Thread: Mason

Mason

I am bit late writing this, but Mason passed away Oct. 11th. Many months ago he began losing control of his back legs. It progressed very slowly, and he was doing fabulously in adjusting to pulling himself around. Sadly I believe it progressed to some of his organs and his little body shut down fairly quickly.

Mason was a typical "squish". Not as much as his predecessor (Garber), but he still loved nothing more than to spend an evening curled up in the pocket or hood of a hoodie. He was very gentle and loved when company would come over and want to play with him. He would always sit himself so perfectly in the middle of the dining room table with all the humans gathered around. He made sure each person got just as much of his attention as the next and never discriminated unless someone was wearing too much cologne.

Baby pictures of my little Macey.

He was around 3 years old and lived a good, long life. He was the last of my flock of rats, and it is so very foreign not to have the little "vermin" around to greet me. I believe I will have rats again one day, but that time is not now.

Rest easy, Mason! I love you and hope you are having a grand time at the RB with all the others that have gone before you. I bet it sure is a sight to see.

I don't have much free time lately, but I just wanted to pop in and take the time to thank everyone for their condolences when Pocky & Akio passed away. It truly means the world to me that you are all nice enough to reply to the death of a rat. Of course, my rodents meant the world to me, but its nice to see that not everyone views them as "gross".

Anyway, thanks so much.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Mason. He was such a fighter!

RIP Mason
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm sorry about Mason. I suppose he's playing with the others who went ahead of him. Even the tiny creatures are dear in our hearts and I'm sure Mason meant the world to you.{hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry to hear about Mason.(((HUGS)))
    He was a cutie.
    Rest in Peace Mason
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Sorry to hear about your little Mason, Courtney. He is romping in the green fields over the Rainbow Bridge. . .

Cathy and the FLock

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I raised pet rats in high school. I know how attached one can get to them. They are wonderful pets! I have cats and a bunny now, so having rats would probably not be a good idea right now. But someday, who knows?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks so much, guys.

I miss having rats so much... Even with the two ferrets around it still seems so empty in my room. I guess I will get used to it eventually...
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Oh no not another little Rattie friend, i am so sorry . Rest easy Mason.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Oh... my... goodnessssssss....

Sorry.... this stuff is just HORRIBLE
    I love you and i miss you RB Goldberg. you may be gone from the world, but you'll never be gone from my heart. i wish you could come back, but you are better now. Rest in heavenly peace. i forever miss and love you. i hope "one fine day" we can reunite and be best friends again.
    I forever hold you in my arms,
    I have your name engraved in my heart,
    I know that you may be gone,
    But i loved you right from the start.