View Poll Results: Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

22 53.66%
  • No it is too early

12 29.27%
  • Bah Humbug!

7 17.07%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet?

Okay, I voted because I have officially started now. Not much, but a start...

Found this old thread and thought I would bump it up.

I've changed my Christmas shopping since then. I buy little things all year round, when I see something that fits a particular person, but in my family we have a new custom... we each buy one thing costing no more than about $10, then after dinner, we sit around and take turns throwing this enormous dice on the floor, and the one who get a six first, pick a gift (they are all wrapped). When everyone has opened their gifts, we play one more dice game, on time (like 10 15 min. only one person knows how long the game continues), and if anyone wants to pick another person's gift, they can when they get a six.

This way, we don't get lots of things we don't need/want, and we have more time to sit around a chat.

Oh, and each family bring an "almond gift" to put inside the Ris a la Mande. The one(s) who get the almond(s) get to pick a gift from the table - it's usually chocolate or some kind of deli food, but sometimes it is a little booklet with political satire.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Nearly 4 weeks ago, I saw a perfect blender, and it was a very reasonable price!
    I bought it and once home, I store it in the basement untill our Jo passed by;
    Every year he keeps asking me "what would you like to get mom?"
    So now he was happy that the problem was solved even before he realised once more that he "didn't know what to get"
    So, YES I have, and I will even be happier at Christmas...!
    Oops yes, I may NOT forget to act "surprised" then.... LOL
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I was shopping for a birthday gift on Saturday and I had one of those "that's a perfect gift" moments. So yes, I bought my first Christmas gift of the year when I wasn't even looking for one!

My mom has already asked what I'd like for Christmas. There's nothing I particularly need. Best gift is the opportunity to spend time with my family. They're so busy, it's nice to just slow down and be together for one whole afternoon (well, two- Thanksgiving and Christmas).
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    The only people my husband and I exchange gifts with anymore simply suggested the other week that we quit it and just enjoy one another's company! Honestly, we are so relieved. We are at an age where we all have what we love, the malls are crammed already, cannot even find a place to park at Guildford mall and it's only Nov. SO glad we don't have to do that again. Christmas gift every year from now on. They insist on homemade caramel corn though, gotta draw the line somewhere! Merry Christmas!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    I'm making gifts for people this year and Ive started getting the materials...does that count?
    Totally counts, like all over great!