull their step-grandpup. I think it’s just an animal lover thing!

BTW: Most of the shots on my digital camera are of the dogs or the cats.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

No you certainly aren't the only one! I'm still looking for an official puppy book--I have seen them before, but now that I am looking...there's none to be found. But I have all kinds of things that are ready to be put in them. So far we have found 5 teeth (one this morning!) and I think he has like 2 to go.

I so agree with Souraya...Malone will never scream at me in the grocery store, keep me up late wondering where he is and why hasn't he phoned, turn his nose up at what I made for dinner, and will always greet me with a wag & a kiss. When we first got him, I was accused by someone of treating him as my idol. I told Mark later that my response should have been, "And SO???" the saying definitely fits--"love me, love my dog" We take Malone everywhere, and generally if he can't go, we don't go. Some of our family isn't too impressed, but that's OK...I'm not impressed with them either.

I haven't found a puppy book...but I have a feeling that if I did, I'd probably buy it lol. I haven't found ANY of Nebo's teeth! It's weird....I found quite a few of Reggies. Nebo is S P O I L E D. Everyone tells me that. He has about every kind of treat possible....I just bought 2 new bags and a toy today. lol. He has tons of toys too. I've found I don't spend any money on myself anymore--every extra thing I buy is for him! I really enjoy buying him stuff, it's fun to see how he reacts. I have TONS of photos of him. It's pathetic! (You wouldn't believe how many I have of Reggie and Smokey either--world's most photographed dogs!). I'm sure I've taken at least 4 rolls of film of him too. It would be more if I didn't have the digital camera. I'm betting I have over 300 pics of him on my computer. He goes lots of places with me too. Melissa and I like to take Lady and Nebo...they go to Petco/Petsmart...the park...just for a ride..etc.

My parents call him their "red-headed grandchild." Lol, they only have a granddaughter, so they are always calling Nebo their favorite grandson! lol. They were completely against me getting a dog for all of these years, and they told me when I did get a dog that it had to live outside. Ha ha ha.

I made Drake's puppy book myself. I bought a photo album and chose a puppy pattern to cover it in. I got a scrap book kit and stickers and made everything myself. I have one tooth. It was the last one! He had lost all the others at the shelter.

Wooo Hooo ! ! I am normal lol at least here on pet talk lol Tuckers baby book is done like Drakes! I made it myself only instead of an album I used and decorated a large binder with custome decorated papers and I also used plastic covers for the really important papers and things. After reading some of the responses here I did a lil looking and found this site...http://www.puppyandkitty.com/puppy.html
    They have a puppy book there that is sooooooooo cute I wish I would have found it first

here is another site I found too lol

http://www.sctretrievers.com/

you are not obsessed, we all are. lol I carry a brag book of Tango that say my furry child on the front in my purse at all times.
    http://209.25.252.221/PhotoX/ImageServer.psp?Cmd=RenderImage&I=://I1_1$\173000\173301\curr\6312248_20020920_161512_2 0020920161512.jpg

I think I like the idea of making my own now that I think about it! We have one for another dog, and some of the pages weren't relavant. So with a truly custom one, there wouldn't be that issue, and I can add as many pages as I want!! Thanks for the idea!

Around here your not crazy at all, in fact your very normal

My dogs don't have their own baby book, but they do have photo albums (yep, albums-plural!) I really went crazy when we got Roxey! I took tons of pictures & quite frankly it was getting kind of expensive, so that's why I bought a digital camera. Now I can take as many pics as I want!

I spend more money on the dogs than I do myself, like everyone else. If I want something, it can wait, I'd rather buy something for my babies! They have so many toys....bones, stuffies, balls (lots of those!) and chews. I spare no expense when it comes to them. Needless to say, since we just spent $500 on a kennel and fencing because the girls did escaping act this past weekend!

I only found 1 of Roxey's teeth & one of Keisha's, but I have quite a few of Angus's.

My mother in law even made her granddog his own personal bed, and brought along her camera to take a pic of him on it for the first time! Think it's big enough?!

I think she loves him even more than some of her grandchildren (but she'd never tell them that!).

We also can't have children of our own, so they are our children, and there's nothing at all wrong with that!

My cousin made me 2 purses, one with Angus's pic & one with Roxey's pic, so I can show them off wherever I go!

So don't feel alone, we all love our furbabies
    ALOT!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna, I absolutely positively CANNOT show Malone that picture of Angus on his pillow...he'd be too jealous!

LOL Anna!

Sometimes he has to share it with Roxey!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Mac has his very own scrapbook for a photo album! It takes me several hours to design each page, but it's really enjoyable and a great stress reliever. I've always loved crafts, and it's about a billion times more fun when it involves my baby Mac somehow! Hee hee! I even bought a spare scrapbook in the hopes of getting a second puppy someday, and making a scrapbook for her too. Well, guess what...my new pup Mei comes home on Halloween, and I'm already getting her book ready!!

I probably have literally thousands of photos of Mac. I never get tired of taking pictures of him, and as you might imagine, he sure knows how to pose for the camera by now!! Talk about your fancy dog training, huh?!? Ha ha!!
    ** Emily, McGwire "Mac" the Maltese & Mei the Shih Tzu **

Well I certainly think you are quiet normal.

I have my desk full of dog pictures at work
    and only a handful of family human pics.
    My sisters all talk about their children, and
    I talk about my dogs.
    Every Mother's Day my family gives me
    a mother's Day card from my doggies,
    so I will not feel left out.

----<---<--<{(@