Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a City Game......... Geography anyone

Xiamen was the port of trade first used by Europeans (mainly the Portuguese) in 1541. It was China's main port in the nineteenth century for exporting tea. As a result, Hokkien (also known as the Amoy dialect) had a major influence on how Chinese terminology was translated into English and other European languages. For example, the words "Amoy", "tea" (茶; tê), "cumshaw" (感謝; kám-siā), "ketchup" (茄汁; kiô-chap), and "Pekoe" (白毫; pe̍h-ko

Also has a famous and respected university.

Xi'an - home of the famous Terracotta Army!

(Sorry, X is easy if you live here in China)

N is next to try.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Lets get back on track. we had two responses one ending in N and one ending in A

Napa California ........Napa Valley is one of the premier travel destinations in the world. Breathtaking views abound at every turn – mustard in the late winter, picturesque rolling hills planted with vineyards year-round and wineries of every stature dot the landscape.

Andalusia, Alabama .......I lived here from 1976 to 1981. I owned and managed a Yamaha/Suzuki
    dealership. ---Home of the World Domino Tournament.

Next is A
    Last edited by kokopup; 11-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.

I'll do the A... Acapulco, Mexico.

O is next!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Old Crow, Yukon. Old Crow is a small town of about 300 aboriginal people; known as the Vuntut Gwitchin. Old Crow is located at the confluence of the Crow and Porcupine Rivers. The Olympic Torch will arrive there TOMORROW the 4th at 11 CST

Next is W

Windhoek, Namibia. That's in Africa!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

This is such a great game. I played this with the kids on car rides so many years ago. There are some great books out there as well with odd town and city names that I used to own. The kids really benefited from this type of game and learned their geography very well.
    Are we still on W? Lets see
    West Burra which is part of the Shetland Islands. In honor of the pony I used to have.

Knoxville, Tennessee!!

It was just the first "k" that came to mind. Great Bourbon Whiskey, Bluegrass and Mountain music come out of that area!

E is next!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Enfield, a town in Connecticut, which surrounds Southwick, MA on 3 sides!

D is next.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

9. Dearborn Michigan - in honor of the great results Ford Motor Company posted yesterday! The River Rouge Ford assembly plant is located in Dearborn. It was the first totally integrated manufacturing facility and the site of a famous battle in the history of US Labor.

N

Nelson a beautiful city at the top of the south Island New Zealand.

Next is 0
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oshkosh is a city in Winnebago County, Wisconsin, United States, located where the Fox River enters Lake Winnebago. The metropolitan area is 159,972 people.

Oshkosh was named for Menominee Chief Oshkosh, whose name meant "claw"(cf. Ojibwe oshkanzh, "the claw").

Next is H

Helsinki -Swedish: Helsingfors, is the capital and largest city in Finland. It is in the southern part of Finland, on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, by the Baltic Sea. The population of the city of Helsinki is 579,016 (30 June 2009), making it the most populous municipality in Finland by a wide margin. The foreign-born population stands at around 10%.

i is next!
    Last edited by Pinot's Mom; 11-03-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: two posts at once!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Invercargill, city at the bottom of the south Island NZ.

J is next.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

14. A choice! J or N?

We have had a number of N so I am going to go with J...

Johannesburg South Africa. The largest city in South Africa and one of the 40 largest cities in world.

G

Galt, CA - where I graduated high school.
    Incorporated in 1946, Galt is a growing community with approximately 25,000 residents located approximately 20 miles south of Sacramento along Highway 99.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)