Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Schroeder...is up for adoption again #112

We had a similar situation years ago. We only had Boo at the time, and adopted Samantha, a white tortie. It soon was obvious, she was not suited to living with another cat. She lived with us for 8 weeks, just to get past the " new " phase. I hated to bring her back to the shelter. Then she developed a really bad URI. BUT, Samantha did get adopted to a home where she was the only cat. I think of her often, and when going thru photos of the cats, there she is....I guess she might be at the Bridge(she'd be about 20 now). I hope she will remember Barry and me when we go there.....Schroeder knows you tried, knows you loved him, and he is most grateful for the time you had together...Hang in there.....
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Aroara just sat with me, which in itself is very unusual, for as long as I would hold her. She made noise, (not a meow, not a growl, not really a cry. I don't know how to explain it exactly.) the entire time I held her. Her back end was soaked. We both stunk. I finally let her go in another room where she went to the back of the closet. I went in to check on her a while later and brought her back out. Again she started with the same noise. I've felt all over her backside and can't find any puncture wounds. I will have to watch her for the next couple of days. Of course she'll probably get an infected wound Saturday afternoon after the vet's office is closed for the weekend!
    But of course! It's programmed into their DNA to get sick or injured only on weekends and holidays or when our vet is on vacation.

Thanks again for the support. I just have read posts from people that have worked in rescue and get disgusted when people return cats.
    That only makes a tough situation even tougher which is why I hardly ever dealt w/rescue agencies and just did the rescue work on my own. Everyone here knows that you did your best for Schroeder and all your furkids. Like it or not, Schroeder isn't the only consideration in this situation. It isn't fair to your other cats or to you to be stressed and fearful all the time. He was in the right place w/you for the time being. Now he's moving on to his true place. It'll happen. Keep the faythe, Moesha.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    If I didn't have other cats, I would adopt Schroeder in a second!
    Same here! He is so handsome, I'm sure he will find a home as an only kitty.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm sorry Schroeder didn't work out. I hope he finds a home where he is the only cat. You've done all you could.

Good Luck Schroeder.

melissa

I agree with you katladyd and cassiesmom. If I didn't have any other cats, I would keep him too. I just talked with the foster mom from the cat rescue. Her dad lives in my town, so she is going to come visit him tomorrow. We're going to meet around 3 for her to take him. This is very sad. It was 6 weeks ago today that I lost Morgan. I never dreamed that I would get so attached to Schroeder. I am going to be checking petfinder every day to see if he has a home and am going to be so sad to see him back on there. I'm going to be tempted to drive to Nashville and look at him in Petsmart too. I know that probably wouldn't be good for me or for him. I have all of his stuff that I know he likes all together to go with him. I want him to get a happy ending.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Could her dad take Schroeder?

Prayers and hugs for you both. Bless you for loving him so much and doing all you did for him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

No, her dad can't take Schroeder. I'm meeting her after she visits with her dad because her step-mother is allergic to cats.

I just said my good-byes to my boy Schroeder. I met the lady from the cat rescue in town. The house is lonely again. Although, Aroara is here with me. She keeps walking around hissing. This is the first time in a month that the door to my bedroom has been open when she has been inside. I'm sure she smells his scent in there. I hope she'll come in to sleep with me tonight. I am very sad, but also a little relieved. It was a lot of work having him here and making sure everyone was alright and separated. Maybe I'll just take a little time to relax before making any other kitty decisions. I might attempt to get one or two of the outside kitties to be more comfortable coming inside. If only I could have my Morgan back, all would be right in my house.

I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Schroeder. Some kitties truly are meant to be only cats. I'm sure it was very hard to say good bye, but the right home will come along for him.

And I know how you feel about wishing Morgan were there. It's so hard to adjust to the absence of a beloved kitty.

I just said my good-byes to my boy Schroeder. I met the lady from the cat rescue in town. The house is lonely again. Although, Aroara is here with me. She keeps walking around hissing. This is the first time in a month that the door to my bedroom has been open when she has been inside. I'm sure she smells his scent in there. I hope she'll come in to sleep with me tonight. I am very sad, but also a little relieved. It was a lot of work having him here and making sure everyone was alright and separated. Maybe I'll just take a little time to relax before making any other kitty decisions. I might attempt to get one or two of the outside kitties to be more comfortable coming inside. If only I could have my Morgan back, all would be right in my house.
    It's tough, I know, but as you say, you're also a little relieved. When you have that kind of chaos in the house, your world gets turned upside down. Schroeder will soon be in his new permanent home. And your last sentence is heartwrenching. We all feel that pain at some time in our lives. It's as though there's a hole in your heart and in your world. Life will soon calm down and get back to normal again. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Your last sentence brought tears to my eyes. Because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I wish I had my Tazmoe back too. But then I wish I had him back with his health like it was five years ago. He was fat and happy.

You did the right thing for you, Aroara and Schroeder. He will find his furrever home. And he will be king of his own castle.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

You did every possible thing for Schroeder, but it was not meant to be for him. It happened to me years ago and even though it wasn't anyone's fault, I still feel guilty.

Let's hope and pray that a furrever home happens for him and he can be the top cat in the household..............

hugs to you............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I