Thread: Corinna - an inspiration

Corinna - an inspiration

Corinna, a beloved member of PT, left this earth on November 3, 2006. I did not know her; I was not a member of PT at the time. I have seen her name since I've joined and did some searching-I'm glad I did. I thought it would be fitting on All Saints Day, and almost the anniversary of her passing, to do a tribute, as she continues to inspire.

Corinna was someone who cared for all living beings. She seemed to make sure everyone around her knew they were valued and loved. Corinna made sure everyone's needs and wants were attended to; she gave her time and devotion to animal causes, the members of this forum, and those in her life; fur and human. I found this out just by looking at posts here and cannot imagine how fortunate those in her life felt by knowing her.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I would like to say Corinna's legacy would be to take care of each other, take care of the animals, and take care of yourself. In light of how she passed, the last may be the most important legacy; take care of yourself. You can't ignore your health and well being.

Corinna, I did not know you, but I know you're missed and loved by many. I would like those who knew her, and maybe didn't, to write any inspirational thoughts regarding her impact on their lives. I know she's taking care of our babies who have gone to the Bridge. Peace.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Very nice. I had only been part of PT about 3 months, barely getting to know the pets; humans tend to come second, lol. So I didn't know her, either. But I saw the impact she had on this community, at the time of her passing, and so wished I'd had the opportunity to know her.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What a wonderful gesture, Maggie. I didn't know her either, but have read some about her, and it seems that she was a very caring and compassionate individual. This world needs more people such as she. I wish I had the privilege of knowing her as some of the older PT members did, and I too hope that they will share with us relative "newbies", their thoughts and memories of Corinna.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Corinna was a wonderful woman. I had the pleasure of sharing a few pms with her. She made a scarf out of my RB Mandy's fur, a treasure as it is a part of both Mandy and Corinna. We spoke a few times about the loss of our furkids, her Merlin and my Mandy. She was a very kind person and is sadly missed.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Corrina was a lovely woman, taken from those that loved her entirely too soon. I have the quilt she made J from the patches others sent in. It will be treasured always.

Yes Corinna was a Dear Loving Deep Hearted Woman.. She has been Missed so Much.. She did love animals & loved her dogs.. Yes she left this earth way too soon.. However I just know she is in the rocking chair up at RB with all of our beloved PT babies comforting them..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I never PMed her but I felt that I knew her by her wonderful posts and her caring attitude towards everyone.

Corinna, you are missed here but I know you are at the Rainbow Bridge, watching over all of us!

She was certainly a special woman and I'll never forget the kindness and generousity she showed towards The Muttlies and I. She had a special love for my Simba boy.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Corinna was a wonderful woman who touched everyone on Pet Talk if you took the time to get to know her.

It was a terrible shock when we lost her - a devastation for her family.

All of us have been blessed by her as she crossed our paths.

I feel blessed to be one of the fortunate few who spent time with Corinna and I even met her Mom and Dad and furfamily. I remember thinking "here is this PTer who doesn't know me from adam and she's introducing me to her family." I had a wonderful time with her and that is a time that will never fade from my memory.

Corinna, you are in a better place. I will see you again some day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I remember Corinna well. She was a lovely woman and posted some really sweet and caring replies here. I didn't get to know her personally, but some day I will meet her at the RB. I choose to believe that she has met John up there, and they are sitting together having a cup of coffee and stroking the furkids.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.