Thread: Help training a previously abused dog

Hybrid View

Folks, this original post is from 2009, LeonilCraig is a new person and probably didn't notice the date when he/she posted in it today.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Folks, this original post is from 2009, LeonilCraig is a new person and probably didn't notice the date when he/she posted in it today.

I was about to say how much I agreed with Freedom & Kay until I noticed the date of the original post.

( In these old posts, I often wonder what ever happened to the animals involved. )
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gosh, I didn't notice the date either and I'm not a new poster . I too wonder what happened with the dog... Kay

Guess that makes another one who didn't notice the date---I sat here with tears running down my cheeks feeling so sorry for that poor little dog. Now I'm also wondering what happened to that little dog.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Help training a previously abused dog

Okay, you can also provide training to pets..so, the trainers teaches the dogs. and your problem will also overcome.

Thank you

Blog Entries

Depressed Doggie

I once had a dog who was also deprived by his previous owner and had the same dilemma of constant barking day and night. My Vet adviced me not to shout and yell on him for to him it means I am joining him, me as if barking also by yelling at him.
    I bought a dog treat and breaks it into smaller pieces. And whenever he start barking again, I signalled with the Shhhhhhhhh and say in a soft but commanding tone 'Quiet.' Once he stop barking and gets somber and quiet, I give him some of the piece of treat I had.
    Its a routine and might have to be repeated several times until he learns about the command.
    On Dog Treats: there are many available in the pet shop but I chose the one that resembles a dog bone, hard, and long lasting. It takes days for him to nibble on it and just re heat it on the microwave every time I need to treat him or reward him.

The important thing is that your patience, training and reward. They all go together most of the time.