Thread: It worked! :-D

It worked! :-D

YES! Our cat enclosure WORKED! so far......lol
    After little Phoebe's boyfriend Riley got ran over by a car and died, we decided we must protect our cats. We had previously let Phoebe out to roam freely as we thought it would be cruel to keep her indoors. We since got a kitten, Vinnie, who is now 8 months old but we haven't let him out yet cos we think he is too small still (runt!)
    Anyway since poor Riley the cat died, my boyfriend and I have spent over £200 on materials and have managed to make the garden cat proof! We have added existing bits to the fences we already have and have had to erect a wire fence at the back of the garden where there are trees.
    I just can't believe how well it has worked though! Phoebe has just been out in the garden for the first time in 2 weeks and............no escape! She has been darting about the garden, sniffing the air, chasing flies and bees and generally having a purrrrrfect time :-)
    My boyfriend is at work at the moment so I am gonna wait until he gets home before we let little Vinnie out to explore as we both want to be here for that.
    I'm just so HAPPY that my gorgeous little kitty cats will forever be safe from nasty people and nasty cars! :-D
    I will post pictures when I take them later today. If anyone wants some advice on how I done it then I will be happy to say!
    *CHUFFED*
    Ps. I hope I haven't jinxed it :-S

Your Cats and You will enjoy that enclosure for many years to come and you will have the knowledge taht Your Cats will be safe, and have the benefits iof having sunny days and a warm breeze!!

And they know thier Meeeowmie went that extra mile to make them HAPPY!!!

And you know WE WANT PHOTOS!!!
    Please!!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 10-23-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Melissa

That is wonderful! I also can't wait to see pictures.
    Again, I am sorry about Riley, but his passing has just helped two other kitties from the same fate.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

No pictures yet as it is getting dark so they won't be so good-I'll take some tomorrow
    We just let little vinnie out for the first time just now. CUTE! He was very nervous at first but after a few minutes he started bounding about the garden, chasing Phoebe, sniffing plants, chasing insects
    He is so excited it makes me so happy seeing their littles faces all lit up! It's like they have both been brought to life.
    I would strongly recommend making your garden cat-proof if you have an indoor cat and haven't already done so. It is quite expensive if you don't have a lot of money, but it's worth saving because their lives have just got 10,00000000000 times better and more interesting!
    We are now thinking about making a outdoor climbing frame for the middle of the garden, as Phoebe used to love running and jumping up on the fence and scratching. It's a work in progress

I have a little couch in the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorail Lounge so I can sit with My Found Cats as they explore the sun and warm breezes and chase squiirrels and the odd moth whos bold enough to invade the Domain Of The Found Cats!!!!

We think that a Porch Swing would make everyone so happy.
    Our Awesome Angels will undoubtedly pay a call with Take Out Fish and Chips and a Few Bamgers and Crisps too!!!

Con Cat Ulations on Your Cat Shangila!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm sure they love the freedom of exploring, sniffing, digging, and scratching. Plus the fresh air, the insects and other wildlife outside.

Good job!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I