View Poll Results: Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

22 53.66%
  • No it is too early

12 29.27%
  • Bah Humbug!

7 17.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet?

I start picking up a few things as early as Sept. I don't buy for many, most is spent on my furkids. It's nice to have a few things put away and at least a few ideas of what to pick up for the rest on my list.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My mom and I always go Christmas shopping together and we don't ever get started until like a week right before Christmas lol!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Christmas shopping is rather minimal in our house. We came to an agreement many years ago in our families that we all DON'T NEED ANYTHING! So, we do little gift baskets with consumables that will be used, and call it a day. We're all very blessed and fortunate and would rather put resources where they're needed elsewhere.
    I wish my family would do this. I haven't started Christmas anything yet. We will probably start rehearsing Advent music at church in the next couple of weeks.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I voted yes, as I've done my budget.. haven't actually bought something yet.

For the last several years, we give each other maybe one gift, if that. All of us pick a family that needs help and we all pitch in for a local no kill shelter that needs help desperately.

So far, every year, we have contributed to the same family. It's a single Mom with a young boy with cancer and another son. Last year we bought them food for the holiday and tickets to Sea World. They had a blast and made us a little photo album of the trip.

We usually buy all kinds of pet food and supplies for the shelter but they need cash this year. That's what we'll do. Not as much as in the past but as much as we can spare.

My gifts this year will be quilted items I've either already made or will make.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Of course! I am actually usually done by Halloween because I work retail, and I won't have time as the holodays come near. I'm actually a bit behind this year, but not really since I'm asking to cut back on who I buy gifts for.

I pick up things all year round for my neices and nephew. If I think "oh Paige would love this" into the basket it goes! I've learned not to wait because it will be GONE! LOL! My youngest siblings are single and learning to cook. I work at a gourmet store so when I get freebies or deals, I save it for them rather than use it myself. The older (still younger than me!) have everything they could need or want and more. They buy whatever they want for themselves so it's a little tricky. I LOVE the Amazon lists they have. As long as they keep it updated and haven't already filled their own wish list I do get them autographed cookbooks. That's fun!
    Claudia

Nope, I don't even know what to buy half my family. My brother is taking me and my sister to Boston over winter break, so hopefully will find something there. My mom asked me what I wanted the other day, I got all I wanted and more (mikey). So, I am happy, but I do need to find some gifts fast...and I need to keep my savings afloat to.

There is one drawback to shopping early. Back when the kids were little I would hide things as I bought them (all over the house!) Occasionally, as the last gift was opened on Christmas morning I would think to myself....hmmm, I remember buying such and such. Wonder where it is? I have been known to stumble across a hidden Christmas gift in February.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    There is one drawback to shopping early. Back when the kids were little I would hide things as I bought them (all over the house!) Occasionally, as the last gift was opened on Christmas morning I would think to myself....hmmm, I remember buying such and such. Wonder where it is? I have been known to stumble across a hidden Christmas gift in February.
    When I went to trade in my car a few years ago I found in the trunk the Harley Davidson Monoply game I had bought for my husband for Christmas.

It was April...

I buy presents only for a small family and a few friends. My family and I usually give each other lists and it's practical things we can USE, we give each other. Not very exiting, but for friends I enjoy finding little things I know they'll like. I got a something this April for a dear friend.

This year, I'll make chocolade truffles for my vet and his assistants. They're all so nice!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I had rather take a beating than to shop, especially the Mall type of shopping. I only have to buy for my wife and Grand kids and that is it. I usually give my Grand kids American Express gift cards that can be used anywhere. I have an understanding with my wife that she buys her own gifts then I will wrap them
    and put them under the tree. I do usually buy some small something as a stocking
    stuffer and that's it. I put no on the poll.

I have!I have already bought my grandparents there gifts and wrapped them.I love giving gifts.I still have 6 people to buy for.I have started filling out my christmas cards already too.I get them at the end of every year after they go on sale and use them for next year.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I just got in from doing some serious shopping at Kohl's. They have great sales on everything and I had a 15% coupon to use that came in the mail. Then at the checkout I got back *Kohl's bucks* to use on my next trip and I have another coupon which starts next week.

I OFFICIALLY started last night lol.

I've only bought one thing so far.

Had someone custom make me a sign for my step dad's garage. This is his pride and joy. He worked so hard to turn it from a garage into a games room basically. it's his little man haven hahaha. he has all his tools in there, a tv, stereo, karaoke machine, pool table/ping pong table, and dart board. it's a really cool place and he did a very good job with it.

So I had someone make him a sign that says "What happens in the garage Stays in the garage" hehe

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com